+ Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Case Program

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It's in the uk apple store. I've ordered but no email as of yet.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoenix3g's Avatar
    Thanks

It's in the uk apple store. I've ordered but no email as of yet.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Apparently those getting the bumper refund can also download the app and get an extra case for free since it doesn't appear to check if you gotten a refund, it just checks if the particular iPhone 4 has ordered a case.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

StevenB (07-23-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I hope T-Mobile gets the iPhone before September 30th :

Thanks

So guys, I noticed something interesting. I bought 2 bumpers a few weeks ago from an Apple retail store. One was for me, one was for a friend. Today I saw that a refund has already been automatically processed. However, I'm still able to order another free case through the iPhone app.

This makes sense seeing as how the retail purchase is in no way tied to my iPhone or my iTunes account. I did pay with the same credit card I use for my iTunes account so technically they could trace that back to me but I guess they don't want to deal with all that. Apple is keeping it simple: automatically refund all retail purchases, and give a free bumper per iPhone. I happen to fall into both those categories so I'm double dipping. Although I don't foresee that having a few more people getting an extra $1 case is gonna put a dent on their earnings.

Ok, I just noticed noodleboy's post after typing this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Order mine: )

Thanks

Ordered a black bumper for the hell of it. I already got my free case from BoxWave and a skin protector on the front.

---------------------------------
    War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

whoops , is there a way to cancel my bumper i just selected lol.

rather do the att rebate instead

http://images.apple.com/iphone/case-..._Rebate_v3.pdf

EDIT nm , fine print got me.
    only applies to bumper.
    carry on !
    Last edited by aimetti; 07-23-2010 at 08:46 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Why is the App only available from the American App Store, don't Canadians get free bumpers too?
    Maybe because the Iphone4 isnt out in canada yet? what a dumb question.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Man. So many cases idk which one im gonn get

adp
    Thanks

Everyone ordering bumpers - just be aware that you will only be able to fit Apple headphones, the hole is minimal. Also, I'd recommend getting a rear clear shield to avoid scratches. No dock support either. Bumpers have got pretty bad reviews regarding accessories and protection:

Sold for $29, this “case” is really just two types of plastic—one matte rubber, one glossy hard plastic—wrapped around the metal edge of the iPhone 4. It creates major accessory incompatibilities and offers no protection for the iPhone 4’s back, unlike all of the other cases above. Though we like its looks, we wouldn’t recommend this one.
    Apple iPhone 4 Case Program - Here Are The Best + Worst Picks | iLounge Backstage
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Green Apple
    Thanks

I went with the Griffin Reveal Etch.

I was originally going to get a Bumper with a carbon fiber back, but this is even better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Everyone ordering bumpers - just be aware that you will only be able to fit Apple headphones, the hole is minimal. Also, I'd recommend getting a rear clear shield to avoid scratches. No dock support either. Bumpers have got pretty bad reviews regarding accessories and protection:
    Although some headphones have fit issues, not all do. My Shure e4g in-ear headphones have a standard 90 degree plug and fits just fine. Very snug fit but it fits.

I feel bad for thought, for the people that bought an Apple dock for $30 only to find that it doesn't fit the bumper. Will be annoying as hell to take it on off every time which pretty much defeats the convenience of a dock.

Also, with the bumper, I found that some car chargers, like the one I bought from Kensington for my 3GS, do not fit. The dock connector on my car charger is just slightly bulkier I guess. Luckily, it's a two piece car charger and I can just replace the cable it came with with a regular iPhone usb cable.
    Last edited by oahz; 07-23-2010 at 09:07 AM.

Thanks

See? this really was just a "software fix"! LOL
    If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
    And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

i just put my order in for the bumper but now I'm thinking about the Griffin Reveal case lol. Maybe I'll just buy it from best buy
    I Take Three L's To The Head...Love, Live, Life then I'm Dead

Thanks

just ordered the belkin clear case. Looks better than apple's bumper.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i got 3 iphones same itunes account
    i ordered one iphone 4 bumper on one of my iphones
    im trying to order the second one on the second iphone and its saying "We are unable to process the request. Please try again later." is this because the server is full or something?

Thanks

im leaning towards getting the belkin sheild because the speck pixelskin has a design on the back which i hate and the griffin reveal seems to have some bad reviews the griffin motif also as a desgin on the back which looks bad and the incase doesnt cover the whole phone unlike the belkin which does and the bumper doesnt protect the whole phone either so i think i might go with belkin because its clear and offers good protection in my opinion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weazle23 View Post
    Awesome that was easy enough. To bad it says 3-5 weeks for delivery. Probably going to be shipping out alot though
    I ordered the white bumper on July 4 and it said 3 weeks before shipment. It actually shipped July 15. These will probably ship before 5 weeks. Apple is just setting expectations.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I ordered my black bumper at 925am est and I just got an email from apple that it ships August 27 and arrives September 1. What the hell!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matrixhunter View Post
    im leaning towards getting the belkin sheild because the speck pixelskin has a design on the back which i hate and the griffin reveal seems to have some bad reviews the griffin motif also as a desgin on the back which looks bad and the incase doesnt cover the whole phone unlike the belkin which does and the bumper doesnt protect the whole phone either so i think i might go with belkin because its clear and offers good protection in my opinion
    Im leaning toward the Belkin Clear Case as well - does anybody know if a bestskinsever would fit underneath? Looks like itd be to snug in that case I wouldnt want it. Anybody know?