+ Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung and HTC Respond to Apple's Antenna Allegations

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by tudtran Dirty moved by Steve. iPhone clearly have a problem. Doesn't need to do that. Or maybe is some kind of business strategy. Not real sure where
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    Dirty moved by Steve. iPhone clearly have a problem. Doesn't need to do that. Or maybe is some kind of business strategy.

Not real sure where you come up with "iPhone clearly have a problem" tudtran, as it's been demonstrated that it's the technology (which is use by the entire industry), and not just this hardware.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Apple's in the spotlight because it's the iPhone. Other phones do this and Job's wasn't the only one to point it out. He should have left the "Antenna" site down though, no need to defend your product by shifting the spotlight. It's fine if you want to inform your customers that it's normal, but your going to tear into your PR image by posting other phones on your site as a defense.
    Really?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    Problem everyone fails to see is that Apple's external antenna design was radical and new - any moron could see it might be prone to conductivity or attenuation issues, moreso than competitors' phones.

Apple is giving away free bumpers now, and people are still complaining. What if this had happened in a different order? What if iPhone 4 came with bumpers, and only the idiots that took them off were having issues? No complaints then, right? So what's the issue now?

I do agree Jobs is an idiot for riling up the competition. Wasting time testing others' phones that clearly work fine. It's not hard to see what caused the problem here.
    I agree with what you said with the exception of "Wasting time testing others' phones that clearly work fine"

The question has never been if the iPhone works or not. I have one and it works just fine. It was simply the display of the bars that is in question which was demonstrated to happen with all phones that use this similar technology.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyrph View Post
    You just don't get it do you? yes the design is radical and beautiful, that's why it appeal to most people. Although, it has flaw therefore need to fix it. If it was originally has a bumper than I doubt that many people even look at it. you might as well put it in your ziplock bag. For me I like the look and feel of it as well as functionalities, but to cover it which add some thickness to it, doesnt look as appealing. That's why Steve design the thinnest smartphone on the market. Well that doesn't hold true anymore with the bumper or should I said BUMMER
    once again it want that many people who complained in comparison to the total units sold

^PLEASE PEOPLE, TAKE NOTE OF THAT!^
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

My jaw dropped when he did this, I love my iPhone but .... WOW

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Some or all Iphone4 should work even without this bumpers or case. And no, this is not a permanent fix if you're having reception and proximity sensor problems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pldtboy View Post
    Some or all Iphone4 should work even without this bumpers or case. And no, this is not a permanent fix if you're having reception and proximity sensor problems.
    I think Steve did say that the proximity sensor problems are going to be fixed in the next firmware update... But I could but wrong

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anybody thought of why the deadline for the free bumpers is 30 Sep.? Methinks it is because they would have fixed the antenna hardware flaw by then and all orders shipping after Sep 30 wouldn't be affected by the death grip. Jobs DID hint at a possible hardware fix to the problem in his conference.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

But, but.....it's Apple. They can never be wrong. They have a $100million antenna testing facility that is useless if u don't give your engineers TIME to test the f**king component.

Come on Steve. Did u really think you could bury this with a half-*** free case giveaway that people are also having problems with?

Seriously!?!

If this problem were as wide spread as you claim it is.....why is APPLE the only one on the news?

You're just settling because u know people are still buying the damn phone and will continue to do so. You really don't give a damn about your consumers as long as the cash is flowing in do you?

I hope the long-term implications of your lame actions during this whole ordeal come back to bite you big time square in your ***.

Good day Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by ALAN523 View Post
    @everyone
    yall making a huge deal. i have no problem with mine.
    Congratulations. Want a cookie?
    Last edited by RICO_; 07-19-2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RICO_ For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-22-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

as hardcore of a use of an iphone i am, utilizing it to its max, jb and all they cool stuff that comes with it. I think i'll stick to my 3gs this year around and see what comes out in 11 months!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pldtboy View Post
    People get off the stupid bumper issue. They came out with their fix. Either respect it and keep the phone or return the damn thing. As far as Apple throwing htc Nokia ect under the bus well I don't agree 100%. But when you read the 5 million posts on this site with alot of people claiming to be consumer advocates (read you will see them). Well in a sense Apple has just as much right.

And yes people other phones have issues as well. Now I am by no means an APPLE fan boy. But I like everyone who bought a iPhone have the choice to keep it or move on. No since in being a freaking child and calling people names because the decision we made was to keep the phone. And for those that returned it.... Get off your high horse and find another product to complain about. Your arguments are not only old they are freaking stupid. You all asked for a fix if you don't like it make a decision.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kuhndsn For This Useful Post:

EddieLeonard (07-19-2010)

Thanks

^^couldn't have said it better my self
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Too many, that's why this thing is national headline. Other probably didn't how to test it right. You must hold it for atleast 30 sec at and place where you get 2 or 3 bars. You will see your bars will go down.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Daring Fireball is bringing up a TOTALLY irrelevant point. I have seen on MANY phones that you are not supposed to cover certain regions for optimal performance, but the difference with this is its not a death spot. Actually I've never has any problem covering the phones at those spots even though the manual says you should try to avoid it. iPhone 4's can't be held in a persons left hand. That's different.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post

If this problem were as wide spread as you claim it is.....why is APPLE the only one on the news?
    Really? You can't figure out why Apple is in the news more than any other phone manufacturers? Couldn't be the millions of products sold in a single week, the Hype around the yearly i-Product releases, the Media events they hold, the conferences, or overall stigma or one of the most popular phones on Earth? Jeez, why do they get so much attention.

BTW, search for Droid X problems or Evo 4G problems and you'd be surprised at the results. Battery failure, screen failure, dropped calls, antenna fade via death-gripe (say it ain't so), lags, poor camera, slow activation, etc. But the spotlight is on Apple because it always is, problem or not, they generate Hype, that's their biggest company attribute. The more objective folks might notice that there is actually a "major" problem at every iPhone release too...
    Really?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to eg6motion For This Useful Post:

Doran (07-19-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

Again, other phones do have the same problem. They even put that in writing. What bothers me is that people, bash Apple and Steve Jobs for stating the facts. Even if Apple decided to recall the iPhone 4 people would find a way to complain about that. He addressed the issue, he said that they aren't perfect. Wavied the restock fee, giving free bumpers, cases, etc..refunds. I didn't have to have Steve Jobs tell me that smartphone antenna's have issues. They always have and always will. No matter which one you buy. So if you don't like the little bar thing, live in a weak AT&T area..take it back and get your money before the 30 days. If not get over it. These other companies put what Jobs said in writing and on their websites. So why fuss about "you pointed your finger at me". If anything he gave them all FREE worldwide advertisements..
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Apple just laid out proof to you all yet u people still want to keep bashing them if u don't like ur phone go return it and stfu ..... Go buy another smart phone that clearly has the same issues and see much how happier u will be Once again GET A LIFE STFU LoSERs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphmsu View Post
    Apple should have never brought other competitors products into the conference and just focused on theirs. They need to fix their problems before bashing others.
    Their problems? The phones Apple pointed out have the same problems. Every one is bashing Apple for their problems but why not the other companies? And if you forget, only 1.7% users are having this problem, which is about 51,000, and thats because of the area they live in. Not such a big deal as people make it out to be.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Providing a workaround is not the same as fixing a problem.

Yes all phones suffer from the same attenuation problems, but the external antenna exacerbates the issue on the iPhone 4. If it were simply the normal attenuation that plagues the entire industry then a bumper or even a piece of duct tape would not be able to fix the problem.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

It's the consumers with nothing but hatred for successful companies like Apple that threw Steve Jobs under the bus with all this trash.

I have held my iPhone 4 in all kinds of ways that restrict the signal and I haven't dropped any calls yet just to test if it did but normally I hold any mobile phone just like the guy does in the videos on the Apple website and not by trying to squeeze the life out of it, yes I saw a signal decrease but never dropped calls and guess what, the same thing with other mobile phones, the signal lowers but stays connected so I don't see how this makes the iPhone the culprit.

Everyone who has a chip on their shoulder (sorry, a whole bag of chips) should just take what Apple is offering and stop whining like bloody children.

GET OVER IT, IT'S A PHONE!!!!!!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to mwr_allen For This Useful Post:

eZStaR (07-19-2010)