+ Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.1 Beta 2 Released To Developers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by allicatmeow i'm sorry? maybe you should research before you make ridiculous statements. Dev-Team Blog comex (comex) on Twitter Which statement did I make that was ridiculous? Was
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allicatmeow View Post
    i'm sorry? maybe you should research before you make ridiculous statements.

Dev-Team Blog
    comex (comex) on Twitter

Which statement did I make that was ridiculous? Was it when I said the "dev team" was going to release a jailbreak? Or was that you?

iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    Which statement did I make that was ridiculous? Was it when I said the "dev team" was going to release a jailbreak? Or was that you?
    when you started giving wait times of "a few days." nowhere has the team said that at all and you are just starting rumors. in fact, i quote comex, "FWIW, I am not planning on waiting for Sunday if it's ready before then; nor am I releasing on Sunday if it's not ready by then."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazyarab1088 View Post
    iOS 4.1 Beta 2 and SDK

Update 1 : All iDevice unlockers MUST stay away from iOS 4.1 BETA 2 if they want to keep their unlock!
    Update 2 : iOS 4 beta 2 Change Log :

* Signal Bars fixed and taller.
    * New Baseband (02.07.01).
    * Game Center is back with new look .
    * Camera Switch and Flash buttons reposition in landscape mode [iPhone 4 only].
    * You can now choose to add Favorite as voice or FaceTime.
    * Spell Check can be turned off in Settings.
    * FaceTime and Game Center Parental Controls.
    * Full Bluetooth AVRCP Support
    Is this going to be another adjustment or what? Apart from 4.0.1 I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    I hope they fix the prox sensor issue, I'm having oddities with my texts shown up in the window about an inch above where they should be, safari has a bug where it doesn't go back on page but back to something like a day previous. I don't know if I'm the only ones having these weird bugs but it's kind of annoying to have texts display wrong and safari do weird **** when you go back one page. That's all the bugs I can remember right now and I hope they get fixed.
    Jobs mentioned that they "are tracking problems with the proximity sensor" and that it will be addressed in the next update.

when you started giving wait times of "a few days." nowhere has the team said that at all and you are just starting rumors. in fact, i quote comex, "FWIW, I am not planning on waiting for Sunday if it's ready before then; nor am I releasing on Sunday if it's not ready by then."
    Was that a quote from Comex or the Dev Team? Now you're confusing me...
    Last edited by seh6183; 07-27-2010 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm sorry you haven't been keeping up
    I'm sorry you're making things up. No one but you has stated that. Please stop doing that because there are people on here that don't read either and they'll get the false impression/hope that what you say is true. It'll be out when it's out, no speculation will make it faster.

Thanks

Comex said that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok from wha can see so far Beta 2 is pretty much the same as the 1st 4.1 Still looking around. I can say that the Game center is on... Ill post more when I tinker a bit... Time to get some eats... The download took me over and hour...

As for the proximity sensor... I cannot verify a fix yet also mine does not have this issue... I will say this as with the 1st 4.1 the baseband is different so when this puppy becomes available on iTunes do not update if you wish to unlock... Of course by then you should be able to walk into ATT and get your Phone unlocked... (lets hope for the US customers)

Thanks

Default Woops
    Is game center in Beta 2?
    Sorry didn't read the post above ^
    Last edited by Flybeast0408; 07-27-2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Didn't read the post above

Thanks

I'm sorry you're making things up. No one but you has stated that. Please stop doing that because there are people on here that don't read either and they'll get the false impression/hope that what you say is true. It'll be out when it's out, no speculation will make it faster.
    Sorry you don't pay attention to detail.

Thanks

the dev team makes plenty of reference to comex on their blog. i'm not quite sure why this is so hard for you to understand, or why you enjoy being condescending about such a simple topic as not setting dates/times on a release unless you're working on a jailbreak yourself.

i mean, if you are, everyone here would love to hear about it.

+1
    Last edited by allicatmeow; 07-27-2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Jobs mentioned that they "are tracking problems with the proximity sensor" and that it will be addressed in the next update.
    I know, but that doesn't mean it'll be fixed for good. I doubt it will be completely solved.

in fact, i quote comex, "FWIW, I am not planning on waiting for Sunday if it's ready before then; nor am I releasing on Sunday if it's not ready by then."
    Really? You missed that? Comex has repeatedly stated that a release will come when it's done. No one has said anything about a release date but you.

Sorry you don't pay attention to detail.
    What are you talking about? No one has set a time table on a release and nobody has said anything about it being released soo but you.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 07-27-2010 at 06:54 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok...the Proximity sensor is addressed in the iOS 4.1 beta 2 build 8B509... As promised Ill report more later once I get some Red Robin...Yummmm

Thanks

the dev team makes plenty of reference to comex on their blog. i'm not quite sure why this is so hard for you to understand, or why you enjoy being condescending about such a simple topic as not setting dates/times on a release unless you're working on a jailbreak yourself.

i mean, if you are, everyone here would love to hear about it.

+1
    I know, but that doesn't mean it'll be fixed for good. I doubt it will be completely solved.

Really? You missed that? Comex has repeatedly stated that a release will come when it's done. No one has said anything about a release date but you.

It's obvious that I have read something that you guys have not. Or maybe I'm just psychic?

Thanks

It's obvious that I have read something that you guys have not. Or maybe I'm just psychic?
    maybe you should link to it instead of making false claims.

Thanks

Maybe you're just wrong. There is no release timeframe. Stop spreading that.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

allicatmeow (07-27-2010), ronfin44 (07-27-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a HUGE jump in an OS update. I mean c'mon 4.0.1 and now straight up 4.1? This update is guaranteed to have a baseband update and will be a major update as previously mentioned.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Yet again, the jailbreak speculation yo-yo's hijack another thread.... Seh6183, go Sign up for twitter and add the users Comex, Planetbeing and Musclenerd and read their update's that they post on a daily basis.....

Moving on and getting back to the thread topic, that sounds like a great idea. I'm looking forward to see a full breakdown of what's in this new beta.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilbourn For This Useful Post:

andygev35 (07-28-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Ok...the Proximity sensor is addressed in the iOS 4.1 beta 2 build 8B509... As promised Ill report more later once I get some Red Robin...Yummmm
    I'm still waiting for Red Robin to come down to Miami, Florida. Damn you... You made me hungry... . Lmao Jerk. Jk.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Halten77 For This Useful Post:

KartRacer (07-27-2010)

Thanks

Other than the few problems I mentioned earlier this firmware straight out of the box is pretty rock solid. I've not had any really big problems other than the prox sensor issue. Very impressed with 40 and 4.0.1 They are getting better with their initial firmware releases. Hopefully this update won't make it slower like the latest Plants vs Zombies update did. Totally killed that game, so sloooooww.

Thanks

What's this game center thing all about?

Thanks

when the jailbreak comes out before 4.1 i'm going to reach through my computer screen and punch you in the face. And then laugh at you. And kartracer and kitty boy.
    qft.

btw, you mean kitty girl.
    Last edited by allicatmeow; 07-27-2010 at 07:15 PM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allicatmeow For This Useful Post:

g12007 (07-27-2010), jaykain (07-27-2010)