+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Handy Light Hides a Free Tethering App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Got it right away. Works fine with my mac, but I would love to get it to tether my ipad.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Got it right away. Works fine with my mac, but I would love to get it to tether my ipad.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Can somebody please tell me how to uninstall this app or where the install location is

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hondamaker View Post
    Hey Hondamaker, its 999 from everythingicafe, way way back in the old days.

Anyway, this does work for the ipad in a limited capacity, as in some apps wont work, but Safari does and whatever you can do from it. The only requirement is that you have a jailbroken ipad, because you use MyWi to create a network from the ipad, otherwise you can still do it, but using a laptop/desktop to create the network.

Take a look at this thread

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default works
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/887700739.png

if only at&t 3g weren't so bloody slow in my area.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

awesome, I messed with this last night and no go.....FINALLY got it to work on my Windows XP machine using Firefox!

Glad I bought it as soon as I saw the info on Twitter!!!!

I got 5.6 mps tethered 8.8 mps on my normal wifi when testing at speakeasy.net at midnight

Thanks

Uhoh someones in trouble

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

shocking how often the rules are blatantly disregarded in here, eh?

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm honestly curious if it's just a general disregard for rules because we're on the Internet or the possibility that people are either too lazy to read a thread before posting or are too dumb to understand that when we say don't we mean DON'T.

Also, I just got this working on Windows 7! (posting this from my laptop using Handy Light as tether)

go through all the basic steps (set ad-hoc network, static IPs on both phone and computer, set up proxy on computer). Now open a command prompt and check everything saved. Do ipconfig/all to ensure your laptop's ip is 13.37.13.38 or whatever you set it to. next do a ping 13.37.13.37 to make sure it sees the iPhone. you should get a reply (four actually)

Now here's what made it work for me: Make sure the telnet client is enabled! Windows 7 by default has it disabled. go to control panel -> add/remove programs -> enable windows features and select telnet client. Once installed, you should now to be able to start a telnet on the command prompt window. Type: telnet 13.37.13.37 1337 (it goes unsaid to mention that at this point, you should have Handy Light opened and in tethering mode)

It should say connecting but don't pay much attention to it, open any browser (im using Chrome) and refresh. It'll take a couple of seconds but before you know it you should have internet.

Also, notable thing is that the wireless status icons still shows the ! triangle as if there was an error but I'm browsing just fine.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 07-22-2010 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I got it to work for browsing with FireFox only. Is there anything that can be done to get it to work with IE or remote desktop connection or outlook hence giving the computer itself a network connection and not just firefox. Not that I'm complaining, just asking if anyone had figured this out

Thanks

Default I just cant do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I'm honestly curious if it's just a general disregard for rules because we're on the Internet or the possibility that people are either too lazy to read a thread before posting or are too dumb to understand that when we say don't we mean DON'T.

Also, I just got this working on Windows 7! (posting this from my laptop using Handy Light as tether)

go through all the basic steps (set ad-hoc network, static IPs on both phone and computer, set up proxy on computer). Now open a command prompt and check everything saved. Do ipconfig/all to ensure your laptop's ip is 13.37.13.38 or whatever you set it to. next do a ping 13.37.13.37 to make sure it sees the iPhone. you should get a reply (four actually)

Now here's what made it work for me: Make sure the telnet client is enabled! Windows 7 by default has it disabled. go to control panel -> add/remove programs -> enable windows features and select telnet client. Once installed, you should now to be able to start a telnet on the command prompt window. Type: telnet 13.37.13.37 1337 (it goes unsaid to mention that at this point, you should have Handy Light opened and in tethering mode)

It should say connecting but don't pay much attention to it, open any browser (im using Chrome) and refresh. It'll take a couple of seconds but before you know it you should have internet.

Also, notable thing is that the wireless status icons still shows the ! triangle as if there was an error but I'm browsing just fine.
    I followed al directions to the T severl diff metods i just cant get this to work on windows 7. I would do anything to get this to work i dont have internet at my job. Also i did buy the app
    Last edited by ceelo2008; 07-22-2010 at 09:17 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can you please share how to setup on windows XP with Firefox, I would appreciate.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sidq View Post
    Can you please share how to setup on windows XP with Firefox, I would appreciate.
    I have XP and used firefox following these instructions:

Tether inside app?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Code to enable Tethering
    Does anyone know what system changes (code) needs to be run to enable tethering???

Thanks

i can connect and have online goodness but cant seem to get linkinus online
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey is this still working for you? can you send me instructios on setting it up
    thanks

+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567