+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Continues to Quietly Bash Competitors and Bulk Up Antenna Page

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by h2a what would you like Apple to do? redesign the phone and have steve jobs hand deliver it to all previous iPhone 4 owners, for free? Yes,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    what would you like Apple to do? redesign the phone and have steve jobs hand deliver it to all previous iPhone 4 owners, for free?
    Yes, thats exactly what they should do!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xenthis For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (07-25-2010), BennyPR (07-26-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Apple's not understanding one thing. In order to cause the death grip on those other phones, you HAVE to hold it in an awkward way and hold it tightly. Now on the iPhone you can hold it in a normal way and not tightly and death grip is worse then ever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    What apple is trying to gain out of this?
    In my opinion is to drag this out for 11 more month and then Iphone 5 with the antenna fixed!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yhap2003 View Post
    that's because these idiots out there don't understand that all smartphones has this problem.
    it's funny how the people i talk to keep saying "o the iphone 4 has "so many" problem" and i tell them the rest of the smartphones are the same.
    The problem most people have is this, if you're going to live in a glass house don't throw stones. Is the problem overblown? Of course. But Apple is acting like a child and pointing fingers at everyone else saying:

'See! See! Everybody else has this too!'

They need to quit acting like children, stop this childish finger pointing and acknowledge the problem they have. It doesn't affect me but to completely deny that the design is at fault and blaming it on the end user is a very very stupid strategy. Add this finger pointing crap and they are getting te just drubbing in the press they deserve. Maybe, just maybe, Apple will realize what a totalitarian hypocrite they've become now that everyone see the emperor has no clothes.

I don't have this problem enough to annoy me, so I have no bias for or against this problem. I'm indifferent but I also know that it's a proven problem and Apple has done nothing to even acknowledge that it exists because of a design flaw, all they've done is childishly point fingers. The free cases are a step in the right direction, you still have the choice to return the phone, but they'd get more respect for just saying they know they screwed up. They deserve what they're getting.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-26-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

^ you are correct. But the other phone makers took the first jabs at apple. Though no one seems to remember that. Anyway this crap article is nothing short of it's writer. Blablabla. Can't wait till we have real news and not in the form of rumors like a lot of what has been written lately. MMI or MMI aka esquire. Lmao.

Thanks

that's because these idiots out there don't understand that all smartphones has this problem.
    it's funny how the people i talk to keep saying "o the iphone 4 has "so many" problem" and i tell them the rest of the smartphones are the same. Although there isn't "much" problem except the antenna. geezz!

I guess apple shouldn't be doing this even though they're trying to bring across a point.

Just because apple is soo popular everyone wants a piece of them and every "small" problem they have would seem like it's BIG....
    Then why do I not have this problem with my 3gs, and no I do not have this problem as I have took both hands and covered up my 3gs and it has 5 bars liked it did without touching it!

The problem is not with all Iphone 4 as I also have one and do not have the Death Grip problem! I have even moistened my fingers and cannot cause it to happen to mine! I think it is a assembly problem but most of all some Iphone 4 owners have this problem and are do their just!

Green Apple
    Thanks

They're not acting like children, they're pointing out that a discerning consumer shouldn't base their decision on whether to buy an iPhone4 on the deathgrip "issue". Nor should they base it on it's inability to operate underwater.

Banned
    Thanks

it's funny how the people i talk to keep saying "o the iphone 4 has "so many" problem" and i tell them the rest of the smartphones are the same. Although there isn't "much" problem except the antenna. geezz!

I guess apple shouldn't be doing this even though they're trying to bring across a point.

Just because apple is soo popular everyone wants a piece of them and every "small" problem they have would seem like it's BIG....
    So i guess apple did convince you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    I dont agree with the way that apple is going about this but it is def interesting to see other smartphones have this same problem. And i believe there is a problem and if palm my iphone 3gs covering the back on the bottom i can duplicate this same effect.
    Ditto..I don't get it.I went from a fabricated story to well there must be a problem.So i took off my trusty 3GS case and gripped my iPhone firmly and I'll be "Steve Jobbed" if I didn't go from 5 bars to none to Edge!So i do believe that all phones do it to some extent,but Apple should be above this as a Tech leader.I don't blame them for informing the world that other phones have this same issue.But you have to be subtle in your approach.Let others make the vids and blogs and the bad PR will be on them.Seems like now Apple is trying to deflect it off themselves.Own it..solve it and be the ring-leader and Apple can turn a NEG into a POS imho.
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

Thanks

Bah! I'm over it. I don't have an issue with my reception. Plus, I don't hold my phone in a way that my hand will come in contact with the "magic spot". Still an amazing device...and I get a free bumper. Yay. But all I want now is a JB and a 'Rebel Capsule M' type case from Switcheasy.

Green Apple
    Thanks

the only thing i wonder how is apple and all other smartphones going to try and solve this problem.

bumper is not really a solution.
    i guess we will see in the iphone 5

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaas75 View Post
    are serious!! the problem is just "the antenna" is like saying the problem with the car is just the motor, wheels, brakes...etc. (all vital parts of a car to properly drive)

im a fan of apple and love the iphone and all about it but the way apple is handling the issue is not the proper way.

just my 2 cents

jaas
    That would be like buying a new Chevy Truck, I like Chevy Trucks, and be going down the freeway at 70 mph and the engine quits!

You use On Star and call for help and they say its not a problem just wait 15 minutes and let the computer reset!

You do and it works! You go another 10 miles and the same thing happens and this keeps happening so don't you think that GM should replace the computer on the truck or would you just go 10 miles and wait 15 minutes then do it again?

If it is broke they need to fix it!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to area51crypto For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-26-2010)

Thanks

I am defiantly not an apple fanboy but I understand what apple is trying to say. This will explain everything and more I promise.
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    Messany,

Please quit writing for MDN.

Thanks.

+11tybillion
    I concur.

Thanks

Now everyone quit their bitcherin'

Thanks

I honesty dont believe anyone when they say "my iPhone 4 doesn't do it" that's bull$h!t...it's a physical design flaw, everyones phone was designed the same. You're phone does it too wether you want to admit it or not...stop lying.

I still love my iPhone 4 and wouldn't trade it for anything. But I'll admit the loss of reception is a major issue! All other phones need to be held intensionally retarded and forced into losing signal...when apple can post videos where you can set all the other phones down and put your finger tip on one spot of the phone and dead the signal, THEN I'll say "oohhh ok"...but we all know it won't happen...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-26-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qgshadow View Post
    Dude the spot where you put your finger and lose all your bars is a big problem, but not the death grip.
    Oh boy... Here we go again!

Kudos for you! Finally someone that understands the real issue, that it's only in the spot that your finger touches while holding it, and " death grip " is only a name dredged up by the media.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to flash66 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (07-25-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    I honesty dont believe anyone when they say "my iPhone 4 doesn't do it" that's bull$h!t...it's a physical design flaw, everyones phone was designed the same. You're phone does it too wether you want to admit it or not...stop lying.
    Mine does it here in SC because I live in a low signal area, but will not do it inside the metro area of Atlanta where my parents live. Even multiple tests using the speedtest app doesn't show any speed loss when holding it in any way and multiple phone calls show zero degradation in call quality. :/ I think it has a tremendous amount to do with signal strength of the area you're in and how many towers are close to you at that time. Just my testing not anything definitive.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

skj8100 (07-25-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BLADEofthePOPE View Post
    Bah! I'm over it. I don't have an issue with my reception. Plus, I don't hold my phone in a way that my hand will come in contact with the "magic spot". Still an amazing device...and I get a free bumper. Yay. But all I want now is a JB and a 'Rebel Capsule M' type case from Switcheasy.
    Wow..it took 30 posts this time for some beggar to reference a JB...congrats to you.

p.s....read a bit and follow this site and many others(twitter)..they ARE working on it..it will be here soon... stay informed and dont belittle yourself by begging!
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They're the only ones with something wrong with their phone. Steve Jobs knows it.