+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone to T-Mobile USA in Fall: Rumor

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by LSZ33 I would like to see someone else get it for the simple sake of choice and good ol' american competition. Im just tired of the rumors.
    Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    I would like to see someone else get it for the simple sake of choice and good ol' american competition. Im just tired of the rumors. Bring on the facts. I used to love coming to this website, but it seems it's all rumors and people b1!c:$@g about an unlock or jailbreak release.
    What competition is this you speak of? American cell phone providers stopped competing decades ago when they realized they could just charge the same for everything.

ATT and Verizon have virtually the same plans. T-Mobile and Sprint don't have enough customers to compete so they gave good plans hindered by spotty coverage.

I mean, if there was competition prices would be going DOWN rather than UP (see: text messaging, the end of unlimited data, tethering, etc)

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

My wife call Me Yesterday asking me if the iPhone was coming to T-Mobile and I ask her why? and she told right now on the radio it said iPhone 4 coming soon to T-Mobile. Maybe is true.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah it works when you call but try to web browse i bet your waiting 10 min for the web page to load.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdc4005 View Post
    your a Cheap *** T-Mobile Service SUcks, they are king at dropping calls
    Ok first u prob never used tmobile my AT&T iphone now dropped about 10x more then my tmobile iPhone has ever

Green Apple
    Thanks
    id pre-order it for tmobile... but there goes my 50 dollar a month unlimited everything

Thanks

My nephew's roomate's girlfriend BFF told me that PrimeCo is coming back and is getting the iPhone 4 in a super upgraded model.

Can I get my own news story now?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elcaptain0069 View Post
    I don't get it. You are waiting for a white Iphone 4 to unlock with T-mobile? You might as well as keep your 3GS and not waste your money. I mean why torture yourself with an Iphone 4 on a T-mobile service network. That's like me putting in a 350 motor into a Ford Focus...it may work, but.... Say what you might, in my opinion, you would be disgracing the iphone 4.
    How would that be any different than AT&T users who don't have 3G coverage?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Better the European based giant than a CDMA provider. Tmobile works awsome in Germany on the iPhone. Not sure how well they are here in the USA. But I'm a fan of sim cards (been able to use my iPhone all over the world by just buying a local sim for a few bucks).

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cocoabean772 View Post
    Ok first u prob never used tmobile my AT&T iphone now dropped about 10x more then my tmobile iPhone has ever
    I agree on that one at least in my area both AT&T and tmo have good service here I've had tmobile for over seven years and maybe saw 10 dropped calls. I switched to AT&T to try them out and I've had two dropped calls in 3 days.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolasme View Post
    T Mobile while not exclusive in europe has by far the beat network... My IPHONE4 works amazing here... make sence that T Moble would have Iphone in the US as well
    Can't classify exclusive rights by a continent. There are several countries in Europe and each has their own contract with the iPhone. Only difference is you can purchace an unlocked iPhone from the contract companies and use them on any sim. Only issue is functionality and cost.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

I like tmobile. Cheap and reliable. I'm not sure about the 3G network. I heard it's slow.

Thanks

t mobile in my city sucks- i had it in the past and it was the worst cellular experience. i have a backup phone on verizon and my iphone is on at&t ,which i'm happy with.... hope this is just a rumor
    myiphonerocks-doesyours?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

All Apple would have to do is add the Band IV (AWS) power amplifier to the phone. It's a relatively small chip; nothing serious. The phone already has several PAs (power amplifiers) for different bands. Three in the iPhone 3G and 3GS, four in the iPhone 4.

And FYI: T-Mobile USA's coverage may not be on par with the other big three, but their 3G network is the fastest (21 Mbps HSPA+) in the nation. Yes, faster than Sprint's so-called "4G."

Tethered through a T-Mobile G1 (HTC Dream):

Thanks

Maybe 2012

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    It would be an easy addition - I have popped in my sister-in-laws T-Mobile sim card into my old 2G after an unlock and it worked flawlessly.
    Yes that will work but 3g will not at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    No, it wasn't SEEMINGLY confirmed...it IS confirmed and is on the public record of that case.If it wasn't true then those companies committed perjury...think they would do that?
    It's not perjury unless it's in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Patato22 View Post
    This is q fake pic. this is so fake guys nobody alse in the USA will get the iPhone for now.
    Of course it's a fake. It's not even on Tmobile.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    All Apple would have to do is add the Band IV (AWS) power amplifier to the phone. It's a relatively small chip; nothing serious. The phone already has several PAs (power amplifiers) for different bands. Three in the iPhone 3G and 3GS, four in the iPhone 4.

And FYI: T-Mobile USA's coverage may not be on par with the other big three, but their 3G network is the fastest (21 Mbps HSPA+) in the nation. Yes, faster than Sprint's so-called "4G."

Tethered through a T-Mobile G1 (HTC Dream):

My friend is on T-Mobile with a nexus one I'm on AT&T with iPhone 4 we both did speed tests and mine were better than his, he even agreed T-Mobile 3G sucks.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It's city-dependent.

Double check the URL if you will.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    I've had the iPhone 2g, 3g and 3gs and I unlocked them all for use with T-Mobile because I didn't want to switch to AT&T. It would be awesome if the iPhone came to T-Mobile because then the 3G would finally work and I'd only have to worry about jail breaking.

^yeah, I have the 2G,3G and now the 3GS all on Tmobile ... I live in Cali and get pretty good signal , I almost never drop any calls. This would be cool I wouldn't have to hit the web for unlocks anymore lol . I think this should have happen a long time ago . there is so many of us (tmobile users) that have an iPhone that they have a "iPhone/smartphone data plan" lmao!!!!

Apple Just give them the damn phone and then go swim in your cash !! Lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

T-Mobile barely started launching 3G less than two years ago and will officially complete HSPA+ by the end of this year.

It started with catching up to the other carriers (by no fault of their own), but now it has turned into them being on top (speed-wise).

Get Fast 3G Network Coverage with HSPA+

Thanks

U should have a choice to use any model iPhone with any service provider in America!