+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4 on 50% of iPhones? Um, no.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
There is NO shortage of dipchits out there that have NEVER even downloaded iTunes to their computer let alone connected their iPhones to it! There are 1000's of slobbering tards
    Thanks

There is NO shortage of dipchits out there that have NEVER even downloaded iTunes to their computer let alone connected their iPhones to it! There are 1000's of slobbering tards out there still running on the OS the phone came with, and have NO clue the app upgrades, added features and functions that they're missing out on!

Never forget, these people are coming at you in oncoming traffic everyday.... babbling at somebody about nothing on their iPhone 3G running OS 2.2!!!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOnlyest For This Useful Post:

g12007 (07-23-2010)

Thanks

again half the post are unrelated as is mine. what a topic
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

who cares lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

3GS running 3.0
    3G running 3.1.2
    #1- 2G running 3.0.1
    #2- 2G running 3.1.2

all on tmobile

I don't think it's my time update yet. Just never had any os problems and I don't want to start just because of the 4.0 hype

Thanks
    Thanked 5,972 Times in 1,579 Posts

Im still on 3.1.3
    theres no need for me to update and loose great Cydia apps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

dhfsssssssssjkkkddddddddddddddddddddd O MAN SORRY I FELL ASLEEP ON THE KEYbOARD

Thanks

iOS4 sucks on the 3G. Problem is apps crash and I have to delete apps from multitasking in order for ipod or CNN to open. The cydia "user wallpaper" does not work. I decided to add everything for iOS4 to work for resale value on my iphone 3G. Also the themes like "Sphere Signal" don't work. Alot of things don't work in IOS4 from Cydia or the App store. CNN doesn't show the pics in landscape mode either.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I upgraded to ios 4 but most of the cydia apps I had didn't work so I downgraded back to 3.1.3. I'll prbably upgrade once again when iconoclasm works and infiniboard.

iPhone? More like MyPhone FerrariCUBU's Avatar
    Thanks

I've heard that 1/3 of iPhone users don't use their internet (data)! It's so annoying when you see someone who has an iPhone but doesn't even know how to use it. They should just go buy a Jitterbug.

Thanks

Mmi is sinking quick fast & in a hurry. What happened to this site? Smh

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    iOS4 sucks on the 3G. Problem is apps crash and I have to delete apps from multitasking in order for ipod or CNN to open. The cydia "user wallpaper" does not work. I decided to add everything for iOS4 to work for resale value on my iphone 3G. Also the themes like "Sphere Signal" don't work. Alot of things don't work in IOS4 from Cydia or the App store. CNN doesn't show the pics in landscape mode either.
    So let me see if I'm following you here. You went ahead and heavily modified the operating system, enabling memory intensive features that were disabled FOR A REASON, then took it even further by trying to use themes which take up even more memory on a phone that barely had any memory to begin with.

And then when it runs like crap it's the OS' fault?

Well I can't argue with that!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zanetran View Post
    Second baby. 3.1.3 for win.
    First homo...

Thanks

Happy Noodle Boy, I de-selected the battery percent (have sbsettings) homescreen wallpaper, and multitasking. Now user wallpaper did not work and I got tired of the black homescreen. I could only change the lock screen (boring), so I decided to run redsnow and select the homescreen and battery. I had some customization then realized the many Cydia themes are not compatible with iOS4 so I went ahead and ran redsnow added multitasking so I could just enjoy the phone. By deleting some multitasking app does make the 3G work better. Apple should have made mulitasking more specific which apps to select to run in the background instead of every app you open. My point is basic Cydia Themes were not working before I added all the iOS4 features to my 3G.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

The quick launch bar (if that's what you're referring) is just a quick launch bar. Because an app is there doesn't mean it's multitasking. Apple did a terrible job implementing (or should I say, not) a way to let you know which apps are running.

But I'm with you on that, the few weeks with my 3G on 4.0 were absolutely miserable.

Thanks

Here are some pics of my 3G. I love phone and I like ios4 I just wish Cydia stuff would be compatible with IOS4.
    [IMG]http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh228/1680sub/Photoon2010-07-23at1516

The themes do work and override iOS4 but not the native cydia

My iPhone is a Part of Me headcheese's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    The quick launch bar (if that's what you're referring) is just a quick launch bar. Because an app is there doesn't mean it's multitasking. Apple did a terrible job implementing (or should I say, not) a way to let you know which apps are running.

But I'm with you on that, the few weeks with my 3G on 4.0 were absolutely miserable.
    Actually, at least for a short while, all apps in the "quick launch" are running, and they're eating up memory. Apple straight lied to us.

I downloaded a free system monitor to my ip4 yesterday and much to my chagrin it said I had 70mb free memory?! Closed all apps in the quick launch and it went to 367!

Liars!

Thanks

In my mind, if I were to resell my 3G with IOS4 the future buyer would probably want or expect to have the full Multitasking functions, homescreen wallpaper , and battery percentage native to the IOS4 regardless if Cydia themes work or not. Headcheese, quick lauch is running cuz it takes me back to where I left off in my Twitter for iPhone app with newer tweets posted.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vampr View Post
    They should stick to making Bananas!
    no that's chiquita- i get it though- good chuckle for the day
    myiphonerocks-doesyours?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

3.1.3 is where its at baby. Just get backgrounder, categories sb, and if you want, an ios 4 theme and there you go you got ios 4 lol!

I tried iOS 4 about 5 times and i always went back to 3.1.3 because that iOS 4 multitasking is just not the same and also a lot of thing dont theme correctly and it was a pain going back and fixing it. If you have a 3G iOS 4 really brings nothing. Sure its got unified mailboxes and some other stuff but do you absolutely need it and are you going to sacrifice your awesome themes and mods for just some small new features when you could probably get something very similar in cydia? Nah i dont think so.
    Last edited by Antman217; 07-23-2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Antman217 For This Useful Post:

Tamkis (07-23-2010)

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't believe there are still people who haven't upgraded to at least 3.0 ...