+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First iOS 4 vs. Windows 7 Browser Speed Test

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hate to sound like a fanboy (I'm more of an enthusiast), but I don't know ANYONE who is going to want one of these. Microsoft and RIM might as well
    Thanks

Hate to sound like a fanboy (I'm more of an enthusiast), but I don't know ANYONE who is going to want one of these. Microsoft and RIM might as well beg and plead with HTC and Apple for a cell phone branch merger, cause despite the popularity of the BlackBerry back in the day, those too haven't a chance. In today's mobile world, it's iOS, Android, or grandmother-compatible flip phone.

Thanks

I'm sorry but I think Microsoft is way too late getting into the smartphone OS business. Between Apple and Google we have everything we need. I completely encourage them for trying, competition is always good for the consumer BUT it's going to be hard for them to be competitive when 2 other giants have such a head start.

We'll have to wait and see come official release.

Quote Originally Posted by Agudan View Post
    so how's the jailbreak coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    In today's mobile world, it's iOS, Android, or grandmother-compatible flip phone.
    I couldn't have said it better myself
    Last edited by LastSonOfKrypton; 07-25-2010 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    I'm sorry but I think Microsoft is way too late getting into the smartphone OS business.
    While I'm gonna agree with you that Microsoft hasn't a chance in the mobile world anymore, they've been in the smartphone OS for far longer than Apple has. I mean, they're on the 7th revision of their mobile OS and they don't even update it every year; Apple's on their 4th. Apple just "does it right," as Steve would say.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm going to say that the only part of the world that the Windows phone doesn't have a chance in is the forums filled with apple fanboys, lol. At some point its not about the OS the phone runs, but more about the experience the consumer wants. If you prefer Zune over iTunes, well there you go, Or if you want to always stay connected with Xbox Live and possibly run some pretty amazing 3D games. We still haven't seen everything that the Win Phone has to offer and people already discount it, seems like someone already has their minds made up. Fanboy much?

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder if they cut out the part, where you get the blue screen of death !!!!

Thanks

Does it has a front facing Camera?... NO! I'll Stick With the iPhone 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I wonder how much was in the history for loading speeds? As history allows load afster and some pages came up very more than normal even with iphone 4

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm really excited about windows mobile 7. The demo videos look pretty nice. I would be happy to switch away from apple if I could find something with a better UI. (my 2.2 N1 just doesn't feel as smooth as iOS4)

Edit: looking at some of the other comments, I can assure you that MS is late, but not out. Business users will flock to it if the interface is good just because of how seemless it can be with MS's OS and other software. XBox Live integration has a TON of possibilities, and an unlimited download Zune account could make it killer for music lovers. Apps could be better and release faster, since you dont need a Mac just to write an App. MS is doing some really innovative things as well, heavily integrating social networking and streamlining the experience so it's not a bunch of opening and closing apps, but rather flowing seamlessly between different functions that are tied together. Just like MS was tied to their old OS, Apple now is stuck with how they designed theirs. Android just replicated it (with widgets). MS started from scratch with this UI after seeing what worked and what could be improved. I wouldn't be so quick to count them out.
    Last edited by z6joker9; 07-25-2010 at 01:44 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lets wait till the actual phone 7 series roll out before judging, this is still in beta and not even on a phone 7 series which require 1 gig processor. also it's not a update. no phone will be getting this unless it's a phone 7 series. no current phones will be eligible for a upgrade. the htc hd2 is the only current phone that could get the upgrade but M$ said no it doesn't meet specs. to many buttons.

Thanks

I agree with others. You can't tell a thing based on a test pitting an already released piece of hardware (and software) against a still yet fully baked software (running on minimal hardware that will never be released).

I would like to see WinPhone7 do well. Xbox 360, Office and Zune are nice additions and will give them a tiny bit of traction with those users. But a lot of the comments I keep seeing on other sites are based on how different the UI looks. Saying something is great simply because it is a totally different take on a mobile phone UI than most everything else that is out there is a little close minded. We still don't know how well this is going to work (or run) until it finally ships with a final version of the software running on up to par hardware based off of what is being sold by the competition.

I will wait until the end of the year before I decide for myself if this is a leap forward or the final death blow for Microsoft in the mobile phone industry.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skj8100 View Post
    Seriously????
    what kind of response do you think you will get asking that? I'm guessing not the one you're looking for....There are literally a hundred ways you could find out about jailbreak release info. This is not one of those hundred either.
    I know exactly what goes on in the board. I put that because there's been some really lame topics lately. I also put that because most of us here have been waiting patiently and just thought I would change the subject or piss someone off...... I guess it worked! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DEV-TEAM! we will continue to wait patiently
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 07-25-2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: uncalled for comment

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hmmm....... Let's see. Prerelease software on hardware no one has running this software months before it's available versus a four year mature platform running hardware that's already been out in another product........Which one do you think will be faster? I'm excited for WP7, competition only breeds better products.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

this kinda empty, misleading information. you can't compare different phones even if their specs appear kinda the same, because they use different processors and different hardware, especially if you're doing this over 3G. in my personal belief, samsung should stick with making their flashy LED TVs and stay away from computers and smartphones.

why don't they try a speedtest with the iphone 3G and the windows 7 phone or the original iphone and the windows 7 phone? or why don't you try two windows 7 phones that appear to have the same specs? I'm sure you'll get different results for every phone. All this says is that the iphone 3Gs with iOS4 is better than that samsung phone with windows 7 with respect to the browser

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

This article should not be given any credence what so ever. Come back around the holiday season when the OS is complete and then we will continue this discussion.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Microsoft Sucks! Again!
    Hahaha! This proves it! Microsoft just plain sucks in general! Microsoft never makes anything correctly! Apple wins again! I'll always be a Mac guy!
     Think Different.

Green Apple
    Thanks

" it's not the best news for Microsoft, which has been a day late and a dollar short since the beginning of the smartphone era"

Perhaps you meant "since the beginning of the iPhone era?" Since they were a major competitor to BB and Palm? Or did you guys forget about that?

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's a pretty poorly written article...

The test is done over 3G. That already throws the comparison out the window. THEN we can talk about the WP7 OS being in its beginning stages going against an OS with 4 years of progression.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

iphone looks way better and snappier

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    iphone looks way better and snappier

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree that apple has a better mobile os but i would rather use windows than snow leopard if i had to choose a computer os