Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Released

Quote Originally Posted by xc00lxkidx View Post
    we should just ditch using mac os x on our phones and make our own windows vista mobile. wouldnt that be a kick in the face for both apple and microsoft?
    This thread gets funnier and funnier!
    as i said b4-LMFAO!!!
    E=mc^2+/-3db

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    ...does what you said mean that even if the installer gets updated to jailbreak again w/ the new firmware that still does not guarantee that all the apps we are currently using off the current install will still work until each and every dev updates their software individually?(
    Since all the apps were written to an undocumented APIU, if changes were made to the API, and the apps were expecting something else, they will break. It means what it says - any and all apps may not work even if you could get them to show up and get them over on the phone.

I KNOW I am waiting until at least Installer.app is working. And then to see a report from the field. What I got now I like too much....

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    This is happening to people who are updating unlocked iPhones running AT&T, it seems. If you have a LOCKED phone, it works fine, regardless of jailbreak/3rd party apps state. It just breaks the 3rd party apps.
    I do NOT have an UNLOCKED phone..I have a MODDED phone with sifferent software (summerboard, nes....) and I am getting this SIM Error.

So its not just people who have Unlocked there phone, its some people who have just modded them.

I have reinstalled iTunes and tried to restore and still get the same unknown error when clicking restore

we should just ditch using mac os x on our phones and make our own windows vista mobile. wouldnt that be a kick in the face for both apple and microsoft?
    Yes, but can you deal with your phone asking you if you are sure you want to make a call?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxjoebreadxx View Post
    Update 4:35PM: Natetrue from DevTeam says that his previously unlocked iPhone works after the 1.1.1 upgrade using a legit AT&T card. Something must be wrong with Brian's setup. We are investigating this now

This is a direct quote.
    And that is exactly what I was talking about. The different ways gone about the hack produces different results. So laugh if you will. I know at least how to design a circut and the different ways you go about it produces different results.

It doesn't unlock everyone's phone at the moment, but it solidifies my initial question I was heckled over. This one single phone can be the key for the information of how to work around the problem by simply investigating HOW the user upgraded his phone.

At least there is hope.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Yes, but can you deal with your phone asking you if you are sure you want to make a call?
    LMAO that would suck when calling 911. then we'll switch to linux

Quote Originally Posted by xc00lxkidx View Post
    That would be great. Better yet, just run it on a Treo and change the icons...

Are you insane? Have you used windows mobile or vista at all yet? I'd sooner put IBM OS/2 on it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

It is a sad day indeed when Apple SH#Ts on it custumers like this!!!!!!!!!! None this would have happened if that would have simply allowed multiple carriers like most other cell phone companies.
    Thanks,

Timbo

Quote Originally Posted by Conquest3.0 View Post
    I do NOT have an UNLOCKED phone..I have a MODDED phone with sifferent software (summerboard, nes....) and I am getting this SIM Error.

So its not just people who have Unlocked there phone, its some people who have just modded them.

I have reinstalled iTunes and tried to restore and still get the same unknown error when clicking restore
    HUH, how did you apply those mods? through installer? I wouldn't worry about it... Dev Team is going to make a patch in a few days.

Wow thats has to be the most crazy statement I have ever heard. If you want a windows based phone go buy a Treo or some other phone. Windozes app on a Apple?

Geez.

We buy Apple to get away from Windoze and newbie users don't seem to understand.

ive modded the hell out of my iphone, restored it more times in one week than there are minutes, and mine restored and reinstalled new firmware just fine. i wonder if u got the IPHONE VIRUS i keep hearing about.....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,574 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ebernet View Post
    Since all the apps were written to an undocumented APIU, if changes were made to the API, and the apps were expecting something else, they will break. It means what it says - any and all apps may not work even if you could get them to show up and get them over on the phone.

I KNOW I am waiting until at least Installer.app is working. And then to see a report from the field. What I got now I like too much....
    hehe! sorry for the back and forth but that is "exactly" what I thought...

Means possibly a longer wait "even after the installer gets updated" for some of us. =(

I'd sooner but Dos 6.22 on it! Seriously!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

where is the firmware stored on the computer after it is downloaded?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Haha that's so true

Quote Originally Posted by editwizard View Post
    Have you used windows mobile or vista at all yet? I'd sooner put IBM OS/2 on it.
    I have vista and i love it. idk why it gets all this crap from people. i had no problem updating and all my drivers work just fine. my laptop runs faster than when it was running xp tablet edition. idk maybe i just got lucky?

Now THAT is scary. wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    rian you should keep reapeating yourself, like eveyone else. I cant walk away from this thread it get funnier and funnier every post. the same crap questions over and over. PEOPLE (start at page 1 and work your way up)
    lol i agree, it is getting amusing. i feel kinda bad for pf and the other mods who keep doing the same as i am.

HUH, how did you apply those mods? through installer? I wouldn't worry about it... Dev Team is going to make a patch in a few days.
    I jailbroke the phone then used Installer.APP to put everything on there..

But I never unlocked, downloaded any unlocked application or anything close it on my phone.

So this is not an error that only Unlocked phones are getting, its an error that application modded phones are getting as well.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    hehe! sorry for the back and forth but that is "exactly" what I thought...

Means possibly a longer wait "even after the installer gets updated" for some of us. =(
    Apple won't change their API at all. They don't want to rewrite all of their OWN apps to work with their own phone. If anything, some features will be ADDED, but not removed/changed. Not to worry.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast