+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone 4 Supplies Could Be Incredibly Limited

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by sziklassy Part of me wishes they sold just a white back since I hate the white front. At the same time, I am happy that I, for
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Part of me wishes they sold just a white back since I hate the white front. At the same time, I am happy that I, for once, don't feel inclined to wait for a "limited edition" of something LOL!
    You can buy the white back faceplate from third party parts dealers for cheap, example. Unscrew the two bottom screws and I've been told the back comes off quite easy.

However black has always in my mind looked more professional on devices. I also think the black front faceplate makes the screen bleed seamlessly onto the glass front as opposed to white. The black antenna separators and the proximity sensor is more pronounced on the white which detracts from the look in my opinion.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Thanks

my white iphone 4 is currently being bidded at $760 on ebay with 2 days left

rediculous:
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 07-19-2010 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't wait for this.............I really want white since most mac laptops are white this will match really good in that since with other apple products i have........but at the end good thing i am waiting so i can get a side by side look at the two colors and then decide and not hate myself later for blowing money up the beeeeep and saying damn it i should have gone with the other color.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post

rediculous:
    You are selling a white iPhone that you don't have and don't know for sure when/if you will get? lol I feel bad that whoever is bidding on it is that stupid.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Very Clever Rotten Apple
    Did anyone ever think this might just be a ploy for Apple to sell more white iphones?
    Maybe their inventory of white 3GS is inflated. By making white Iphone 4's "not available" they are creating desire for it, since it is "limited supply"! This way they will be able to sell out of them and not be holding on to substantial inventory.

xyx
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post

rediculous:
    So do you have it in your hand to be able to sell it? I have seen multiple ebay listings for white iphones that claim to have preorders. The only place that I can think of that would be stupid enough to have preorders would be best buy. I've yet to see a receipt of a preorder on any of those listings. All of them are fraudulent and should be removed until preorders are actually available.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default App to Make IPhone 4 White
    Quote Originally Posted by le_harve View Post
    Isnt there an app to just make it white
    YES, but you will lose signal strength!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thevmax For This Useful Post:

manbearpig (07-19-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If you've been able to buy one since before the phone even launched, I don't see how supplies can possibly be THAT limited.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Can I return my black one within the 30day return policy to get the white???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oooshaa View Post
    Can I return my black one within the 30day return policy to get the white???
    the lady at the ATT store i ordered mine from said if you change your mind and decide u like the white one when it comes out u can return and exchange it for a white one as long as its within 30 days

Thanks

I cant haz white iPhone? <

IT'S MANBEARPIG!
    I told you it was real!

Device: iPhone 2G 16 GB
    Firmware: 2.2.1 Unlocked + Jailbroken w/ Quickpwn.
    Computer: Windows XP & Vista (64 Bit)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

thank God I don't like the white one and thank God is not the other way around.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Looks like it might save me some trouble if i just buy a fake iphone out of that tech market in China. I mean it only costs 300 rmb (~30 Euros). Only prob is that theirs no appstore and jailbreak

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's all about White iPhones, those who say oh I like black one because it look more business like are a bunch off fake wana be's who wish they were important, who's seen the White ps3??? 320g Sick... Ne way apple stop getting sluggish and hurry up with the White ios4

OMG there are so many fake ppl, there's nothing professional about a black iPhone you fakes, you ain't rolling in no phantom or using your iPhone to buy and sell shares you sad sad ppl
    Last edited by tripleaaa3gs; 07-20-2010 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluerocker View Post
    Looks like it might save me some trouble if i just buy a fake iphone out of that tech market in China. I mean it only costs 300 rmb (~30 Euros). Only prob is that theirs no appstore and jailbreak
    At the end of the day you get what you pay for. The fakes are not worth it. Just man up and buy the real thing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax;
    YES, but you will lose signal strength!
    Yes you find in paints department at Home Depot

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

white iphone is no good. Only when you are wearing a white suite. I bet these white phones are going to sell like crazy in miami ! lol (not bashing miami, i love it there)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Iphone 4 is amazing. It has a antenna problem. But not bad in good att areaa. It jus seems like a bunch of anal iphone lovers. If u dont like the antenna. RETURN IT and stick with the 3gs. So stop ur bitchin n put up wit the the first gen of a new creation. Nobody is perfect as much as u want it to be. This phone is AMAZING!!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The white iphone will fix all the flaws that the black one has thus the delay.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djjessejames's Avatar
    Tha Hills & Valley of the Sticky Icky Icky...ooo wee.
    Thanks

xclusive I agree 100%

Apple's fixing there mistakes again behind closed doors, suprize, delay!

I would be willing to bet a 3G on the fact that the white is substantially better due to some internal shielding Apple can do.
    I MEAN APPLE CAN DO 'ANYTHING RIGHT? They r way far beyond TECH so... cm'on, shielding peeps, keep hands and skin from bridging that gap but do it ON THE INSIDE!!! Read up on this, quite interesting and quite do able. Don't give me an ugly rubber-band. Defeats the purpose of the sleek, sexxxy design. Insulting really lol.