+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone 4 Officially Delayed by Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Lol just order a new black 1, bloody 3 weeks wait now though
    Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

by the time the white iphone 4 comes out we will have iphone 5 aroudn the corner. f'n dumb.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NiteStar's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay this is off topic for a sec, I'm sorry. Today is the last day to return your iphone if you bought it on launch day, June 24th, correct? I am on my 3rd one at this point, with the others being returned because of the proximity sensor issues. ie: coming on while on call and muting, placing on hold, 3rd part dialing, etc. I am willing to live with using a bumper for the antenna issue, which btw has been prevelant on all 3 ip4's I've had. It is a low signal area problem for a fact. Well this phone also has proximity sensor problems. I don't see how I could get 3 of them without the same problem if it wasn't a widespread promlem. I'm worried that a software fix won't be able to rememdy this problem and I'm afraid of getting stuck with this phone. Is everyone having these proximity sensor issues, whether a little or a lot? If not, I'll take this one back and wait out the problems, but I would have to use my old 2G iphone until then, which isn't an idea I'm fond of.

EDIT: n/m. I realize now that Apple commented on a "software fix for proximity sensor" last week.
    Last edited by NiteStar; 07-23-2010 at 03:25 PM.

Thanks

if they ever do arrive in canada then i will buy a black one then when white comes out ill sell the black one bingo!
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

well itll eventually come out. black will do fine for me now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm so disappointed. I have been waiting this entire time for white and this just sucks. I don't know how much longer I can hold out.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG, will Apple ever release the White iPhone 4, I've waited long enough that if it's out "later this year", I'll wait for the 5th iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by metaljay View Post
    It's been on 3 weeks since 3 weeks now lol. It should be ready to ship but it's not...
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 07-23-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Why would you want a white one anyways? Unless you are a girl that is...black is high tech baby!
    That's strictly opinion. I think black just look bland. I like the white ones a bit better. But must be because I like brighter colors versus darker.

iPhone? More like MyPhone apummell's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not to bothered white is kind of a chick looking phone anyway!! LoL

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Why would you want a white one anyways? Unless you are a girl that is...black is high tech baby!
    Right, I think the white is girly as well... Also the iphone screen is black when it is off, so the white will be out of place. When the screen is on, the white will make any dark colors lighter and decrease the overall contrast, which is why most TVs use a black bezel.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolento View Post
    Right, I think the white is girly as well... Also the iphone screen is black when it is off, so the white will be out of place. When the screen is on, the white will make any dark colors lighter and decrease the overall contrast, which is why most TVs use a black bezel.
    Not true. The reasons TVs use black bezels is because uniformity makes it cheaper to manufacture. That is a better business decision than chancing that someone will buy one with another color bezel. My TV has a gloss black bezel so by your standard if the bezel affected how I view the TV then the reflectivity of the bezel would distort the image my eyes see or some other crap like that. It is simply nonsensical.

That being said, gloss black is sleeker in my opinion because if done properly it can look deeper than white. However, aside from my iphone 2g I have never purchased a black iPhone and I likely never will because it just looks boring to me.

As far as looking girly, that is just BULLSH1T. Astronauts wear white space suits probably for heat reasons but would you call Neil Armstrong a girl? Hardly.

Chuck Norris had a nickel-plated beretta m92fs with white grips when he was Walker. Would you call Chuck Norris a girl? You would not survive.

It is simply a color preference. Not everyone wants a white iPhone. If apple has to delay it to make sure it stands up to wear and tear and doesn't turn yellow or cause other problems along with the probability that it will have an updated antenna design, then I will gladly wait with my white 3GS until it is ready.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

So why all of a sudden did Apple realize they were gonna have to delay the white iPhone? I mean they just NOW realized that it was a more difficult production process?

Did they not at least have some engineers test the effects of white-painted glass on this phone during the initial production process of the black iPhones?

Just seems a little odd that this delay would come out all of a sudden after the initial launch is more than a month old. They obviously made the decision they would be providing both a black and a white iPhone 4 a long time ago so it seems like they had plenty of time to conduct sufficient testing.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah I call BS, how can white be THAT much harder to manufacture. More like they want to fix the death grip issue on the white phones before they are released, but don't want to say it...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just threw up my hands today and said Fu:: it and bought the black one I'm so disappointed!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Or maybe they've delayed it because of what happened with the negative attention towards Apple's response to the reception problem

Apple probably figured that the LAST thing they need is for the white iPhone 4 to have a different defect perhaps with the screen yellowing or something to that effect.

They're already in hot water and have pissed alot of people off, so they're covering their azz and triple checking everything. Can't hide a color defect with a bumper.

Anyhow....that's what I think. More than likely they caught something out of the ordinary and had to delay.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Naa, delaying them is bad press already, they wouldn't do that just to double check things, I guarantee none of the whites have the death grip issue.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddfilms View Post
    if you really want a white one this site has the front and back covers for $200

Apple iPhone 4 OEM white digitizer w/ back cover - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular
    Or you can find the white front complete assembly here: ? iPhone 4 OEM WHITE Replacement Glass Digitizer & LCD? - eBay (item 230499428391 end time Aug-14-10 11:06:03 PDT)
    Sent from my iPhone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
    Black = High Speed and Low Drag (Comes with your choice of Camouflage or Blood Red case)

White = Danety and Feminine (Comes with your choice of Hannah Montana or Justin Beiber Case)
    Uncool

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stasis View Post
    Naa, delaying them is bad press already, they wouldn't do that just to double check things, I guarantee none of the whites have the death grip issue.
    You sure? I would think that while delaying them would be bad press, having the white iPhone show up with new defects such as screen and color defects (yellowing) would be even worse press. They're basically choosing the lesser of two evils by delaying it.

And that's a pretty bold guarantee to make because it will cause Apple even more scrutiny. Having the white iPhones show up with no death grip defect would probably give consumers the impression that Apple intentionally delayed the release to correct the death grip.

And that would piss off alot of current iP4 owners since they were not afforded the same opportunity to have their phone correctly repaired and will most likely be past their return period to switch to a white non-defective one.

.......Which would also mean that Apple intentionally continued to sell potentially defective black units to consumers while they secretly initiated a fix on their white ones in order to avoid the dreaded recall. That is of course unless they have already silently began fixing the current black models as well and are rolling them out as we speak.

But if they aren't, then what you are saying would definitely not sit well with alot of current iPhone 4 owners.

Thanks

This was the last straw for me. I've waited long enough.

Evo, here I come... again.