Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: 1.1.1 Releasedis a discussion within the
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
Originally Posted by poetic_folly Apple won't change their API at all. They don't want to rewrite all of their OWN apps to work with their own phone. If anything, some...
09-27-2007, 04:20 PM #201
Again, I see NOTHING compelling that changed. Maybe if the SMS finally presents a real link to the browser when someone sent you an MMS (instead of the address of viewmymessage.com with a damn username/password) I would do it, until then, no...
Come on, how hard is it to parse those damn things Apple? Are you for real? No copy and paste, and no link, but a freakin' website to go to and username password for you to enter, but you have to find a piece of freakin' paper to write it down first. How dumbass is that....
09-27-2007, 04:21 PM #202
09-27-2007, 04:21 PM #203
mine is not unlocked, i have no hacks, not jailbroken, but i did use iringtoner and transfered 1 ringtone, will this ringtone be removed? or having that ringtone will it mess it up?
09-27-2007, 04:21 PM #204
Heres an Update on my situation for anyone else who is experiencing the same thing or is just a fan of my downfall :-)
1. I have a MODDED, not UNLOCKED 8GB iPhone.
2. Previous to the 1.1.1 firmware update, I had the latest firmware installed
3. I had INstaller.APP installed with custom apps, ringtones, etc..
4. After upgrading the firmware to 1.1.1 I got an invalid SIM Error
5. Have tried restoring from a previous restore point in iTunes, get the same error
6. Have tried restoring from an earlier iPhone Firmware file using the SHIFT+RESTORE method, get the same Invalid SIM Card error
7. Have uninstalled iTunes and well as the Apple Mobile Support App
8. Reinstalled the latest version of iTunes, tried both Restore methods and have gotten the same SIM Error
9. Have taken a SIM card from my other UNMODDED, UNLOCKED, 1.02 Firmware and put it in the phone getting this SIM Error, and get the same SIM Error
10. Watching My Cousin Vinny to reduce stress, Marissa Tomei = Therapy
09-27-2007, 04:22 PM #205
wow nate true already got the iphone to boot in verbose. that guy is seriously god
09-27-2007, 04:22 PM #206
09-27-2007, 04:22 PM #207
09-27-2007, 04:24 PM #208
09-27-2007, 04:25 PM #209
It looks like if those on AT&T with unlocked iPhones just run down to the store and get a new one.
09-27-2007, 04:25 PM #210
where did you read this about nate
09-27-2007, 04:26 PM #211
09-27-2007, 04:26 PM #212
09-27-2007, 04:26 PM #213E=mc^2+/-3db
09-27-2007, 04:27 PM #214
This thread has prompted me a new sig.Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s
09-27-2007, 04:28 PM #215
anyone know if nate is on MMI?
09-27-2007, 04:32 PM #216
Here is a DEV TEAM Update
Update 5:09PM: Brian was using an AT&T card that he used with his legit, locked iPhone, to try the activation. His iTunes says that the card is not valid for activation, probably because it has been already used once with another iPhone. We are investigating this, but we now are 100% for sure that previously-unlocked iPhones with upgraded firmwares will activate correctly with their original AT&T cards, as confirmed by Natetrue. This, however, leaves out every international user without an AT&T contract.
09-27-2007, 04:34 PM #217
How about he just a smart fella with a wealth of knowledge about Apple and computer apps? How quickly we label people Gods for these simplistic reasons!
Nate True yes someone that is smart and well ahead of most of the people on this board.
- I ungraded my phone when they said don't!
- I didn't read Nates blog.
- I gotta have the latest and greatest and have no patiance.
- Lets make it a Windoze iPhone.
- We don't realize that Apple heads are here reading this stuff too!
- I think I am God when I am not.
- This is tl;dr and I can't read.
- Where is the off button I can't find it?
- Apple whats Apple?
- I gotta get me and iPhone, more more more more!
Kids I tell ya!
09-27-2007, 04:34 PM #218
looks like AT&T cards don't even work now. Pull through for us Dev!
Last edited by DoerrFan; 09-27-2007 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Mess up
09-27-2007, 04:34 PM #219
Now if Apple had a sense of humour - they could have detected modded phones, and added the iMarvin application, so that everytime some ran a non-standard app, they had to acknowledge a pop-up such as
"I won't enjoy it."
"I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed."
"It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level."
"I've got this terrible pain down all the diodes on my left side..."
"Here, am I, brain the size of a planet, and you expect me to..."
That last is probably most appropriate for the phone, given the wallpaper.
Dear old Doug - did anyone else ever dedicate a book to their Macintosh, I wonder?
09-27-2007, 04:36 PM #220