Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: 1.1.1 Released
09-27-2007, 12:36 PM #1
Firmware 1.1.1 was released today. Features include:
• iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store
• Louder speakerphone and receiver volume
• Home Button double-click shortcut to phone favorites or music controls
• Space bar double-tap shortcut to intelligently insert period and space
• Mail attachments are viewable in portrait and landscape
• Stocks and cities in Stocks and Weather can be re-ordered
• Apple Bluetooth Headset battery status in the Status Bar
• Support for TV Out
• Preference to turn off EDGE/GPRS when roaming internationally
• New Passcode lock time intervals
• Adjustable alert volume
If you are the owner of an unlocked iPhone, DO NOT UPDATE until we have a viable solution for either relocking and then unlocking after the update, or doing the update without bricking your iPhone. Updating an unlocked iPhone currently WILL BRICK your iPhone.
- If you have an unlocked phone, but are using AT&T, updating will NOT brick your iPhone, but you will have to get a new SIM card, as the iPhone will display an incorrect SIM message.
- If you have an unlocked iPhone, and are running a carrier OTHER than AT&T, updating will NOT brick your iPhone, but it WILL relock your iPhone, and no existing methods will unlock again, so DON'T UPDATE YET.
- If you have an iPhone LOCKED TO AT&T still, updating your iPhone will work fine. If you have installed 3rd party apps, they will be gone, and no existing methods will reinstall them.
- No, the developers of the software modding apps have NOT updated their apps within the past 2 hours. When they do you will be notified with a new News story.
09-27-2007, 12:38 PM #2
09-27-2007, 12:39 PM #3
does ibrickr work with the new Software?
09-27-2007, 12:41 PM #4
so what does this mean for us non-unlocked but modded users? should we hold off for experts to test out the water?
09-27-2007, 12:42 PM #5
Its safe to just download correct?
09-27-2007, 12:42 PM #6
Dammit! I'm dying for the spacebar double tap feature... and an EDGE switch! But not dying enough to possibly brick my phone.
09-27-2007, 12:42 PM #7If you are the owner of an unlocked iPhone, DO NOT UPDATE until we have a viable solution for either relocking and then unlocking after the update, or doing the update without bricking your iPhone. Updating an unlocked iPhone currently WILL BRICK your iPhone.
what exactly does unlocked mean? being able to use with other carriers? or just jailbreaked and able to mod?
09-27-2007, 12:43 PM #8
Wtf Where My Update Itunes Saying 1.0.2 Is Current Version
09-27-2007, 12:43 PM #9
What if you just have a modded iPhone with just modded features but still an at&t customer.... can we still update?? or would you recomend not to?
09-27-2007, 12:43 PM #10
Is this all? No MMS, no all those little things that we have asked apple about?
09-27-2007, 12:44 PM #11
I take it no one was brave enough to try the update yet? Looks like some nice stuff. I am downloading it now will let you know how it works for me. I have a modded but not unlocked iphone.
Finished downloading, tryed to install, made me wipe my phone lets see how it goes....
Installed and working fine, but can not remodd my phone at all atm... so I for now we are stuck with stock stuff.
Last edited by ian_frs; 09-27-2007 at 12:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ian_frs For This Useful Post:
09-27-2007, 12:44 PM #12
i dont have any mods, i'll install it
09-27-2007, 12:45 PM #13
it sucks that we can just use a reflash firmware that doesn't change the addons or anything like u can with motorola phones lol. btw tell me how the updating goes for your modded phone
09-27-2007, 12:45 PM #14
the phones that are unlocked to use other carriers shouldn't update their phone as it will brick them. the ones like me whom have just broken them out of jail (installer.app), say they shouldnt brick them. im wanna upgrade but i'll wait untill installer.app is upgraded to work with 1.1.1
09-27-2007, 12:46 PM #15
Unlocked means SIM unlocked, for use with other carriers. Modding/Jailbreaking will NOT result in a bricked phone, although it will more than likely ask you to restore before doing the update.
Anyone done this yet and can offer more info?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:
09-27-2007, 12:47 PM #16
Added to tutorial
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
- Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
can we assume that when a solution for the update has been discovered that that will just be added to your current tutorial? You did a great job with it by the way. I love my unlocked phone and look forward to eventually having the new features
09-27-2007, 12:48 PM #17
09-27-2007, 12:49 PM #18
Can someone install and check the stat with apptapp and ifuntastic after the upgrade. Think these will still work?
09-27-2007, 12:50 PM #19
There should be a way to like backup all the images and settings, then after the update/restore is done, reroll them back in, so you don't have to re-mod
09-27-2007, 12:51 PM #20
ibrickr doesnt work.....new sms sounds sectoin....when settin into restore mode new graphics(iphone connector cable and itunes logo)....louder speaker...
The Following User Says Thank You to joe5609 For This Useful Post: