Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Released

Quote Originally Posted by xxjoebreadxx View Post
    Yes, but can you deal with your phone asking you if you are sure you want to make a call?
    um, it does anytime I click on a phone link

Is ATT replacing the SIM Cards? if you unlocked using the previousaly activated ATT Sim.???

Guess you didn't read this..

http://cre.ations.net/blog

Quote Originally Posted by xc00lxkidx View Post
    I have vista and i love it. idk why it gets all this crap from people. i had no problem updating and all my drivers work just fine. my laptop runs faster than when it was running xp tablet edition. idk maybe i just got lucky?
    Well, at least when applying the 1.1.1 update vista mobile would've said:

"are you sure you'd like to brick your iPhone?"

Question 1.1.1 firmware and Independance 1.2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post

Firmware 1.1.1 was released today. Features include:

iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store
    Louder speakerphone and receiver volume
    Home Button double-click shortcut to phone favorites or music controls
    Space bar double-tap shortcut to intelligently insert period and space
    Mail attachments are viewable in portrait and landscape
    Stocks and cities in Stocks and Weather can be re-ordered
    Apple Bluetooth Headset battery status in the Status Bar
    Support for TV Out
    Preference to turn off EDGE/GPRS when roaming internationally
    New Passcode lock time intervals
    Adjustable alert volume

If you are the owner of an unlocked iPhone, DO NOT UPDATE until we have a viable solution for either relocking and then unlocking after the update, or doing the update without bricking your iPhone. Updating an unlocked iPhone currently WILL BRICK your iPhone.

The Basics:
    • If you have an unlocked phone, but are using AT&T, updating will NOT brick your iPhone, but you will have to get a new SIM card, as the iPhone will display an incorrect SIM message.
    • If you have an unlocked iPhone, and are running a carrier OTHER than AT&T, updating will NOT brick your iPhone, but it WILL relock your iPhone, and no existing methods will unlock again, so DON'T UPDATE YET.
    • If you have an iPhone LOCKED TO AT&T still, updating your iPhone will work fine. If you have installed 3rd party apps, they will be gone, and no existing methods will reinstall them.
    • No, the developers of the software modding apps have NOT updated their apps within the past 2 hours. When they do you will be notified with a new News story.
    PF just unpacked a brand new 8GB Itunes did an obligatory update/restore putting the iphone in restore mode now shows a nice picture o f ITUNES and the USB Cable with an arrow meaning connect to ITUNES no more yellow traingle warning symbol.
    Connect to Macbook / killed Itunes and ITuneshelper fired independance
    tabs are inactive waited for a while phone went back to activate your phone screen. Hence ind.1.2.1 is not reading.

we should just ditch using mac os x on our phones and make our own windows vista mobile. wouldnt that be a kick in the face for both apple and microsoft?
    Ya just what we need, more microshit propagating devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Conquest3.0 View Post
    I jailbroke the phone then used Installer.APP to put everything on there..

But I never unlocked, downloaded any unlocked application or anything close it on my phone.

So this is not an error that only Unlocked phones are getting, its an error that application modded phones are getting as well.
    Wow...This is the first I have heard of that. I'll try my other phone and see if that happens. My first phone was unlocked. My other is not. I'll let you know how that goes.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elfribo View Post
    PF just unpacked a brand new 8GB Itunes did an obligatory update/restore putting the iphone in restore mode now shows a nice picture o f ITUNES and the USB Cable with an arrow meaning connect to ITUNES no more yellow traingle warning symbol.
    Connect to Macbook / killed Itunes and ITuneshelper fired independance
    tabs are inactive waited for a while phone went back to activate your phone screen. Hence ind.1.2.1 is not reading.
    Thanks. That was expected, but now confirmed. No existing apps work with 1.1.1.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

theres a new itunes as well.?

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Thanks. That was expected, but now confirmed. No existing apps work with 1.1.1.
    Looks like Apple did its homework on this update - and this also confirms that they aren't so 3rd party neutral as we'd hoped.

edit.
    Last edited by Truckerbear; 09-27-2007 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

we should just ditch using mac os x on our phones and make our own windows vista mobile. wouldnt that be a kick in the face for both apple and microsoft?
    Why not go for Zune while you're at it - somebody must like it?

most of these posts sound like crying

Quote Originally Posted by Truckerbear View Post
    What are you smoking? Geez.
    Who me?
    I'm smoking a nice pack of 'I haven't jumped off the cliff along with all the poor little lemmings that didn't heed PF's warning and my iPhone still works right now thank you very much'.

They have a nice aroma and low tar as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZARuZ View Post
    theres a new itunes as well.?
    7.4.3 - installing now...
    E=mc^2+/-3db

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by editwizard View Post
    Looks like Apple did its homework on this update - and this also confirms that they aren't so 3rd party neutral as we'd hoped.
    Nah, not really. Each update has broken support for it. If they were AGAINST it, they would make it unable to be done. The apps just need to be re-written to function with the new layout of the firmware, and then they will be fine. And if you notice, they also did NOT brick the unlocked iPhones as they said they "may", they just relocked them. No one is requiring Apple to rewrite their software updating methods, although it WOULD be nice. Just not bricking the phone's is enough.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Who me?
    I'm smoking a nice pack of 'I haven't jumped off the cliff along with all the poor little lemmings that didn't heed PF's warning and my iPhone still works right now thank you very much'.

Sweet, I got a whole carton of those myself...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to viewsonic21 For This Useful Post:

mikef (09-27-2007)

Who me?

lol, i might have to start smoking if they are making those now ^_^

Thanks

Not a chance im getting the new iTunes, at least not until my phone is back up and running

Quote Originally Posted by SponPlague View Post
    Why not go for Zune while you're at it - somebody must like it?
    What would be real fun would be a Zune running OS X. Then we could apptapp it and run vmware fusion mobile, XP at which point the Zune would simply implode.

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast