+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone 4 Officially Delayed by Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
You have no idea how frustrating replacing anything is on an iPhone 4? Like every hole has a different screw. And hidden screws

Thanks

What if...
    Apple releases it on September 30th to coincide with the date that they will reconsider the antenna situation, in which they will present a slightly revamped Antenna system on BOTH colors, and announce a small fee to be paid by the original iPhone 4 model owners if they want the new antenna.
    iPhone 4.5
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Black = High Speed and Low Drag (Comes with your choice of Camouflage or Blood Red case)

White = Danety and Feminine (Comes with your choice of Hannah Montana or Justin Beiber Case)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to santacruzlocal For This Useful Post:

creasy425 (07-23-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

might as well wait for next years model with this bs

iPhone? More like MyPhone skizo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Messany View Post
    White models of Apple's new iPhone 4 have continued to be more challenging to manufacture than we originally expected, and as a result they will not be available until later this year," Apple stated this morning.
    lolwut?

How is a color more difficult to manufacture? Quit insulting our intelligence.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Darn.

I was waiting and waiting, but now I'll be getting a black one for now. When the white comes out I'll probably get it, but maybe not by then.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skizo View Post
    lolwut?

That the 2 minutes to research how the iPhone glass is made and realize it isn't just "pick color, done".

White is a pain to get right.

Green Apple
    Thanks

lolwut?

You probably don't have any background in manufacturing, but White and Black are totally different beasts when talking about finishes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaljay View Post
    This fuxking annoying, I just took back my black iphone4 whilst still in the 30day period to make sure I get the friggin White 1, now it's delayed, I'm without a phone
    Damn you apple
    Damn bro that blows!

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Hahahaha funny ****

Once you go black you never go back.
    Last edited by Venom1234; 07-23-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just went to the apple store this morning because i cant wait any longer for the white and they told the white one is going to come out at the end of this month, i dont know if they have not been told or what is happening................??????????????

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is probably a marketing trick. It makes sense to me before the i4 come out it was all good news on praises in the press. Now that they have been plagued if the iron out all the kinks the press is bound to get excited for the white iPhone and do all new reviews and not find the same problems. Bam apple will be back to the golden standard for a few months. That's my opinion atleast.

xyx
    Green Apple
    Thanks

This is ridiculous...I waited just because I wanted white now this?

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roberhavana View Post
    I just went to the apple store this morning because i cant wait any longer for the white and they told the white one is going to come out at the end of this month, i dont know if they have not been told or what is happening................??????????????
    The Apple store reps are usually a week behind common knowledge. It's delayed, they just didn't get the memo
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

15. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

roberhavana (07-23-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

if you really want a white one this site has the front and back covers for $200

Apple iPhone 4 OEM white digitizer w/ back cover - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddfilms View Post
    if you really want a white one this site has the front and back covers for $200

Apple iPhone 4 OEM white digitizer w/ back cover - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular
    $200, that's $13 more than the cost to manufacture the entire phone. Ridiculous.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you understand the concept of bulk and buying orders in the hundreds of thousands (millions even) generally gets you a lower price per unit rather than individually buying one?

That said, Enfadget did the switcheroo a bit ago and they got the parts for around $125 from elsewhere.

Thanks

That blows. I've been waiting, but I guess I'll have to get black and just put a skin on it.

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Do you understand the concept of bulk and buying orders in the hundreds of thousands (millions even) generally gets you a lower price per unit rather than individually buying one?

That said, Enfadget did the switcheroo a bit ago and they got the parts for around $125 from elsewhere.
    Yes I do understand that concept. Have you ever heard of gauging prices when demand is high and there is no other alternative? Regardless of the bulk, $200 is way overpriced for 2 external hardware components of the phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well I guess I am going to get a black one...should have just got it on the first day!! I really wanted the white though....

oh well, I am getting a Grove case anyways so its not like it matters much.

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

lolwut?

Yea I thought the same thing