Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T May Release Not-So-New Data Plans July 25th

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default AT&T May Release Not-So-New Data Plans July 25th

There are reports this weekend of AT&T preparing to roll out a rebundling of its wireless plans beginning tomorrow, July 25th. On the heels of Paul's report earlier that a Yankee Group survey indicates that 73% of iPhone users are actually very satisfied with AT&T's service, now comes word that the carrier will begin a big push of newly created data plans with which to entice both current and prospective customers.

As reported by Engadget, it appears AT&T's new marketing effort behind the new data plans will concentrate on text messaging. Of course, from the looks of things, it doesn't appear that the plans expected to arrive tomorrow will be greatly different from anything we've seen before. Instead, AT&T is widely expected to unveil smaller messaging plans and a new pay-per-use program that could be either very cheap or ridiculously expensive depending on the type of mobile user you are.

We've also confirmed that nothing at all should be changing (you can still add select messaging plans to PPU options) in terms of pricing -- it's mostly just reshuffling the furniture, if you know what we mean.
    Of course, AT&T isn't the only carrier tinkering with new data plans. It is believe that as early as this coming Thursday, Verizon will similarly release a new slate of more limited data plans. Multiple major media outlets have reported that Verizon is likely to follow suit with AT&T and effectively kill the unlimited data plan option.

Whatever AT&T has planned, however, the company is operating from a position of strength. On Thursday, the carrier announced strong quarterly earnings, noting that the exclusive US iPhone carrier activated 3.2 million Apple handsets in the last quarter alone. AT&T says its huge sales and iPhone activation came in at a rate of 10 times higher than that seen last year with the iPhone 3GS.

Engadget

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

aabdullah1979 (07-24-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

I pay $80 for unlimited everything now. (military discount rate). Wonder how this new rate will stack up.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    I pay $80 for unlimited everything now. (military discount rate). Wonder how this new rate will stack up.

$80 !! lucky you., I was paying about $140 for the same. now that my wife ported over from t-mobile, we are now paying $210 for two iPhones on a 1400min shared rate plan. still way too much.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Currently, the least expensive plan with one iphone is about $87 a month.
    This doesn't include text messaging and is only 450 minutes of talk time,
    but has unlimited data.
    Last edited by thevmax; 07-24-2010 at 11:19 AM.

I pay $230 for 3 iphone 4 unlimited everything.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gautam For This Useful Post:

aabdullah1979 (07-24-2010)

Thank god for dealer plans. I could really go for a $20 iPhone dealer plan on tmobile if their Internet was quicker

The new plan will be much cheaper then my current plan that I have. Old plan - $100 with company discount ( unlimited Data - 550 Minutes call - 1500 txt messaging ). New plan - $88 with company discount ( unlimited everything ). If AT&T does offer It I'm all over.
    Last edited by XFaega; 07-24-2010 at 11:30 AM.

I don't like how AT&T does business. There way too expensive, and they require a very expensive deposit.
    "The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

'Follow Me on Twitter@Markanthony3211' I always Follow Back.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

wow! those prices are insane!
    When I got my iPhone 3G I payed 30euros per month for 2years, and after 3Gs release, it was exactly the same!
    I now have 300min, 300texts and unlimited data for 30euros per month
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

Quote Originally Posted by Markanthony3211 View Post
    I don't like how AT&T does business. There way too expensive, and they require a very expensive deposit.

You should see the deposit Verizon wants if you have bad credit.

Luckily, the plan i have for myself is relatively cheap. Unilimited texting/data and 550 a month with roll over after taxes is 110 (welcome to California).

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    $80 !! lucky you., I was paying about $140 for the same. now that my wife ported over from t-mobile, we are now paying $210 for two iPhones on a 1400min shared rate plan. still way too much.
    i feel ya i have the same plan

Quote Originally Posted by Markanthony3211 View Post
    ive never had to pay a deposit ever

iPhone plans are expensive.

I hope you guys realize these prices are just the features bundled together. Take the 450 with the 15$ data plan and the unlimited text plan the prices are still 39.99 for the voice plan, 20 for the unlimited text and 15 for the 200mb data plan. They just bundled them together so they're easier to read. This will not changed anything price wise for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by tw1zt3d View Post
    You should see the deposit Verizon wants if you have bad credit.

Luckily, the plan i have for myself is relatively cheap. Unilimited texting/data and 550 a month with roll over after taxes is 110 (welcome to California).
    oh really, then why does at&t want $500 bucks from me and verizon only wanted $75? fyi my credit scores about a 610. I think at&t use the peoples want for an iphone to "justify" their redonkulous deposits. I also think it depends on where u live tho. when I lived in PA verizon wanted $400, but now that I live in DE they only wanted the $75 I mentioned above.

Thanks

$87 for the lowest iphone plan with taxes is nearly $100 this is too high. If just going by the members on this thread ATT must be doing a great job with service. I pay $56.16 per month on tmobile with 300 text and 300 minutes 5 Faves and unlimited Nightss Weekends. WiFi only no data plan. if the iphone went to Tmobile then it would be mandatory for me to add the data plan then I would have a choice to choose to be on ATT or continue on Tmobile when my 2 years is up. Hope the iphone stays with ATT.

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    Currently, the least expensive plan with one iphone is about $87 a month.
    This doesn't include text messaging and is only 450 minutes of talk time,
    but has unlimited data.
    This is not true man. Least expensive is 39.99 for 450 min, 5.00 for 200 texts and 15 for 200mb data...that comes out to 59.99 before taxes...not sure who does your math.
    "Don't hold it like that!"

I use my unlocked iphone with tmobile and pay $60 a month for 600 minutes and unlimited data and text...I would never switch to ATT because their prices are ridiculous (even $60 a month is too high in my opinion, how much does it seriously cost them to transmit my signal? It's a supply and demand thing...demand is huge so they can charge us whatever asinine prices they want, and we will pay) and I've heard their customer service blows, and as far as the edge/3G debate goes, edge has always worked fine for me, and if I have something big to download I will just find a wifi signal. Plus a lot of times my friends who have ATT get bumped to edge anyway when they aren't in a 3G coverage area...so not worth it to me. I'm sticking with tmobile.

Hardware: iPhone 3g
    Model: 16 Gig White
    Software: 3.1.2
    Baseband: 04.26.08
    Carrier: T-Mobile

Been paying like 82 USD on average for a plan with no text, 1000 min/mo and unlimited data. (started with the 450 voice plan with rollover, later called em to cancel my account saying the mins weren't enough and couldn't afford to pay more..they bumped me to the 1000 min plan for the same 39.99 price of the 450 min plan!!)

Thanks

Me and My girl are paying $150 for Unlim data/txt and 450 min for two Iphone's

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast