Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Released

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Apple won't change their API at all. They don't want to rewrite all of their OWN apps to work with their own phone. If anything, some features will be ADDED, but not removed/changed. Not to worry.
    I wouldn't be so sure - they could have updated the apps as they were doing it. They may have different entry points to the calls - you never know. The reason Apple is not releasing an API at this point (I would imagine) is because this is a 1.0 product (even if it is called 1.1.1) and is in flux, and so is the API. There was a LOT of stuff in Mac OS X 10.0 that broke in 10.1 and 10.2 and apps needed to change, and API changes were made. I do not assume calls are NOT being removed or changed.

Again, I see NOTHING compelling that changed. Maybe if the SMS finally presents a real link to the browser when someone sent you an MMS (instead of the address of viewmymessage.com with a damn username/password) I would do it, until then, no...

Come on, how hard is it to parse those damn things Apple? Are you for real? No copy and paste, and no link, but a freakin' website to go to and username password for you to enter, but you have to find a piece of freakin' paper to write it down first. How dumbass is that....

Quote Originally Posted by bigpopparp View Post
    Is ATT replacing the SIM Cards? if you unlocked using the previousaly activated ATT Sim.???
    What are you smoking geez! That ain't gunna happen!

mine is not unlocked, i have no hacks, not jailbroken, but i did use iringtoner and transfered 1 ringtone, will this ringtone be removed? or having that ringtone will it mess it up?

Heres an Update on my situation for anyone else who is experiencing the same thing or is just a fan of my downfall :-)

1. I have a MODDED, not UNLOCKED 8GB iPhone.
    2. Previous to the 1.1.1 firmware update, I had the latest firmware installed
    3. I had INstaller.APP installed with custom apps, ringtones, etc..
    4. After upgrading the firmware to 1.1.1 I got an invalid SIM Error
    5. Have tried restoring from a previous restore point in iTunes, get the same error
    6. Have tried restoring from an earlier iPhone Firmware file using the SHIFT+RESTORE method, get the same Invalid SIM Card error
    7. Have uninstalled iTunes and well as the Apple Mobile Support App
    8. Reinstalled the latest version of iTunes, tried both Restore methods and have gotten the same SIM Error
    9. Have taken a SIM card from my other UNMODDED, UNLOCKED, 1.02 Firmware and put it in the phone getting this SIM Error, and get the same SIM Error
    10. Watching My Cousin Vinny to reduce stress, Marissa Tomei = Therapy

wow nate true already got the iphone to boot in verbose. that guy is seriously god

Quote Originally Posted by viewsonic21 View Post
    Sweet, I got a whole carton of those myself...
    Sorry Editwhiz that was not for you that was for another member. I hit reply and not quote.

I miss the ubb's!

Quote Originally Posted by editwizard View Post
    What would be real fun would be a Zune running OS X. Then we could apptapp it and run vmware fusion mobile, XP at which point the Zune would simply implode.
    Wouldn't that, like, tear a hole in the universe?
    E=mc^2+/-3db

Quote Originally Posted by Conquest3.0 View Post
    Heres an Update on my situation for anyone else who is experiencing the same thing or is just a fan of my downfall :-)

1. I have a MODDED, not UNLOCKED 8GB iPhone.
    2. Previous to the 1.1.1 firmware update, I had the latest firmware installed
    3. I had INstaller.APP installed with custom apps, ringtones, etc..
    4. After upgrading the firmware to 1.1.1 I got an invalid SIM Error
    5. Have tried restoring from a previous restore point in iTunes, get the same error
    6. Have tried restoring from an earlier iPhone Firmware file using the SHIFT+RESTORE method, get the same Invalid SIM Card error
    7. Have uninstalled iTunes and well as the Apple Mobile Support App
    8. Reinstalled the latest version of iTunes, tried both Restore methods and have gotten the same SIM Error
    9. Have taken a SIM card from my other UNMODDED, UNLOCKED, 1.02 Firmware and put it in the phone getting this SIM Error, and get the same SIM Error
    10. Watching My Cousin Vinny to reduce stress, Marissa Tomei = Therapy
    Just updated my modified (not unlocked iphone) and I'm not getting that sim card error. It went fine. I had everything you had on there. I made sure it was the exact same... Not sure why you are having that problem...But the patch for everyone else should fix your problem. Just wait on Dev Team

Thanks

It looks like if those on AT&T with unlocked iPhones just run down to the store and get a new one.

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

where did you read this about nate

Quote Originally Posted by ebernet View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure - they could have updated the apps as they were doing it. They may have different entry points to the calls - you never know. The reason Apple is not releasing an API at this point (I would imagine) is because this is a 1.0 product (even if it is called 1.1.1) and is in flux, and so is the API. There was a LOT of stuff in Mac OS X 10.0 that broke in 10.1 and 10.2 and apps needed to change, and API changes were made. I do not assume calls are NOT being removed or changed.

Again, I see NOTHING compelling that changed. Maybe if the SMS finally presents a real link to the browser when someone sent you an MMS (instead of the address of viewmymessage.com with a damn username/password) I would do it, until then, no...

Come on, how hard is it to parse those damn things Apple? Are you for real? No copy and paste, and no link, but a freakin' website to go to and username password for you to enter, but you have to find a piece of freakin' paper to write it down first. How dumbass is that....
    I completely agree with this sediment its prehistoric to be doing it this way with MMS. I swap my SIM just to beable to see them. Which means I have to have people send again!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
    here http://cre.ations.net/blog

Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
    http://cre.ations.net/blog
    E=mc^2+/-3db

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

This thread has prompted me a new sig.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

anyone know if nate is on MMI?

Here is a DEV TEAM Update

Update 5:09PM: Brian was using an AT&T card that he used with his legit, locked iPhone, to try the activation. His iTunes says that the card is not valid for activation, probably because it has been already used once with another iPhone. We are investigating this, but we now are 100% for sure that previously-unlocked iPhones with upgraded firmwares will activate correctly with their original AT&T cards, as confirmed by Natetrue. This, however, leaves out every international user without an AT&T contract.

Quote Originally Posted by xc00lxkidx View Post
    wow nate true already got the iphone to boot in verbose. that guy is seriously god
    He is God because he got it to boot verbosely? Gee if he takes a crap does that mean its golden?

How about he just a smart fella with a wealth of knowledge about Apple and computer apps? How quickly we label people Gods for these simplistic reasons!

Nate True yes someone that is smart and well ahead of most of the people on this board.

• I ungraded my phone when they said don't!
    • I didn't read Nates blog.
    • I gotta have the latest and greatest and have no patiance.
    • Lets make it a Windoze iPhone.
    • We don't realize that Apple heads are here reading this stuff too!
    • I think I am God when I am not.
    • This is tl;dr and I can't read.
    • Where is the off button I can't find it?
    • Apple whats Apple?
    • I gotta get me and iPhone, more more more more!

Kids I tell ya!

Thanks

looks like AT&T cards don't even work now. Pull through for us Dev!
    Last edited by DoerrFan; 09-27-2007 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Mess up

Now if Apple had a sense of humour - they could have detected modded phones, and added the iMarvin application, so that everytime some ran a non-standard app, they had to acknowledge a pop-up such as

"I won't enjoy it."
    "I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed."
    "It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level."
    "I've got this terrible pain down all the diodes on my left side..."
    "Here, am I, brain the size of a planet, and you expect me to..."

That last is probably most appropriate for the phone, given the wallpaper.

Dear old Doug - did anyone else ever dedicate a book to their Macintosh, I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    This thread has prompted me a new sig.
    W00T! Me too!

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast