+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Surprise, You Really Like AT&T

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I actually do love AT&T. I hardly ever get dropped calls, even with my iPhone 4 and the data is really quick.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I actually do love AT&T. I hardly ever get dropped calls, even with my iPhone 4 and the data is really quick.

Thanks

AT&T isn't that bad I've been a customer since 05 and its way better than tmobile, sprint, or verizon.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I'm mostly happy with AT&T

Thanks

Smile Waiting 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerid View Post
    I am currently off contract w/ AT&T. I'm waiting, patiently, for Verizon to get the iPhone.
    Get youself several "Bags of Ices" and seat on them while waiting.

Thanks

Verison WILL be humbled by the massive Data Traffic all iPhone users will use. It Will gobble their little Network towers to oblivion.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great service in Raleigh NC. I've had 2 dropped calls in last year and 3G is solid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    You're much better off downgrading to the $15 per month plan. It will be nearly impossible to get up to 200MB of data on EDGE unless you're just streaming all day long.
    Na. I was supposed to see a 3G upgrade in my area this spring. It will be here eventually & I'll be using data much more then.

Were you the one who vacationed in Bleeker?

Green Apple
    Thanks

My only complaint is the price. I don't expect service for free, but 100.00+ per month is silly.

Thanks

I believe that, its the other 28% that ***** all the time
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I like AT&T very much, however I do not like the pricing, it seems a bit steep! Also I think all of the other mobile phone carriers in the USA ( except T-mobile) are very retarded for using such an old and outdated technology such as CDMA! If you check the stats online you will see that the majority of mobile phone providers around the world are using GSM technology. Come on, we are Americans for goodness sake! Why do we use this stupid CDMA? Anyways that's my opinion. 
    Last edited by veliksam; 07-24-2010 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to veliksam For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-24-2010)

Thanks
    Clerk hit that thing on the nose.. Someone with a positive experience usually wont tell anybody but somebody pissed about his serivce is going to tell everybody and there mother,(more than once if they'll lisen). My AT&T experience has been quite pleasant, and as long as you say away from there unlimited plans there rate are actully quite reasonable.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

I Love At&T, I always have Full-Three Bars all around town and solid 3g coverage. I have had Verizon in the past and it was solid and reliable too. But T-Mobile omg that service is complete crap always roaming and no 3g coverage at all.

I Personally don't believe any other carrier will get the iPhone here in the states. I think eventually down the road they might Sell factory unlocked iphone at full retail price which again would be good enough as if was on secondary service.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,680 Times in 831 Posts

Bah, GSM. It's been 3 years since people started enjoying Apple's smartphone -- even the iPhone can't entice me onto a GSM network.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Or hop on with t-mobile. My girlfriend was getting all the EDGE she wanted for 6.99 a month.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You anti-apple ppl complained for years about multitasking. TRY to multitasking while on a call with your CDMA.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by veliksam View Post
    I like AT&T very much, however I do not like the pricing, it seems a bit steep! Also I think all of the other mobile phone carriers in the USA ( except T-mobile) are very retarded for using such an old and outdated technology such as CDMA! If you check the stats online you will see that the majority of mobile phone providers around the world are using GSM technology. Come on, we are Americans for goodness sake! Why do we use this stupid CDMA? Anyways that's my opinion. 
    You are correct. CDMA Was a fade away in Europe in the 90's. But up and till the iPhone most phones in the states were like fashion. Three yrs behind. It was because the major companies would use a smaller customer base to launch it's products to see how well they did before offering it to a large customer base like the states. For CDMA I can't stand it. Talk about no reason to unlock your phone. In Europe we all unlocked our phones so we could swapout sim cards when we were in different countries to avoid roaming fees. I just wish that here in the states their was an option to unlock the phone thru the carrier either after 1 yr it unlocks it's self or pay 50 for the unlock. That's pretty much the only diff now. But CDMA is old and you are completly locked. Where are GSM is a global standard that I have even used in Afganistan of all places... With that said the Verizon phones are in a sence very proprietary.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kuhndsn For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-24-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

lets see i have had at&t for probley about 8 to 9 years. 19 dropped calls sense i have had them(yes its an estimate), i have had great coverage and i have had no problem with speeds when im in a 3g zone with my iphone. But still cant wait to see verizon have the iphone, lets see how Americas best network handles the iphone. bet it will do great/end sarcasm

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

NO...we don't really like AT&T!
    But it is not surprising that we didn't get contacted...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't what the hype is about AT&T's bad service. I live in Chicago and I almost always have 5 bars. I can honestly say I've only dropped about one call. (Butterfield & I355 has a dead spot) Recently I've been top St. Louis, Phoenix/Tempe, Santa Ana, San Francisco and haven't had any problems or dropped calls in those cities. Where do you people with this horrible service live? (actual question)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ppl who've actually had problems would differ but ATT bashing has been mostly hearsay and just a fashionable thing to do .I live in Houston and ATT has worked great for me ( and everywhere that i have travelled, Dallas, AAstin, LA ,Vegas :-) , Baltimore )
    V.few missed calls , prob about 7-8 these last three years and all during the week iphone4 came out
    one of the cheapest data plan (30 bucks unlimited 3G ..! how many carriers offer that).
    A 4-4.5/5 customer service the other carrier i can compare to is n would rate theirs 3-3.5/5 )

And , the ability to surf n talk at the same time ( why has it been such an under-rated feature of immense practical use), excellent data service ( seriously, has anyone ever not been able to connect because 'the server is down , doing maintenance , system problem ' etc) .
    The only major issue , a stupid tethering plan but then again i have MyWi :-)

Given the relative data usage n number of users Verizon would have had a nervous breakdown
    Last edited by nofixedadderess; 07-24-2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: correction

23. The Following User Says Thank You to nofixedadderess For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-24-2010)