+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone to T-Mobile USA in Fall: Rumor

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Why do these forums always have to turn into a pissing contest over which technology or company is better? The way some of you carry on, you'd swear you were
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Why do these forums always have to turn into a pissing contest over which technology or company is better? The way some of you carry on, you'd swear you were paid reps for said company/product.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

We are.

Thanks

iphone 4 coming to taco bell in the fall charles barkley apporves!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ecd5000 For This Useful Post:

RyoRuns (07-22-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    Yes that will work but 3g will not at this point.

It's not perjury unless it's in court.

Of course it's a fake. It's not even on Tmobile.

It is in Court, which I've already said, and so did the article linked to if you bothered to read it. They are using it as evidence in a case...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tekwiz For This Useful Post:

soulthoughts (07-22-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

For those of you that don't know, T-Mobile has their own "iPhone support division" that allows T-Mobile customers with an iPhone to call in with support questions and problems.

I would think that with a support team dedicated to a phone that they don't even carry, the iPhone is a hot commodity with T-Mobile users.

...also consider T-Mobile was listed as one of the "brands to disappear in 2011," so it's not unfathomable to think they are trying everything they can to make this work and (possibly) save the company from fallout if they acquire the device.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

If this is true, this is honestly a win for everyone. TMO has the least expensive plans in the states. That would give direct competition with ATT's pricing, regardless of whether or not their network is deemed "good" by the public. That is assuming that TMO doesn't just copy ATT and Cerizon in their higher (comparatively) pricing schemes. Who knows, the iPhone may be what TMO USA needs to give them the push to beef up their networks. Either way I would be happy. Customer service at TMO is top notch!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks
    This picture looks shopped.

I can tell by some of the pixels and by seeing a lot of shops in my day.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mylonghornlife View Post
    For those of you that don't know, T-Mobile has their own "iPhone support division" that allows T-Mobile customers with an iPhone to call in with support questions and problems.

I would think that with a support team dedicated to a phone that they don't even carry, the iPhone is a hot commodity with T-Mobile users.

...also consider T-Mobile was listed as one of the "brands to disappear in 2011," so it's not unfathomable to think they are trying everything they can to make this work and (possibly) save the company from fallout if they acquire the device.
    If their network doesn't cover you or is ****** then a cheaper plan is no good. What good is cheaper if you can't make calls?!?!
    Last edited by tekwiz; 07-22-2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: QUOTED WRONG POST

Thanks

t mobile is. Fairly good and I'm sure that with the revenue from iPhone customers their network would improve. Could be something large. U didn't know that AT&T wanted to limit the iPhone lol meaning mak it cheaper and more common

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Fail Photoshop

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree 100% with that statement. I as well have had tmobile for about that long as well and same thing maybe had about 8 dropped calls. Went to att when the 2g came out and had about 15 dropped calls in the week i had service with them. I have lived on east coast in CT and now in CA for the past 5 years never any issues with tmobile and i think the call clarity is much better as well. People also forget that att didnt always have the GSM network and they use 850mhz and tmobile uses 1900mhz.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ybahman View Post
    This picture looks shopped.

I can tell by some of the pixels and by seeing a lot of shops in my day.
    That was the intention...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomi View Post
    NO MORE T-MOBILE/Verizon RUMOURS! please, i beg you.. and btw t-mobile has different 3G, so apple should make new version just for t-mobile..
    I agree with Atomi, The Iphone is already compatible with T-Mobile. All apple would have to do is to change the 3G frequency to make it fully compatible with T-Mobile. A tiny change in the phone to expand their market base makes sense to me.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to phaze2 For This Useful Post:

manbearpig (07-22-2010)

Thanks

iPhone 4 on T-Mobile would be F***ING AWESOME!

IT'S MANBEARPIG!
    I told you it was real!

Device: iPhone 2G 16 GB
    Firmware: 2.2.1 Unlocked + Jailbroken w/ Quickpwn.
    Computer: Windows XP & Vista (64 Bit)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    If their network doesn't cover you or is ****** then a cheaper plan is no good. What good is cheaper if you can't make calls?!?!
    If there's no coverage in your area then obviously you shouldn't use it.

I've had T-Mobile for 10 years and haven't had dropped call issues other than in the hill country surrounding Austin, Texas where I live (where coverage is marked on the map as spotty.)

I still have my $5.99 t-zones unlimited EDGE access if that tells you anything. T-Mobile has been great for me, but that won't be the case with everyone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone giancarlo's Avatar
    Thanks

T-Mobile's data is insanely CRAPPY! If apple wanted to bring another US competitor into it, it will either be Sprint or Verizon....but T-Mobile??? Next rumor is that the iphone is going to be coming to BOOST mobile. At least it wasn't Messany this time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I mean, if there was competition prices would be going DOWN rather than UP (see: text messaging, the end of unlimited data, tethering, etc)
    To me this sounds like price fixing, and wouldn't surprise me one bit if it's going on. There are many instances of it going on in the world and some things are immune from being prosecuted over it.

Thanks

It would make sense to me that the iPhone will come to T-Mobile at some point in the future no matter what. Even if Apple goes with Verizon when the exclusivity is up, it seems to make sense the iPhone would show up on T-mobile at that time as well. With it no longer being locked to AT&T at that point why wouldn't they make the change to the frequency and pick up all the T-Mo users with unlocked iPhones & and the other users that want one. And have Verizon as well. Maybe I'm just being biased as a T-Mobile user though.
    If I helped at all, hit thanks! ------------>

iPhone 4, you will soon be mine.

Banned
    Thanks

I heard a rumor, so I'm going report it first. iPhone on crickett for holiday shoppers. Be ready for it

Green Apple
    Thanks

My God this crap gets so old. There is literally a rumor about the iPhone on another network every 3.5 days.

GMAFB already.