Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
07-27-2010, 06:16 PM #1
iOS 4.1 Beta 2 Released To Developers
It appears that Apple has decided to push beta number two, not even 2 weeks after Beta 1, for iOS 4.1 to developers.
As usual, we will update this thread once we can dig deeper and see what is new.
Update: It has been noted that this version includes the Game Center app, allowing developers to begin testing. Rumor also has it that proximity issues have been fixed, although this is yet to be confirmed. The newest update also contains a new baseband update (AT&T 7.1), which appears to correct HSUPA upload speed issues, although it has been noted that the baseband seems "different" or "weird" from the devs.
If you have any other changes you've spotted, please let us know.
Obviously you should stay away from this if you are jailbroken.
07-27-2010, 06:19 PM #2
can't wait to see what its about
The Following User Says Thank You to bbenson94 For This Useful Post:
07-27-2010, 06:20 PM #3
Downloading it now. A little on the slow side
07-27-2010, 06:21 PM #4
Interesting, Apple may be gearing up 4.1 as a major update. We've already got 4.01
07-27-2010, 06:23 PM #5
- Join Date
- Aug 2009
- Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
this better address the proximity sensor cause I'm tired of calling Guam from my pocket or choosing a new ring tone when I'm on a call.
07-27-2010, 06:23 PM #6
almost there, hopefully more new features
07-27-2010, 06:24 PM #7
Wow this is nice i hope this software fix the proximity sensor problem
07-27-2010, 06:27 PM #8
07-27-2010, 06:29 PM #9
I hope the sensors get fix
07-27-2010, 06:31 PM #10
I am running the first Beta of 4.1 and discovered that I no longer can assign custom ringtones to individual contacts. For those of you who are running beta 2, does it bring back custom ringtones?
07-27-2010, 06:33 PM #11
Aside from all the promised fixes, I really wonder how this will affect the current Jailbreak progression. Will the JB be updated so it will function under iOS4.1, or will we have to rely on iOS4/4.01?
Regardless of the JB progress, bring on the update, i need some fixes!
07-27-2010, 06:41 PM #12
I want a jailbreak im not really concerned about updates at this time.
07-27-2010, 06:42 PM #13
I'm pretty sure Comex's Jailbreak will be fixed on 4.1 regardless of whether he releases it before 4.1 comes out. They already know how to fix his style of Jailbreak. This is probably why he stated that hes not waiting for 4.1 to release the break. Either way he needs to hurry up
Last edited by seh6183; 07-27-2010 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
07-27-2010, 06:44 PM #14
07-27-2010, 06:45 PM #15
Hopefully they hurry with tha jailbreak
07-27-2010, 06:45 PM #16
I think I'll take the plunge and update to 4.0.1 to save those blobs as well. Already saved 4.0. Just to be safe.
07-27-2010, 06:48 PM #17
The Following User Says Thank You to PWNsyst3m For This Useful Post:
07-27-2010, 06:50 PM #18
Last edited by seh6183; 07-27-2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
07-27-2010, 06:51 PM #19
I'm not going to update from 4.0 until JB is released. just in case the JB is only for 4.0 and I won't be able to downgrade. I've learned my lesson with previous updates.
07-27-2010, 06:56 PM #20