+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 94

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: AT&T May Release Not-So-New Data Plans July 25th

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The rich just keep getting richer. When people leave AT&T in droves, and one day they will, prices will return to normal.
...
  1. #61
    Mes
    Mes is offline
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,025
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 788 Times in 731 Posts

    The rich just keep getting richer. When people leave AT&T in droves, and one day they will, prices will return to normal.

  2. #62
    Pwner of Pwnage PWNsyst3m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    568
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 58 Times in 54 Posts

    Yes you can with sbsettings or you can turn cellular data off in settings on 4.0.

  3. #63
    iPhone? More like MyPhone hancoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Sorry you dislike me. But please know that I never forced ATT to give me any discount or any other company for that matter. Oh and just to add to your dislike in us we do what we do because we love our country. I've been in 21 yrs and make just over 55K, hold a MBA. Additionally I like many sit here trying to justify being away from our families for over 800 plus days being shot at. Now like alot I lay here praying I can move like I did before and become a positive workforce in our wonderful country. All awhile feeling a little like crap because of comments like yours. I mean did I do enough? Could I have done just one more tour for those that don't like me? Then a bit of anger comes, that is quickly overshadowed by a simple WOW. Perhaps we thru history and present day have made a difference. I mean this guy such as yourself can freely express himself without fear of death to what he says. So.... Thank you for showing me that our freedom still exhists.

    Respectfully
    Dennis
    Four years Navy here. I'm with Kuhndsn and adding to his string for support!
    Op Desert Shield/Storm. The country is not perfect, nor is the government or ANY person!
    Until you have picked up pieces of your friends and served, do not presume to know what is deserved or undeserved for servicemen...Most are dedicated, but like any large mass group, there are always exceptions.
    I despise civilians that stereotype military personnel based upon a highlighted news story...
    I shudder to consider what other groups you stereotype.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to hancoma For This Useful Post:

    kuhndsn (07-24-2010)

  5. #64
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    My nipples get hard just from reading this.

  6. #65
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    487
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    Currently, the least expensive plan with one iphone is about $87 a month.
    This doesn't include text messaging and is only 450 minutes of talk time,
    but has unlimited data.
    Uhh...what? I pay about $91 a month including taxes and I have the 450min plan, unlimited messaging(text, picture, video), and unlimited data(web and email) yet i'm still on the old iphone plan and i've been told anyone can request their account to be provisioned to keep this as long as they keep an iphone on it for the majority of each billing cycle and they activated under the old iphone data plan.

    can anyone comment on this and verify if this is true or not? i wouldn't be surprised if i checked my att account info next billing cycle and found that i'd been kicked down to the $25 datapro package instead.

    ---

    I won't bother quoting it but it needs to be voiced that we NEED to support our troops. Here is a quote I've heard that speaks to this. If you won't stand behind our troops then may God help you if you stand in front of them. It goes something like that.

    If they weren't in Afghanistan and Iraq fighting whomever claims death to america then those same terrorists would be over here doing a lot more damage than the few tragedies that have already occurred.

    Furthermore, the utmost respect should be given to those soldiers both US and allies of ours that have made the ultimate sacrifice so that we can live just a little bit safer.
    Last edited by alexevo; 07-24-2010 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to alexevo For This Useful Post:

    skj8100 (07-25-2010)

  8. #66
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE DUB View Post
    Oh please, our wonderful country is full of crap and racist. And really dislike millitary people thinking we civilians owe them anything. You dont deserve anything more than the rest of us, and for sure u dont deserve any respect. While you're overseas fighting for our "freedom" you are also abusing drugs, abusing prisoners, and hiring prostitutes using MY tax dollars! And call it "recreational expenses" bah!!

    Enjoy your undeserved discount!
    whooo!! lol exactly.

  9. #67
    Green Apple jvallesteros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    I pay an average of $190 monthly. 5 lines. Family unlimited text. 700 minutes (only 2 lines use most of the minutes but the rollover is at an average of 2000 mins monthly). 2 iPhones with unlimited data and the 3 are just for voice. Not bad.

  10. #68
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travel-Entire US as well as EU
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 115 Times in 71 Posts

    [QUOTE=kenpura;5360215]whooo!! lol exactly.[/QUOTE

    MIKE DUB - KENPURA ... Here is an appropriate copy of a post from another news blog on here that explains all you childish posters that pick every ounce of text posted and turn it in to your personal ignorant rants. DAMN I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL YOU PUNKS ARE OFF OF SUMMER BREAK!!!

    http://modmyi.com/forums/members/1582141.html
    "Ok, I think i've figured something out here.... I realize there are some serious azzholes out there, but can anyone really be this big of a doucher AND bulletproof too??

    I am convinced that these "members" are shills that are intentionally here simply to stir up drama and generate hits and posts to mmi. Hits = ad revenue, and its possible that while the owners of this site are losing their asses on no Cydia revenue, while nobody has a jailbroken phone... increasing ad revenue is all they can do! How do you do that? Increase hit an post stats!!

    How else can it be explained??? ALL these jagoffs have....
    1. Joined within the last few weeks
    2. Usually have fewer than a dozen posts that are ALL slanderous and insulting moronic babble
    3. Mods only sometimes edit them, and ONLY the profanity
    4. Not ONE of them has had a post deleted or been banned!!!

    Membership to this site is not a right, its a privilege... So how else can you explain the continued existence of these counter-productive annoyance "members" on mmi?? "
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 07-24-2010 at 11:55 PM.

  11. #69
    Pwner of Pwnage PWNsyst3m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    568
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 58 Times in 54 Posts

    I apologize for stepping out of line earlier. This is not the place to discuss things of that nature. From now on I will stay on topic and keep my composure. Once again I apologize to anyone if I offended them. I meant no disrespect, I was just voicing my opinion in the wrong place.

  12. #70
    Green Apple smooth22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Posts
    95
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    I thank u for your service to our country you get mad respect from me, its a shame they use us Americans for there false wars witch back others agendas but not really for the safety of this country but to steal others resources and take control of there government witch this country has been doing for decades, but not the fault of the American soldiers they believe there fighting for this country but there really fighting for the interest of corporations and foreign banks who really control this govermnent and military.

  13. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    I'm Indian and not a racest. Nor do I expect anything READ MY POST and do not put words in my mouth. Additionally I have never killed or done drugs. But I have seen my friends killed. Lastly no one expects anything from anyone. Perhaps you couldn't join and that's your anger. Race?!? Really you have to bring that up. Moron I turned down a full ride scholarship that was give to me because of my race. I didn't want to be someone that got something because of my race. Now mr big bad tough guy with so many ignorant and institutional raceist remarks towards all in the military. If you wish to discuss this further PM me and I will gladly give you my cell number so you can talk to me like a man and not try and bash all of us for everyone on this forum to read. Is be more than happy to chat with you.

    Dennis



    Our service mbrs are not political. Also get your facts streight. Iraq is not the second largest. Lastly I agree I don't like bombing of innocent expecially NY 9-11. Remember!?!?!?
    lol....so that makes you more of a man than i am? the fact you want to talk like a man over the phone? Please! Go crawl back into your tank jarhead! You deserve nothing! I have never ever considered of joining this country's millitary, i am very capable of joining, but refuse to become a number and go out there get shot for no effing reason. To the us government you are not "Dennis" you are soldier # whatever, nobody will give a rats *** who you are after you lose your life over nothing.

    keep enjoying your undeserved discount!

  14. #72
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    So to let you know unlimited talk plans do not get company discounts that includes military discounts. So you will still get a discount on the data plan but not on the unlimited talk plan. Now I think most military discounts run in the 15 to 19% off which is ok not amazing but you would get that percent off on the 30 or 25$ smart phone plan but not the unlimited voice.

  15. #73
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travel-Entire US as well as EU
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 115 Times in 71 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE DUB View Post
    lol....so that makes you more of a man than i am? the fact you want to talk like a man over the phone? Please! Go crawl back into your tank jarhead! You deserve nothing! I have never ever considered of joining this country's millitary, i am very capable of joining, but refuse to become a number and go out there get shot for no effing reason. To the us government you are not "Dennis" you are soldier # whatever, nobody will give a rats *** who you are after you lose your life over nothing.

    keep enjoying your undeserved discount!
    Just shows how stupid you are. I never asked for anything!!!! LEARN TO READ. Also I am a EOD troop in the Air Force. Nuff of this you arrogant child. No I'm not more of a man because I'd prefer to continue this conversation over the phone. You are truly lost and totally not in touch with reality. Have a great life and I hope you never need the service of military, EMT, Police, or fire department. Because they too get discounts and have died or been shot at doing their job. Oh and pack your bags and move to another country to see how well you have it. Or are you that ignorant to not realize. Such a child... As for calling me stupid!?! Really? You don't even know me yet you judge. My friend I have a MBA, speak 6 languages fluently and all a while never been in a tank. As for my injuries if you must know... You much hated military and Corp of engineers build schools and hp's in afganistan. Well people like you that hate even non combat force such as my career plant bombs at these locations. Only difference in them is we call them terrorists and or enemies. For you just uneducated winers that have nothing better to do but hate people. It's people like you that we have extremists and racists in our country.

    Problem with me you are free to call and hate on me as a person for something that I may have done to you. But first call me so you can atleast get to know who you judge.

    For everyone else that reads this I apologize for this. I never thought anyone would get this mad at someone they do not know. Also please reade my original post below... I had no idea there are people that would twist words to try and spark an argument.

    $80 !! lucky you., I was paying about $140 for the same. now that my wife ported over from t-mobile, we are now paying $210 for two iPhones on a 1400min shared rate plan. still way too much.
    Yes it's spendy. However I wouldn't say lucky me. While I love and totally feel humble and some times not worthy of military discounts. I would trade it for my health back. Missing ribs broken back and neck is not fun expecially how it happened. After 21 yrs in no major issues until now and boy did my war luck run out. hmm 15 weeks bed rest and counting. That's not luck... ..... But like I said I am humble and very thankful for any discount. Though I usually hate advertising it. As I am sure many of you all on here work as hard as we do. So it kinda makes ya feel bad. I hope that the rates do eventually drop for all. I think the price of high speed Internet at say $50 a month for unlimited everything would be fair. Perhaps the voip world will drive prices lower as did Netflix with video rentals. Time will tell.

    Hope the new rates lower your bill!!!!!

    D
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 07-25-2010 at 01:03 AM.

  16. #74
    Pwner of Pwnage PWNsyst3m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    568
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 58 Times in 54 Posts

    Anywho, yea I hope my rates can be lowered. Especially after those horrible activation fees. I felt like I was buying a car not a phone. No credit = bad credit.

  17. #75
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego, SoCal
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    You can't criticize the entire military for the wrongful actions of a small percentage. Think about how many other countries out there hate the United States because of how powerful we are and our values and beliefs. Now think about what would happen and the kinds of floodgates it would open if our military was not around.

    Granted there are mistakes that have been made and maybe places that we shouldn't be sticking our faces into, but those decisions are made by politicians and advisors and those in the upper levels of our government. The military has the obligation to uphold and carry out those decisions.

    One of the biggest reasons you're not speaking Japanese or Arabic or some other foreign language is because we have never been invaded since the War of 1812 because we continue to maintain a very strong military force as a natural deterrent. Our defense budget is one of the largest if not THE largest expenditure of the government.

    So no were not asking for excessive special treatment. But respect.....I think the military does deserve that. Because were out there doing the sh!t that people like you and the majority of this country refuse to do, but needs to be done.

    We didn't ask for discounts and special "military only" offers, but apparently there are people and companies out there that do respect what the military does and provide those services as a courtesy and token of gratitude.

    If you don't like it then too f**king bad! Deal with it!
    Thank You for your response! If people here can't respect the sacrifice we make then the door is always open to go to any other country where they think they will have the freedoms of the U.S.A. !

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to AUSTIN3:16 For This Useful Post:

    kuhndsn (07-25-2010)

  19. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Just shows how stupid you are. I never asked for anything!!!! LEARN TO READ. Also I am a EOD troop in the Air Force. Nuff of this you arrogant child. No I'm not more of a man because I'd prefer to continue this conversation over the phone. You are truly lost and totally not in touch with reality. Have a great life and I hope you never need the service of military, EMT, Police, or fire department. Because they too get discounts and have died or been shot at doing their job. Oh and pack your bags and move to another country to see how well you have it. Or are you that ignorant to not realize. Such a child... As for calling me stupid!?! Really? You don't even know me yet you judge. My friend I have a MBA, speak 6 languages fluently and all a while never been in a tank. As for my injuries if you must know... You much hated military and Corp of engineers build schools and hp's in afganistan. Well people like you that hate even non combat force such as my career plant bombs at these locations. Only difference in them is we call them terrorists and or enemies. For you just uneducated winers that have nothing better to do but hate people. It's people like you that we have extremists and racists in our country.

    Problem with me you are free to call and hate on me as a person for something that I may have done to you. But first call me so you can atleast get to know who you judge.

    For everyone else that reads this I apologize for this. I never thought anyone would get this mad at someone they do not know. Also please reade my original post below... I had no idea there are people that would twist words to try and spark an argument.

    $80 !! lucky you., I was paying about $140 for the same. now that my wife ported over from t-mobile, we are now paying $210 for two iPhones on a 1400min shared rate plan. still way too much.
    Yes it's spendy. However I wouldn't say lucky me. While I love and totally feel humble and some times not worthy of military discounts. I would trade it for my health back. Missing ribs broken back and neck is not fun expecially how it happened. After 21 yrs in no major issues until now and boy did my war luck run out. hmm 15 weeks bed rest and counting. That's not luck... ..... But like I said I am humble and very thankful for any discount. Though I usually hate advertising it. As I am sure many of you all on here work as hard as we do. So it kinda makes ya feel bad. I hope that the rates do eventually drop for all. I think the price of high speed Internet at say $50 a month for unlimited everything would be fair. Perhaps the voip world will drive prices lower as did Netflix with video rentals. Time will tell.

    Hope the new rates lower your bill!!!!!

    D
    So i'm supposed to give you respect because you have a MBA and speak 6 languages? You broke some ribs....blah blah, that was your choice, nobody should give you any special treatment for making an idiotic decision. And please dont assume my "hate" (if you can call it that) towards the millitary is for the police, emts, and firemen - these folks are real heroes, protecting OUR interests directly, here locally. I hold the upmost respect for these people, and yes there are some bad apples and whatnot, but these people risk their lives every friggin day to help people in need and that deserves respect. Not some war over oil! And please dont tell me you have not screwed some local middle eastern prostitute and paid her with my tax dollars because you will only be lying to yourself.

    By the way, i have a BA and make more money than you and i only speak two languages - so i guess under your mindless meathead rule, i deserve respect, right? Arrogant child? bah! But not to sound childish, but I imagine you looking and sounding like the character "General Monger" from the Monsters vs Aliens movie i took my 6 year old son to see several months ago. You know its true.........hahaha
    Last edited by MIKE DUB; 07-25-2010 at 02:11 AM.

  20. #77
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE DUB View Post

    Enjoy your undeserved discount!
    And you Mike DuMb, enjoy your undeserved freedom you piece of garbage. Could you suck anymore? You attack this guy and you don't even know anything about him other than he's in the military? Sounds like you have more of a "racist" mentality than anybody I've ever met in this country.

    Dude, you seriously need to leave...and by that I mean leave the country...or the planet even.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nightowl4272 For This Useful Post:

    kuhndsn (07-25-2010), Kyle Matthews (07-25-2010)

  22. #78
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts

    i want a plan with about 200mins, i never talk and i have thousands of rollover mins . what a waste!

    i can't live without unlimited data + text though.

  23. #79
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default AT&T is pretty pricy
    Wow I pay nearly $460 each month to AT&T for 6 lines with unlimited web and text on each line on a 1400 shared national account, minus the FAN code I have with them which only saves me about $25.00 on features. Not a whole lot of savings. I need a military account. Hehe

  24. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl4272 View Post
    And you Mike DuMb, enjoy your undeserved freedom you piece of garbage. Could you suck anymore? You attack this guy and you don't even know anything about him other than he's in the military? Sounds like you have more of a "racist" mentality than anybody I've ever met in this country.

    Dude, you seriously need to leave...and by that I mean leave the country...or the planet even.
    Mike dumb? Very original! Go back to the second grade!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts