Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Releases iPhone Activation Data, Earnings

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default AT&T Releases iPhone Activation Data, Earnings

AT&T's second-quarter earnings are a significant 26% higher (year over year) with total earnings of $4 billion (compared to only $3.2 billion in the same quarter in 2009). On the heels of a strong fiscal year to date, AT&T raised its outlook for the full year.

On Thursday morning, however, AT&T announced another interesting tidbit that isn't so hard to fathom given Apple's strong performance last quarter and record iPhone sales. According to the exclusive US iPhone carrier, it activated 3.2 million Apple handsets and raked in a veritable boatload of cash as a result. Proving a strong quarter all around, AT&T says its unprecedented sales and iPhone activation came in at a rate of 10 times higher than that seen last year with the iPhone 3GS.

"On June 24, AT&T began offering iPhone 4, the most powerful iPhone yet. Preorder sales of iPhone 4 were 10 times higher than the first day of preordering for iPhone 3GS a year earlier. For the full second quarter, AT&T iPhone activations totaled 3.2 million, the most quarterly iPhone activations ever. Approximately 27 percent of those activations were for customers who were new to AT&T," the wireless carrier boasted.

Taking a look at the in-depth data revealed by AT&T, there were also 1.6 million organic net adds in total wireless subscribers (best-ever second quarter) to reach 90.1 million in service. Additionally, 3G postpaid integrated devices on AT&T's network also spiked (by 2.9 million to 29.7 million), which represents an increase of nearly 100% percent year over year.

For all the gory details, check out AT&T Delivers Double-Digit Earnings Growth in Second Quarter, Raises Full-Year Outlook.

AT&T
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 07-22-2010 at 08:35 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

DisneyRicky (07-22-2010), reaves205 (07-22-2010)

So much money and they afraid to do a recall? Smh! Free bumpers is NOT a fix.

HATE AT&T!!! They would be no where in the industry if they wouldn't have gotten the iPhone!! They should be thankful to iPhone for keeping them in business!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alishah98 For This Useful Post:

g12007 (07-22-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by alishah98 View Post
    hate at&t!!! They would be no where in the industry if they wouldn't have gotten the iphone!! They should be thankful to iphone for keeping them in business!!!
    amen

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

And the rich keep getting richer.

Quote Originally Posted by lilhead12345 View Post
    A recall would have nothing to do with AT&T

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-23-2010), LSZ33 (07-22-2010), manbearpig (07-22-2010), ncnyxx13 (07-22-2010), Rob2G (07-22-2010)

Thanks

All I have to say is I've dropped more calls on AT&T in one month than the 6 years I spent with T-mobile.

iPhone 4 on 3G speeds make it all worth though. Still waiting on the free case option from Apple. It's already "late" this week, still no word.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

12. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

manbearpig (07-22-2010)

The bible says it's harder for a rich man to get into heaven.

ITT making money makes you evil

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks
    Wow, 100% increase for 3G devices. God damn.

Those numbers would fall significantly if a few other carriers were to get a hand on the iPhone. Expecially with the way AT&T has been know to treat it's customers

Thanks

All that money and they can't even fix the network. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    All that money and they can't even fix the network. Blame.
    They're spending 2 billion this year alone on network improvements and started rolling out 3.5G for even faster 3G speeds.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-23-2010), LSZ33 (07-22-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

good for them ! I have no problems with att. They treat me very well. They deserve their earnings.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xtremeiphone For This Useful Post:

LSZ33 (07-22-2010), ncnyxx13 (07-22-2010)

HATE AT&T!!! They would be no where in the industry if they wouldn't have gotten the iPhone!! They should be thankful to iPhone for keeping them in business!!!

AT&T owned the industry before the iPhone
    Last edited by learninglots; 07-22-2010 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilhead12345 View Post
    Recall would be on Apple's side since, once you buy an iPhone at an AT&T store, first thing they tell you before you leave is that once you walk out, if any problems arise with the phone, you don't go to them, you go directly to the Apple store.

LMAO, you do know they are bigger than all the competitors combined customer wise right?

Uh, no they're not? They're a close 2nd behind Verizon.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast