+ Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EFF Prevails Over Apple in Jailbreak Showdown

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by billmilo This is a great win for all of us. Not only does this remove jailbreaking from the gray area of the law but it removes the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billmilo View Post
    This is a great win for all of us. Not only does this remove jailbreaking from the gray area of the law but it removes the suspicion by many regulars users about jailbreaking.

Next time the blond chick in my class asks me about jailbreaking I will be able to tell her: it is fully legal and permitted by federal law.

That may push her to JB her phone thus increasing demand for JB apps and JB software. With demand comes more availbility

And moves you a little closer to her panties!

Thanks

Man, this just isn't Apples month is it? Lovin' It!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Apple (a "jealous and arbitrary feudal lord," according to the EFF)...

LOVE IT!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    shut up. besides this moron this is great.
    This coming from a little kid with patrick swayze on his signature.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thinknoffcenter View Post
    Man, this just isn't Apples month is it? Lovin' It!!!!
    Not just Apple. This is bigger than just them. All phone makers are effected.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

woooooohoooooooooo jay rock on

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

^ what is jay rock?

Green Apple
    Thanks

How much you want to bet that Apple is going to appeal the decision?

straight from brooklyn better know as crooklyn (crooklyn dodgers)
    Thanks

Release the hulk/beast... Apptap a.k.a installer was born or introduce in 2007 June first time jailbreak/unlock was known to takeover the iPhone... The legacy continues cydia took over then....

Thanks

I don't believe this is appealable And it applies to all phones, not just Apple's. It actually rectifies/clarifies earlier law that said a phone must be able to work on all carriers. Doesn't really address theming, but since a jb allows you to do that as well as place any app you wish on your phone, I'll take it.

Now, they may fight over the iPad, since it is not a phone. Dangerous, though, as all computers are open to user adjustments. I can put whatever I want on my Mac, app or theme or overclock it or put Windows on it. Why not with an iPad, which is basically a mini-computer, NOT a phone. They would most likely lose that argument.
    Senior

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C-dub View Post
    And moves you a little closer to her panties!
    This is why we all do what we do.

High five? Anyone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

more like a ban for being a douche
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

13. The Following User Says Thank You to badass1469 For This Useful Post:

brbortscheller (07-26-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol everyone hates on apple, but they did create this device that everyone loves so much, so u gotta show alittle love back Good news though!

iPhone? More like MyPhone brbortscheller's Avatar
    Thanks

haha! in your face Steve! haha your just jealous that your software is way worse than Jay's! :-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brbortscheller View Post
    haha! in your face Steve! haha your just jealous that your software is way worse than Jay's! :-)
    Seriously??! Steve is laughing at this! Don't you think he knows that we don't even HAVE a jailbreak??? Hold off on your gloating and victory dances until we see if this problem-plagued jailbreak ever even gets released!!
    Last edited by TheOnlyest; 07-26-2010 at 10:08 PM.

Thanks

OMG it a double rainbow, sob sob sob, its so beautiful, a double rainbow.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i don't understand how people can think that jailbreaking your phone wouldn't void warranty, no company warranty's anything that has not been tested by them. take a car warranty for example if you do any sort of modification to it and that part causes something to fail or not work properly they will obviously not honor the warranty for said broken part. It is common sense!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In all fairness I think Steve should just """kickback!!!!"""
    We all pay top dollar for his products, so let us do what we want. You have how much $$$$ Steve?... exactly. If it wasn't for JB the iphone would be just another touch phone and Android would be the leader. As the looks of it Android is catching up each and everyday. Its so sad they want to restrict and stop the good stuff that makes the iPhone unbeatable!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic1213 View Post
    How is this going to work? Is AT&T or apple going to jb the devices? Or offer the software? Any details? Please let me know.
    Easy there, killer!

Look at the BIG picture.... I bet Steve is just sitting back in his easy chair waiting for this all to just unfold. With the upcoming "sweeping popularity" we are soon to experience from the other 92% and the fact that we're not having to hide under the imaginary blanket (lol) of the law (...er..rules) any more, we are going to be more compelled to spread the word of iFreedom to the ones who think their just sporting a cool / popular cell phone. Before you know it, our 8%'ll triple, quadruple even ...uh..whatever-ple [comes next]! They say, "The best hunter is the one who has the patience to wait for his prey to come to him!" It's only a matter of time before our numbers are big enough for Steve to deploy informants!

Next thing ya know, iOS5 SDKs are out. All Jobs has to do is wait for a promising JB, then find out from "his guy" exactly what exploit he needs to patch before the sudden release of the iOS (did someone just say 3.1.3? nevermind) that had a JB waiting for it. Ya know, it's sad to think of the dev's who couldn't sleep that night because they couldn't wait to u/l, to their repo., what they had spent so much time, working so hard on only to be >pooot<'ed on by, none other than, Apple/Jobs. ..And yes, Steve's halo is, in fact, held up by horns.

jk, guys
    let me make it....n00b's 2nd post.(That's me!)

btw, I have much love for all the devs that put their time and effort into turning something so complicated into a few buttons just so I can enjoy the bond that a man and his iPhone should have! ;-] If it wasn't for you, independent dev's, my phone would remind me of a massive theme park / zoo. ....thats closed 365 days a year. Thank You.

Stay tuned, when we come back, it's Jay vs. Steve in The Ultimate Scriptoff!

OK, lets try this, IRONING (searching) nope, HOUSE WORK (searching) nothing , LAUNDRY (searching) zip ,So much for the slogan "THERE IS AN APP FOR THAT"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tunerfreak View Post
    i don't understand how people can think that jailbreaking your phone wouldn't void warranty, no company warranty's anything that has not been tested by them. take a car warranty for example if you do any sort of modification to it and that part causes something to fail or not work properly they will obviously not honor the warranty for said broken part. It is common sense!!
    Why is it with a simple one click restore warranty is honored. If they really wanted to - couldn't they detect a JB?