Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Released

Thanks

It is possible to downgrade to 1.02 correct?
    EDIT: Nevermind just read top post *hail marry* im going for it

Quote Originally Posted by Toughtony View Post
    NOooooooo! it took all the modds off no themes, no logos, no nothin like just outa the box. THATS SO LAME....
    um, yeah... what were you expecting?
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    app tapp installed through Itunes, but not jailbroken, yes?
    what do you mean?

yeeah that confused me too

You were expecting something else?

I just synced it without updating, who really needs the itunes store anyway? NES > Itunes

Quote Originally Posted by editwizard View Post
    You were expecting something else?
    not me.... i knew what was gonna happen! i thought it was gonna be worse. but now its a waiting game till the hackers update their programs and get us back in the game

Quote Originally Posted by jealous soul View Post
    Ok, but now the images are back to stock, correct?
    Yes, if you update it's back to factory settings. No mods.
    I agree with the user who says there is no reason to update right now. What has apple done that is so important to add to your phone? The mods and apps here are so much more important to me than any louder speaker phone or wifi itunes. This update was a big letdown. How about sms attachments, copy/paste, flash, voice recorder???? Jeez..simple features that most phones have had for YEARS!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by N818 View Post
    this really stinks....how long do u think itll be until a working jailbreaking technique.
    Give it a bit, guys. Devs are JUST NOW updating their firmwares, same as everyone. Apple doesn't release the firmware early to hackers.

Quote Originally Posted by knickboy87 View Post
    We can still sync a modded phone without updating right? Like, if I unplug my internet then sync my phone, nothing will happen, correct?
    Yep. Apple always gives you the option to NOT update.

Quote Originally Posted by Toughtony View Post
    I dont think there is a downgrade software out and better hope apple hasnt thought of a way to stop that like Sony did with the PSP...
    No reason to, it'd be smarter to have the tools work with the CURRENT software instead of spending all the energy on finding ways to DOWNGRADE your firmware. And that's where attention is going.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

so Independence is useless after update, right? no openSSH?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Right. For a day or three at least, until they update.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by champnou View Post
    dunno anyone thats tried it

Thanks

alright i updated and put the stock activated sim back in and its saying its incorrect

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by champnou View Post
    right.

Yes, if you update it's back to factory settings. No mods.
    I agree with the user who says there is no reason to update right now. What has apple done that is so important to add to your phone? The mods and apps here are so much more important to me than any louder speaker phone or wifi itunes. This update was a big letdown. How about sms attachments, copy/paste, flash, voice recorder???? Jeez..simple features that most phones have had for YEARS!
    Theres no progress as far as modding the new software without updating at least 1 phone.

Thanks

Holding down top and home button no longer work either

Quote Originally Posted by N818 View Post
    my itunes says 1.02 is the latest version...im also not using the latest version of itunes... im using 7.3....
    I think you need to update your iTunes to see the new firmware.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneroeth View Post
    what do you mean?
    As I said, you can have apptapp without hacking and jailbreaking. I want to know if it is jailbreak that "breaks" the update to the app tapp.

How To: Install Apps without hacking
    Follow these instructions to install installer.app and start enjoying all of the wonderful native apps!

1. Go here http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/ and download the AppTapp Installer

2. Go to iTunes, uncheck the "sync when iPhone is connected" button and completely close iTunes.

3. Open the .dmg, hit the continue button and let it do its magic!, restart your phone and you will now have a new app on your phone.

4. You can now go back into iTunes and recheck the "sync when iPhone is connected" button.

Now you will be able to install applications from the Installer. This is extremely simple. Just open the Installer application and select the software you want to install.

I have no mods and I am an AT&T customer so I installed the update. Its nothin special, just a few features like the home key double-tap and the louder speaker. The biggest update is the iTunes wi-fi music store.

Well, basically you will be REQUIRED to update eventually b/c the hacking community is not going to pursue parallel development. Firmware 1.0.2 is now dead. All future hacking will proceed under 1.1.1, then 1.1.2, 1.1.3, etc. To continue modding you will have to update to whatever is current after the hackers are able to adjust their methods and break in again.

Of course you can keep and enjoy what you have today - just don't expect any further application updates. Software that is actually ON the iPhone itself will continue to work as long as it doesn't rely on a server-side host (like AppTapp). I would imagine at some point AppTapp will no longer be accessible by iPhones running 1.0.2 firmware.

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast