Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Handy Light Hides a Free Tethering App

Quote Originally Posted by treble26 View Post
    YEAH!!!!! STREET FIGHTER II- Ken's level hahaha one of the best games of all time!!
    that's guile's theme song buddy

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katmeef View Post
    I got it working with my iPad using my unjailbroke 3gs on 4.0.1 using this app (and my mac), it's dirty....

- start the adhoc network on my mac and get my mac working on the proxy as per the youtube video.
    - setup a http webserver on the mac (or locally on the ipad if you can) and serve a file titled socks.pac with the following contents:

function FindProxyForURL(url, host) {
    return "SOCKS 13.37.13.37:1337";
    }

connect the ipad to the adhoc network and set the proxy to auto (on the ipad) and the url is going to be the url of the MAC which serves socks.pac

*edit* if there's a way to start an adhoc network directly from the ipad (i haven't been able to find one) and a way to serve socks.pac locally on the ipad (i'm pretty sure there's a http server in cydia ...?...), this would tether to an ipad without a computer to start things up
    got it tethering to the ipad now without a mac to start things off
    i'll put up another post with more detailed instructions.. but in a nutshell, use mywi on the ipad to start the adhoc network, connect the iphone to it, and shut mywi. then you can connect the ipad to the adhoc network in settings (which is sustained by the iphone now).
    (and use lighttpd to serve proxy.pac on the ipad)

Porque?!?!

Haha wouldn't using mywi defeat the whole purpose of this app? We use this app cause we can't jailbreak yet, or at least I do. By the way I trie to tell everyone about this app in the applestore and AT&T forums. I hope that notified at least a couple people.

Thanks

^^ MyWI goes on the iPad to start the AdHoc network. If it was able to go on the unjailbroken phone we wouldn't need this app

use Handy light to tether to iPad from unjailbroken iPhone on 4.0+ (without another PC)

Thanks

DAMN! that was fast!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Ya post how a hidden feature got through on the AppStore and see how fast it gets pulled. You guys really surprised?

sucks i bought this app when i was at work and saw the story and now the video doesnt work lol too funny thank god it was only $0.99

Thanks

if you're able to install this app from the place not to be mentioned, why not just install mywi??
    this app really only benefits people who dont have jailbroke iphones (people who can't make use of apps from the place not to be mentioned on their phones)
    Last edited by z3r01; 07-21-2010 at 05:05 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katmeef View Post
    if you're able to install this app from the place not to be mentioned, why not just install mywi??
    this app really only benefits people who dont have jailbroke iphones (people who can't make use of apps from the place not to be mentioned on their phones)
    yea good point but as i dont use either i just wanted to see what all the fuss was about with this app.its actually pretty neat how(color combo)you set up the connection. it was just a post for anyone who is jailbroken and missed the app store version.
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I dont understand how its been mentioned a couple times about not discuss these things and it still happens.

Thanks

i thought we were discussing why not to use these things.

Thanks

we arent discussing anything of any nature here
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Thanks

Can I just say that MyWi (or a lack thereof) was the #1 reason keeping me from upgrading my 3gs to 4.0... but now that i have handy light and can tether to my ipad I'm going to leave my phone unjailbroke on 4.0.1 until comex is ready to drop the next spirit.

so cool that apple let this slip, albeit for a short window!

it's times like this it pays to be obsessive compulsively watching these forums, eh

15. The Following User Says Thank You to katmeef For This Useful Post:

Mqball (09-27-2010)

i'm so disappointed that I missed this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well for us iPhone 4 users apple won't be telling us what we can and can't install soon enough.

Thanks

Question:

Obviously, if you are using this app it means your device isn't jailbroken. And if your device isn't jailbroken obviously you can't disable Apple's 'nifty' little kill switch.

So, my question is, does anyone think apple would pull the plug on this app?
    Last edited by ~rage; 07-21-2010 at 04:33 AM. Reason: spelling lol

Quote Originally Posted by ~rage View Post
    Question:

Obviously, if you are using this app it means your device isn't jailbroken. And if your device isn't jailbroken obviously you can't disable Apple's 'nifty' little kill switch.

So, my question is, does anyone think apple would pull the plug on this app?
    Well, they already did?

Thanks

Wow, you guys completely misunderstood the question.

I meant do you think apple would use the 'kill switch' (more info see here: Apple's Jobs confirms iPhone 'kill switch' - Telegraph) to remove the app from devices that ALREADY have it installed.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ~rage View Post
    Wow, you guys completely misunderstood the question.

I meant do you think apple would use the 'kill switch' (more info see here: Apple's Jobs confirms iPhone 'kill switch' - Telegraph) to remove the app from devices that ALREADY have it installed.
    If you really thought that that ANCIENT POST would be true, AND hold up, do you think that this post which is very similar would be the 3rd post on MMI as we speak???
    http://modmyi.com/forums/mac-news/719982-apple-answers-geo-data-questions.html

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast