+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Releases iPhone Activation Data, Earnings

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
AT&T has one vital plus over all of their competitors. It's called simultaneous voice & data. I don't think any other network has that. Originally Posted by Markanthony3211 Too expensive!
    Thanks

AT&T has one vital plus over all of their competitors. It's called simultaneous voice & data. I don't think any other network has that.

Quote Originally Posted by Markanthony3211 View Post
    Too expensive! They wanted a $500 Deposit! plus the iPhone was $200 plus the activation fee $60! It's funny how a $200 advertised phone can equal to 760+! So i decided to join T-mobile.
    They wanted a deposit because you obviously have bad credit with their reporting agencies. The $60 activation is normal & the iPhone itself cost almost $200 to make. Selling a product for less than production costs is INSANE! Good luck w/ T-MO and when you come around you can always throw an unlocked iPhone on your account.
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionarymc View Post
    AT&T has one vital plus over all of their competitors. It's called simultaneous voice & data. I don't think any other network has that.

They wanted a deposit because you obviously have bad credit with their reporting agencies. The $60 activation is normal & the iPhone itself cost almost $200 to make. Selling a product for less than production costs is INSANE! Good luck w/ T-MO and when you come around you can always throw an unlocked iPhone on your account.
    actually, the 500 is a "no hit" deposit. this means he doesnt have bad credit , but no credit history at all. Makes no sense i know. And the activation fee is only 35...
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

3. The Following User Says Thank You to creasy425 For This Useful Post:

evolutionarymc (07-22-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

even more reason AT&T should be licking steve jobs balls and giving him whatever he wants look at all the money hes helping them make verizon would love to crush everyone with the iphone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
    And the activation fee is only 35...
    You're right, I was thinking about the phone + taxes + activation. That's roughly $250-$260 total. Hence the $60 idea. Smh lol The deposit is a pain but all you have to do is pay on time for a year & you get it back right?

Thanks

you are correct sir. you get the deposit back as long as you dont get any service interuptions due to non payment...

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    even more reason AT&T should be licking steve jobs balls and giving him whatever he wants look at all the money hes helping them make verizon would love to crush everyone with the iphone
    verizon has no one to blame but them selves. Apple went to them first with the iphone and Verizon turned them down...talk about hind sight being 20 20. I'm thinking verizon would re think that decision today.
    Last edited by creasy425; 07-22-2010 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

That's correct Creasy. All y'all verizon fanboys can blame the CEO. verizon had the 1st shot at the iPhone and they more or less told Apple to kick rocks. If I was Steve, I'd put it on every other carrier except verizon in spite. Maybe next time they'd consider it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LSZ33 For This Useful Post:

creasy425 (07-22-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

GREAT! Now upgrade the data network AT&T!!

Thanks

Since the year was so prosperous (because of customers), they need to bring back the unlimited data plan for everyone NEW or old accounts!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by texan View Post
    Since the year was so prosperous (because of customers), they need to bring back the unlimited data plan for everyone NEW or old accounts!!
    you can still get unlimited data. call customer care and throw a big enough fit about something and they will add it to ur account...only c.c. can do it tho. Dont try it at a store location.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to creasy425 For This Useful Post:

texan (07-22-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is it just me or is AT&T's 3G coverage expanding MUCH slower than it's wallet??

14. The Following User Says Thank You to metalmaster420 For This Useful Post:

AutumnBoard (07-22-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Haha I wouldn't go that far.. I doubt the iPhone kept them in business... It really lifted them up but even verizon had got the first iPhone I'm sure they would be well ahead of AT&T but AT&T would be right behind them.

Thanks

I like AT&T but some one else needs to get the iPhone so it will a wake AT&T and force them to improve their network. But a big change is coming so I hope to see some improvements from AT&T network. I'm still sticking with AT&T but as a long time customer I would like to see some changes.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i know one thing we can all cry and complaint about AT&T & verizon we will never be happy with either one of them, even if they gave everybody free service we will still find something to cry about It's Our Nature to do so lol.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to zozodouce For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-23-2010)

Thanks

And where does that money go? Does it go to building new towers and expanding coverage? Lower customers bills? Hahaha, oh what am I saying. What stupid ideas. Using their money for improving the network... oh, yeah right. No no no, AT&T should spend their money on executive bonuses and frivolous lawsuits against Verizon, not making customers happy... why on earth would they want to do that?
    Man, I'm so glad I'm not on AT&T...Verizon may be greedy and full of s**t, but at least I can use the services I pay them for. Using my phone to make *gasp* phone calls is helpful you know.

Thanks

That's alot of cash! But were the ones giving it to them!
    I haven't had any issue with AT&T, I'm happy with them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by learninglots View Post
    AT&T owned the industry before the iPhone
    Exactly I've had AT&T since the 90's and ive stuck with them because all other carriers suck compared to them (well at least in my area).

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe they should invest the money back in the company and put up more towers and fix the network !!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ATT has nothing to do with the recall. That's an Apple problem. Besides, that will never happen. Never. Steve Jobs has a little too much pride.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremeiphone View Post
    good for them ! I have no problems with att. They treat me very well. They deserve their earnings.
    I agree verizon treated me like crap AT&T has been nothing but good since day one

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Too many haters
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtremeiphone View Post
    good for them ! I have no problems with att. They treat me very well. They deserve their earnings.
    this is how i look at it... it's a business transaction between apple and at&t. they both benefited from it.

for those complaining about drop calls... go elsewhere so you don't have to whine about it, for those complaining about apple, don't buy their products.

simple