+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Bringing Scarce iPhone 4 Supplies to 17 More Countries This Week

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you recently cringed at the thought of already scarcely limited iPhone 4 supplies reaching new international markets earlier this month... just wait. This Friday, July 30th, the iPhone 4
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Apple Bringing Scarce iPhone 4 Supplies to 17 More Countries This Week

If you recently cringed at the thought of already scarcely limited iPhone 4 supplies reaching new international markets earlier this month... just wait. This Friday, July 30th, the iPhone 4 will arrive in seventeen new countries. As a result, there's no shortage of Apple fans who think Apple continues to bite off more than it can possibly chew - particularly among those still waiting for a white version of the updated 4th gen Apple smartphone. Watching from the sidelines in disbelief as Cupertino brings the device to a bundle of additional countries this week, some are naturally very, very concerned about Apple's ability to maintain adequate supplies while hyping and clearly generating profound demand in so many new places.

In only four days, the iPhone 4 will arrive in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. Apple will make the product available to customers in those nations via the company's website, as well as Apple Authorized Resellers. As it stands, Apple is aggressively working toward its goal of making the iPhone 4 available in close to 90 countries around the world by the time fall arrives.

The iPhone 4 roll out trails the recent international arrival of the iPad in many of the same nations. Just last week, the iPad officially went on sale in Austria, Belgium, Hong Kong, Ireland, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand and Singapore. And even though the international attention is frustrating to many in the US who feel that this "American company" should satisfy demand at home first before taking their product abroad, the global marketplace continues to play an enormous role in Apple's growth and strong financial standing. And even though some are fearful that Apple's international push will further diminish supplies at home, the truth of the matter is that supplies will be severely constrained everywhere the iPhone 4 is available.

The Street

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

obara824 (07-26-2010), reaves205 (07-26-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone xerray's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you serious sn71295? Thats just sad man.

Thanks

Took them long enough, I'll be lining up at my local Rogers Store

Quote Originally Posted by sn71295 View Post
    First
    Thank you for your very helpfull post
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbit_ View Post
    Second
    Seroiusly? I get some people posting "first", but now "second"?
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bouzo's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm in Winnipeg. Just got off the phone with FIDO. They still have no info regarding launch, pricing, upgrade elgibility, etc. What a joke. I have an ol 3G. 2 years into my 3 year contract. Want to know what I can expect.

PS - any issues with death grip and I'm sorry to say but it's going back and I'll be looking at Android I guess.

Thanks

^ I think its only on Rogers at first

Green Apple
    Thanks

Bell and Telus have already announced it'll be in stores on the 30th (although my local Bell said they're only getting 14 phones). Rogers haven't come out and said anything yet, but I'm pretty sure since they're the lead carrier in Canada they'll have it. I really don't see why they wouldn't.

Thanks

wonder why they aren't offering it in South Korea? I guess they're trying to bundle the ipad and iphone 4 in an exclusivity contract for S. Korea.

Thanks

ya Rogers and Fido usually coincide with the iphone so I would expect the 30th. But as I said earlier, the week of already, and still no info?!?!

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Very very good news

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bouzo View Post
    I'm in Winnipeg. Just got off the phone with FIDO. They still have no info regarding launch, pricing, upgrade elgibility, etc. What a joke. I have an ol 3G. 2 years into my 3 year contract. Want to know what I can expect.

PS - any issues with death grip and I'm sorry to say but it's
    going back and I'll be looking at
    Android I guess.
    I will tell you what I have a dozen of other people that say the samething , don't buy the I4 you won't be happy , you will probably just complain , just get the X.

Thanks

The 'X'?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default And you thought there wasn't enough competition
    In Canada expect a bloodbath, not only do Rogers, FIDO, Bell & Telus sell the iPhone. Apple stores are going to be selling them unlocked and contract free too! Expect neighbours from the south on T-mobile coming over to get their contract free, factory unlocked iPhones too. I wonder who will be first in the supply lines, will it be the Apple store or the service providers!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

apple likes lower supply and higher demand. it means more hype, higher prices, and more profits

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Been calling Rogers they claim to have no info on a release date lol they say it is going to be realeased "sometime this month" no kidding he also said that they are going to have the white phone witch seems impossible I just got an email from best buy saying that it's gonna be available in store on the 30th on all 5 carriers, and btw the people that are coming from elsewhere be warned the phone sold in the apple store is not unlocked it's commitment free it is the same as going to Rogers or bell and just buying the phone at full price without a contract it will still be locked on the carrier that you choose inorder to get the iPhone 4 unlocked like to work on multiple gsm networks worldwide you must buy it on the apple online website then plug it in too iTunes for the unlock it's the same with the 3GS. It will be Avalible on the 30th and hopefully casses will just be bundled with the iPhone when purchased,let's hope they have enough!!!

Thanks

Bah! Still have to wait more for it to be released in South Africa - aaAaAaaRGh!

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn. Now iPhone supply is gonna be even more limited.

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Apple is being very secretive about the white Iphone Of course its going to be out on the 30th for the other countries, Apple plays games they play it smart but they are games with people. If Apple throws all these obstacles out there such as the antenna the white Iphone shortage, the case fix, and so on then Apple says o look we fixed it earlier than we thought or look we have the white Iphone just like we promised, this makes them look great in the eyes of those that aren't really watching Apple as a whole but just want there Phone to be white and work right. Sounds like this year is going to be busier than ever for Apple and 2011 is going to be a lets catchup year. I still hope they have time to release a better Ipad.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Funny
    This is funny... being released in Hong Kong. I've been to Hong Kong many times, and you could always find the hi-tech gadgets for sale before anywhere else gets them, just as long as you were willing to pay a premium that is. I guess that just means the underground price will go down now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

im in the U.S and im still waiting for mine. Backorder blows

Green Apple
    Thanks

is it just the color that everyone is waiting for the white iphone?