Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 741

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 1.1.1 Released

  1. #541
    I know this is a dumb question, but does anyone want to sell their "paperweight"? I have to get my wife an iphone and i have a few months before christmas. i'll buy d dead one that someone doesn't want.

    PM me and we can discuss a price. i'd prefer a 4 gb.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by pcuserforever; 09-28-2007 at 07:12 AM.

  2. #542
    Quote Originally Posted by jrs_66 View Post
    What kind of caveman would unlock their phone, only to continue using ATT?? Why does it seem that every joker with an unlocked phone also feels the need to upgrade despite many, many wornings??? Get a clue guys!


  3. #543
    There are some security fixes too in the update:
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306586

  4. #544
    SO WHEN ARE THE DEVS GOING TO REALEASE AN UNLCOK SOFTWARE FOR FIRMWARE 1.1.1 :?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

  5. #545
    Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    SO WHEN ARE THE DEVS GOING TO REALEASE AN UNLCOK SOFTWARE FOR FIRMWARE 1.1.1 :?
    When you pay them for the free unlock/ibrickr software they they provide for your inpatient ***! Geez!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    mofolo... That's not true. All of your apps will be gone beause you had to restore your iphone.
    Mofo is a pointless poster because he has no idea what he is talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    I had MANY 3rd party apps and installed 1.1.1 without an issue... Maybe it's your phone...
    How much is Apple paying you to post BS like that?
    Last edited by Truckerbear; 09-28-2007 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    8 gig iPhone Edge 2G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using bootneuter and blackra1n.
    8 gig iPhone 3G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using Whited00r CFW
    16 gig iPhone 3GS (new bootrom): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/limera1n.
    16 gig Wifi iPad first day iPad JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig Wifi/3G iPad first day iPad UNLKD/JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig iPhone 4(first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/greenpois0n
    Apps: 157 installed 25 developed.

  6. #546
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckerbear View Post
    When you pay them for the free unlock/ibrickr software they they provide for your inpatient ***! Geez!



    Mofo is a pointless poster because he has no idea what he is talking about.



    How much is Apple paying you to post BS like that?
    Yeah i'll DONATE a few bucks
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

  7. #547
    Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    SO WHEN ARE THE DEVS GOING TO REALEASE AN UNLCOK SOFTWARE FOR FIRMWARE 1.1.1 :?
    Actually, I'm more interested in the status of the relocking tool that's being worked on. According to Erica Sadun, the 1.1.1 firmware is "locked down tighter than a WWE half-Nelson." Now, we can argue about just how tight the holds in the WWE are, but it does sound like the dev team is thinking it will be a while before they can jailbreak it, and until they can break it, they can't fix the bricking of unlocked phones.

  8. #548
    Quote Originally Posted by ToutSuite View Post
    Actually, I'm more interested in the status of the relocking tool that's being worked on. According to Erica Sadun, the 1.1.1 firmware is "locked down tighter than a WWE half-Nelson." Now, we can argue about just how tight the holds in the WWE are, but it does sound like the dev team is thinking it will be a while before they can jailbreak it, and until they can break it, they can't fix the bricking of unlocked phones.
    The Q is how long, i say 2 weeks from now something like that.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

  9. #549
    Well, Jobs. You lock the phone with new firmware, but we won't update it.
    what is the point?

  10. #550
    Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    Well, Jobs. You lock the phone with new firmware, but we won't update it.
    what is the point?
    True lol. But how about the people who buy iphones with firmware 1.1.1 and want to unlcok them?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

  11. #551
    Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    True lol. But how about the people who buy iphones with firmware 1.1.1 and want to unlcok them?
    i guess they have already produced the number of iPhones with the firmware 1.0.0, than we had to update it to 1.0.2. they wont produce new phones just because of the Firmware.
    Cant wait for the new Unlock

  12. #552
    Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    Well, Jobs. You lock the phone with new firmware, but we won't update it.
    what is the point?
    The people that buy phones from now on...


    Also as for the "why would you unlock if you're still using ATT?" question, well I, for example, am studying abroad next semester in Spain. So for now I'm fine with ATT, but i know that in a few months i'm going to need it in Europe!

    That said, I actually have NOT unlocked my phone yet because I knew something like this would happen. Still I will not be updating the firmware because I <3 my apps so much. Does anyone know how the update works for people using an existing ATT account (NOT an iPhone plan?)

  13. #553
    When are the DEV team going to realease new unlocking apps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jetnor View Post
    i guess they have already produced the number of iPhones with the firmware 1.0.0, than we had to update it to 1.0.2. they wont produce new phones just because of the Firmware.
    Cant wait for the new Unlock
    Yeah me too im waiting for the new UNLOCK Apps they will be realesed soon.
    Last edited by yowiphone; 09-28-2007 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

  14. #554
    It will be ready when they say it is. They're working on it.

  15. #555
    How is this thread 37 pages? It's the same questions / comments over and over. Do people not bother to read any of it, and just post their question about bricking/not-bricking their phones?

  16. #556
    Yep the Devs are working on NEW apps for unlocking iphones with firmware 1.1.1
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

  17. #557
    I AM AN ATT CUSTOMER, I HAVE A MODDED / NON UNLOCKED IPHONE. I SUCCESSFULLY DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED THE NEW 1.1.1 UPDATE AFTER IT COMPLETED THE PHONE SHOWED AN ACTIVATION SCREEN. (this made me very nervous) ITUNES WOULDN'T EVEN SEE THAT THE PHONE WAS DOCKED / CONNECTED TO THE USB. SO I ULTIMATELY ENDED UP UN-INSTALLING THEN RE-INSTALLING ITUNES, AS SOON AS I OPENED A FRESHLY INSTALLED ITUNES MY IPHONE IMMEDIATELY JUMPED TO A NEW SCREEN SAYING "IPHONE ACTIVATED" AND EVERYTHING WAS FINE. NOTE IT DID ERASE EVERY SINGLE THIRD PARTY APP THAT I HAD SO ALL IN ALL THE EAR PIECE VOLUME IS MUCH IMPROVED, I DON'T NOTICE MUCH DIFFERENCE IN THE SPEAKER PHONE. IF I HAD TO CHOOSE AGAIN, I WOULD HAVE NOT UPDATED SO ALL MY APPS WOULD STILL WORK

  18. #558
    The question is if you have a NON UNLOCKED phone but it is modded, if not having the orginal sim is causing it to be "Bricked."

    So who has a NON UNLOCKED phone that got bricked?
    And did you not have the original sim that came with the iphone?

  19. #559
    why are you yelling
    [CENTER] Honda-Tech FTW

  20. #560
    Quote Originally Posted by McGeeTM View Post
    why are you yelling
    LOL!

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •