Closed Thread
Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Yeah, ive tried everything, ibricker, jailbreak, iphonebrowser... iphonebrowser lets you see some files... i put a ringtone on my phone. the phone sees it, but the ringtone just doesnt play.
    Thanks
    Yeah, ive tried everything, ibricker, jailbreak, iphonebrowser... iphonebrowser lets you see some files... i put a ringtone on my phone. the phone sees it, but the ringtone just doesnt play.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    so is it just the mini plug on one end and the yellow, red, and white on the other (for the composite, obviously)? or do they have to plug into the ipod dock connector at the bottom? would a generic one from radio shack work? i wasn't sure since the opening is so narrow.
    Yeah I just bought a generic cable from radioshack for my ipod video. The video is sent through the red though not the yellow.

My summerboard decided to get all effed up randomly about an hour ago so I'm just going to take the plunge and upgrade the firmware. No more ringtones how will I live!?

I'll let you know if the video out is through the headphone jack.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
    heh make sure to update your itunes and iphone both! I had only done iphone (it never told me to update itunes?) and my phone was stuck in connect to itunes, and i would get an error. But for the heck of it I updated itunes and it was able to fix my iphone!

Ive posted a 10 Step Process I went through, nothing worked, including the reinstall of iTunes' latest version.

Im Done for now, Im off to work...

Its Time Warner Cable Time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickyhkg View Post
    I just bought a new iPhone and it's already unlocked. But I need to sync my contacts and music to my iPhone now, will iTunes force me to upgrade to the new firmware 1.1.1? if it does then I will be stuck with an useless iPhone with no contacts and music in it at all! Can someone help to answer this question?
    Thank you so much!
    Apple does NOT force you to update to 1.1.1, however if you do.. you're stuck with it. Hope that answers everything for ya.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cockyjeremy For This Useful Post:

nickyhkg (09-27-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's sorta official. It seems Apple update disabled unlocked iphones.

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/09...lock/index.php

iPhone? More like MyPhone Truckerbear's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    ....and I have $50 that says Apple is paying a handful of people to go around the net and post this CRAP to get people to update.
    Yep I agree 100 percent!
    8 gig iPhone Edge 2G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using bootneuter and blackra1n.
    8 gig iPhone 3G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using Whited00r CFW
    16 gig iPhone 3GS (new bootrom): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/limera1n.
    16 gig Wifi iPad first day iPad JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig Wifi/3G iPad first day iPad UNLKD/JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig iPhone 4(first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/greenpois0n
    Apps: 157 installed 25 developed.

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farani View Post
    Yeah I just bought a generic cable from radioshack for my ipod video. The video is sent through the red though not the yellow.

My summerboard decided to get all effed up randomly about an hour ago so I'm just going to take the plunge and upgrade the firmware. No more ringtones how will I live!?

I'll let you know if the video out is through the headphone jack.
    cool, please do let me know if the generic cable works. i just didn't know if it would fit in there since the hole is so small (or even if the TV output comes out of there rather than the dock connector).

i want to pick up a cable so i can make use of the TV output feature... i just need to know which cable to get.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I read through all this thread and didn't see anyone mention that you could still bypass the activation using the existing software to do this. I have two iPhones one unlocked and the other just did the activation thing and my wife uses that one. My question we just use the iPhone's for music, video, email, and the camera. If we upgraded to the new firmware would I be able to use the software that is out there to bypass the AT&T activation or not. Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gramirez View Post
    No point in going to AT&T another sim card does not work and Apple is black listing you if you call and tell them once you give them the IMEI number and its the 0000 one your fawked.
    Are you kidding me?
    @$#!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dinky View Post
    It's sorta official. It seems Apple update disabled unlocked iphones.

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/09...lock/index.php
    I don't get it. All it says it that it disabled unlocked phones, but only gets rid of the jailbreak hack for 3rd party software. Okay, then why are some AT&T locked phones with 3rd party software receiving the Sim error? Why are some totally unmodified phones getting the same error? I think there's a bug somewhere in the update.

Thanks

Default read read read
    yo.. i just opened iphonebrowser.. and saw my ttr folder in there.. and the song that i had download ealier today on taptap rev.. and i updated like an hour ago.. so im assuming that actually all the files are there.. it never said restoring.. but just updating... i think this is good.. now we need to get more on iphone browser to see what we got or edit our plist lets goo move move move

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

staep back or ill be forced to update!!...lol..but ill leave it up to u ppl..should i update?...all i got to do is press the button..??
    mod edit, old signature removed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonejeff View Post
    staep back or ill be forced to update!!...lol..but ill leave it up to u ppl..should i update?...all i got to do is press the button..??
    updating as i type...

Thanks

Good luck to both of you. Either of you unlocked or modded?

Thanks

anyone checkd apple's forum people are saying that their phone is still a virgin(never been hacked/modified)after installing the 1.1.1 that their having a problem with the sim not supported by at&t
    here's the link:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread....53448&tstart=0

Green Apple
    Thanks

i like being able to hear the phone, but i miss installer

My iPhone is a Part of Me LoringStudios's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow I missed a lot. Anyone unzip the new update file? Maybe we can pick and choose what to install and drop into ssh? ..im on my phone. But just a thought.
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

Thanks

LS i dont think u can unzip the update file.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Truckerbear's Avatar
    Thanks

“Apple has discovered that many of the unauthorized iPhone unlocking programs available on the Internet cause irreparable damage to the iPhone’s software, which will likely result in the modified iPhone becoming permanently inoperable when a future Apple-supplied iPhone software update is installed,”

I have a seriously hard time with that statement... Software doing hardware damage. How about it makes good use of the hardware that we supplied good money for.

I am seriously disliking how Apple has decided to punish the early adopters instead of letting things be. I know I killed my Warranty but its my phone let me do with it what I want.

Apple you knew this was going to happen. You knew people were going to write programs with a phone that has OSX on it!

Do the right thing and let people be. Develop software to detect the hacked phones and send us packing. Disabling people just makes them mad!

Come on Apple do the right thing.
    8 gig iPhone Edge 2G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using bootneuter and blackra1n.
    8 gig iPhone 3G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using Whited00r CFW
    16 gig iPhone 3GS (new bootrom): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/limera1n.
    16 gig Wifi iPad first day iPad JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig Wifi/3G iPad first day iPad UNLKD/JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig iPhone 4(first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/greenpois0n
    Apps: 157 installed 25 developed.

Thanks

I was modded... update erased all my mods but did not restore so that was nice.

It appears that the video is not sent through the headphone jack. Looks like 30-pin connector it is.