+ Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EFF Prevails Over Apple in Jailbreak Showdown

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Thank you all(EFF,Rock,Cydia,Planetbeing,Saurik,Skype,Mozill a and all others ) for uniting your one vote to fight against the Apple's unfair laws, great work and keep up the good job . You
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you all(EFF,Rock,Cydia,Planetbeing,Saurik,Skype,Mozill a and all others ) for uniting your one vote to fight against the Apple's unfair laws, great work and keep up the good job . You are great and your applications are far much better and can provide the iPhone user with a customized device according to his individual and personal needs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does this mean AT&T will unlock my iPhone my contract ends wensday

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by romeoz View Post
    This coming from a little kid with patrick swayze on his signature.
    man you really got me there. and this is coming from someone who just posts in multiple threads to release a jailbreak.
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That away to stick it to Jobby (Jobs)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tunerfreak View Post
    i don't understand how people can think that jailbreaking your phone wouldn't void warranty, no company warranty's anything that has not been tested by them. take a car warranty for example if you do any sort of modification to it and that part causes something to fail or not work properly they will obviously not honor the warranty for said broken part. It is common sense!!
    bad example...If i take my programmer and retune my truck for towing i have modded my software. If my alternator goes out then the dealership will fix it. If i axle falls off due to a defect they will replace it...none of the repairs would be effected by me reprogramming my computer.

when people want the fix their iphone it is due to a hardware problem...not software. how is a iphone being used to play a none apple game going to hurt the memory or lcd on the phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heineken974 View Post
    Does this mean AT&T will unlock my iPhone my contract ends wensday
    No. All this ruling means is you're allowed to circumvent security measures to unlock your phone. Meaning you can jailbreak and use ultrasn0w and it's perfectly legal.

Apple & ATT are not required to unlock your iPhone once out of contract.

There is a class action lawsuit going on which may result with ATT & Apple being forced to unlock iPhones not on contract though. It will be a year or more before anything happens with the lawsuit though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree hommie.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaynz View Post
    The whole "voiding the warranty" thing is a load of garbage. If you want to return your phone, just restore it with the latest version of the OS. If it's bricked, it's not like they'll be checking if it's JB'n or not. No worries.
    Exactly what I was saying. If it's bricked how do you think they are going to magically fix it? I doubt they have they tools the jailbreak community does either way.

Thanks

Guys, guys. They CAN get in the phone. They invented/designed it, they HAVE the tools. I've seen them go into my phone and look at its history of use (including my jailbreaking it). They didn't make a big deal out of it, but they knew what I had done (I had restored it back). As for a bricked phone, it may be bricked to us, but certainly not to them. Let's not get carried away here with hubris.

As for warranty, you are not going to win that battle if they refuse to honor it. And no court case is going to make them. So, use common sense, and know that if you jb, you run a financial risk. Deal with it. Take responsibility for it. Because it is about you and your actions. Own them.
    Senior

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i dont think it really matters

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

please can somone advise as to why my 3GS cant be jailbroke,its strange model 8gb running firmware 05.13.04

Thanks

^ it can, and 05.13.04 isn't a firmware

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Iguess as your message dates way back to july last year well now 2010 and yes its a modern firware 05.13.04, as its partm used by iphone 4 also the ipad

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Question: Just because its legal to jailbreak your phone do you think that your cellphone provider will continue to have the rules that if you jailbreak you lose your warranty?
    and not sure if this was asked, didnt feel like reading 8 pages.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There has been some mistake I would never type eight pages, did ask if the 3GS 05.13.04 could be jailbroke , as got ripped off buying software from company called iphoneworldwideunlockers.com. They granteeded a working JB for I4 3gs but when i paid up they had suspended the link down load, so If you are well established spread the word about iphoneworldwideunlockers.com,,, Scammers , wont even respond to my Emails, it was only 19 euro but its the fact other people can get ripped off. As to the carrier question why should they care once the monthly bill is paid and once the contract is over well the ball in in the customers court, if you buy a Car than you should have no issues with what things you add to it , its your property so why should Apple think they can still control your phone when its been paid for. Kennethj
    Last edited by kennethj; 08-01-2010 at 10:09 AM. Reason: missing main answer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kennethj View Post
    Iguess as your message dates way back to july last year well now 2010 and yes its a modern firware 05.13.04, as its partm used by iphone 4 also the ipad
    Are you high? I know I am! Firmwares range from like 2.0, er something to 4.0.1 (current). Your Settings>Gen>About says MODEM firmware (not modern) also referred to in the iWorld as the modem's baseband. You should be referring to the # beside Version for firmware. like i'm on a 3g running OS 3.1.3, baseband ver. 04.26.08. We are at the end of a thread so, i dont think many people saw lol

btw, July last year was his MMi join date. post date is top left of post.

OK, lets try this, IRONING (searching) nope, HOUSE WORK (searching) nothing , LAUNDRY (searching) zip ,So much for the slogan "THERE IS AN APP FOR THAT"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Awesome job guys keep up the good work pce

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    Question: Just because its legal to jailbreak your phone do you think that your cellphone provider will continue to have the rules that if you jailbreak you lose your warranty?
    and not sure if this was asked, didnt feel like reading 8 pages.

Thanks
    The warranty is with Apple, not your provider.
    Senior

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mastaryan View Post
    So those that modified their XBox 360 to expand their hard drive are allowed to have their XBox Live Accounts turned back on?
    That has nothing to do with copyright circumvention.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Has this really changed anything? Apple will still void your warranty if your jb your iDevice and you can restore to get rid of the jailbreak... so really.. it hasn't changed anything. :L
    What's the Number 1 iPhone 4 App Download.. A Public Phone Box Locator