+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone 4 Officially Delayed by Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Messany "White models of Apple's new iPhone 4 have continued to be more challenging to manufacture than we originally expected, and as a result they will not
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Messany View Post
    "White models of Apple's new iPhone 4 have continued to be more challenging to manufacture than we originally expected, and as a result they will not be available until later this year," Apple stated this morning. "The availability of the more popular iPhone 4 black models is not affected."
    Well I'd be surprised if the black one wasn't more popular since it's the only one you can get :S

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sdjmchattie For This Useful Post:

dale1v (07-24-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It's because the recalled all white phones in order to fix reception problems. Honestly I am so pissed with my phone

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh well, I have always had Black iphones besides the 1st Gen. Really had my eyes set on buying a White iPhone 4. For now I guess I will have to buy used 3gs for 200 bucks to use with AT&Ts $60 Unlimited Talk Text until iPhone 5 comes

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    That the 2 minutes to research how the iPhone glass is made and realize it isn't just "pick color, done".
    White is a pain to get right.
    But something is not adding up HNB. I am not one to be a conspiracy theorist but sadly something is fishy.

So the white iPhone we see on the website and marketing from Apple is photoshopped? If Apple is the sensible company we know they are then why would they put something out in advertising and promotion that they would find difficult to make at the same pace as its black counterpart? You would figure they made at least one already.

We had 3 million black iPhones sold in 3 weeks. We would have to speculate on how many white iPhones Apple would want to manufacture before they started shipping them but if I went public during a damage control session and said "white iPhone at the end of the month" I would make damn sure I would be shipping at the end of the month whatever white iPhones I did have in stock. It makes you question the credibility of Apple on a whole during the whole public announcement and you ask "what else did Apple lie about?".

It is my theory that many things went wrong for Apple when that iPhone got lost in a bar. I think the product was just not ready yet and was rushed to market. The iPhone was probably supposed to debut in August/September/October/November but things changed when we all saw it too early. Maybe they planned to package Bumpers with the phone but that went out the window as well due to insufficient quantity at time of sale.

It is all quite strange.

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nicksti View Post
    It is my theory that many things went wrong for Apple when that iPhone got lost in a bar. I think the product was just not ready yet and was rushed to market. The iPhone was probably supposed to debut in August/September/October/November but things changed when we all saw it too early. Maybe they planned to package Bumpers with the phone but that went out the window as well due to insufficient quantity at time of sale.

It is all quite strange.
    Why do you think it was 'probably supposed to debut in August/September/October/November' when every other generation of iphone was released in June or July?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by katmeef View Post
    Why do you think it was 'probably supposed to debut in August/September/October/November' when every other generation of iphone was released in June or July?
    Just wild speculation. If it was supposed to come out in July why are they so far behind on production for the white?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cocoabean772 View Post
    You know what??... i cant wait for this phone in white anymore and apple is having so many problems right now.. well im going to go find a nice android Phone or maybe wait for the new windows 7 phones =D
    As one of thousands of extremely satisfied iPhone 4 owners, I say...SEE YA!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

another reason for people to complain. Here we go again !

Green Apple
    Thanks

So - not one correct or positive thing came out of that scrawny, defensive little trolls mouth.

Keep buying into the hype, sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    As one of thousands of extremely satisfied iPhone 4 owners, I say...SEE YA!
    Thousands - snicker....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    To all the idiots posting "well I'm going to get my nice android phone then if I have to wait" go do one, we don't care, If you the iPhone 4 that bad just get a black one cause you all gone be the ones losing out getting a android phone you never really wanted!

Thanks

I'll just wait for next years iPhone now. I'm sure facetime will be a lot better and all these antenna and sensor issues will be fixed. it's not the end of the world people jeez. I Iove my iPhone just as much as anyone but there's more important things to worry about.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

By the time the iPhone 4 white comes out, it'll be about half a year until the 5th gen iPhone, there is really no point in selling the white iPhone 4 now.
    This is by far Apple's worst iPhone yet it's the best

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

oo3
    Thanks

My friend told me Walgreen's has them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddfilms View Post
    if you really want a white one this site has the front and back covers for $200

Apple iPhone 4 OEM white digitizer w/ back cover - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular
    OEM(original equipment manufacturer) How is it that this company has OEM front and back covers for the ip4 when apple hasn't even gotten the phone out yet?

These websites put this OEM stamp on it so you will spend $200 on it. And as for the EBay item, ask them where they got an original equipment manufacturer part for a piece of equipment that doesn't exsist yet.

Chances are they are shoty attempts at a replica. Not interested.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ordered my bumper through the program on Friday, and have just received an email say it will be delivered in 3 working days, happy as it said 3 to 5 weeks. I'm in the UK

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

^^ thats good .. i still want that white iphone tho..

/Library/MobileSubstrate/dontmesswiththis.dlyb
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Well if they would have shipped it and the White turned Yellow... Then I wonder how much more disappointing that would be? I find it quite amazing that no matter what they do some will not be happy.

Spin on article...meh
    Dude, a Yellow iPhone would be EPIC :P

Green Apple
    Thanks

still crossing my fingers for a purple model ((:

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by highrider17 View Post
    still crossing my fingers for a purple model ((:
    I heard if you give your white iPhone the death grip it eventually turns purple before the bars go to 0 and the phone dies

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im so glad i didnt jump to buy the iphone. i was going to buy it around the start of university, but apple has just been a constant problem lately. not only does their carrier suck, but now their products are failing horribly. even though i was going to go for a black iphone, im just pissed now.

step your game up apple!