+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Sneak Peak] Detailed iPhone 2.0 video (6 mins)

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by GravityEyes King, no disrespect to you or DevTeam (because really, i do have a lot). But the thought that Apple is going to close holes if you
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GravityEyes View Post
    King, no disrespect to you or DevTeam (because really, i do have a lot). But the thought that Apple is going to close holes if you guys let this into the wild is BEYOND paranoia ...

Let it out, let the community enjoy - build more apps - more love.

This is getting beyond paranoid .... starting to remind me of Travis Bickle in 'TaxiDriver'

Much love and respect,
    GravityEyes (a developer wanting to help the common good)
    Its that chronic thats got him paranoid, geez, lay off that sh1t. give hugs not drugs

Developer
    Thanks

Have you heard of a 'watermark'?

Green Apple
    Thanks

according to all other sources - there is NO watermark ..... and this would be a precedent at Apple. They never watermark .... do you understand the time and money it takes to do such a thing, especially with a beta program ?!!?!?!

Paranoia will destroy ya!

Thanks

Just let natetrue get a hold of it

Green Apple
    Thanks

as if it wasn't clear in the new firmware ...apple goes and holds that "town meeting" to show us all the new features. They don't care about us 'end users" they are trying to keep selling iphones ..and the way to do that at this moment is to create all the features that "enterprise" customers are looking for.

...thats what all these features are for ..companies.
    and the SDK ...why you think none of you indie devs got it yet ......corp america ...thats where the money is to me made.

as soon as some company ******* about Safari not having Flash support ....bang we will all get it

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Guys you just don't understand. Their computers are broadcasting an IP address!!! Can you imagine what Apple's death squad would do if they found out???? The same thing they've done all the other times... Nothing.

The one time they purposely closed a jailbreak method was that safari exploit and that was due to security reasons. Given how the firmware changes ever so ligtly every time its upgraded, it would be ridiculous not to think it won't break jailbreaks. The dev team has shown constant proficiency at what they do, it baffles me how they manage to keep those tin foil hats on for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by pingywon View Post
    ...thats what all these features are for ..companies.
    and the SDK ...why you think none of you indie devs got it yet ......corp america ...thats where the money is to me made.

as soon as some company ******* about Safari not having Flash support ....bang we will all get it
    Welcome to how society and capitalism in general works. Most technological process has been pushed by military (Internet, highways) or big corporations. The end user is just lucky that it also has applications for us.

And I'm still waiting on hearing about my previous question if anyone with 2.0 can answer it (email sent from the phone broken so it looks like the text looks on the phone rather than sending the sentence as a whole)
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 03-18-2008 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't know about the scientific calculator function until I saw the engadget article. Finally, a percentage key and more!

Thanks

Ugh. Why are we so impatient to receive beta firmware? I'm sure that:
    -it's unstable
    -it's not ready for the end user yet. Come on people, if some of you struggle using the earlier, final firmware, how the hell do you expect to use an unstable beta one, lol.
    After reading some of this, my verdict is that you just shut up and wait.
    Last edited by dale1v; 03-18-2008 at 04:19 PM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

iPhone? More like MyPhone Varmit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoNova View Post
    Sorry, but that was a boring video and this looks like a boring update. And why did it say it was jailbroken when installer wasn't on the home screen?

Seriously, I don't use exchange, I only use the calculator for basic math, I don't get more than 10-15 emails a day...why do I care about anything in this new firmware?

Matt
    I think what cracks me up is the total lack of understanding what exchange can do for the business market. For those that dont understand what exchange server does. In a nutshell. Imagine 15 people having a exchange account, and everyone uses the same calendar. I put something in the calendar, EVERYONE gets the same calendar information that I put in at the same time. This lets all 15 people know what each other is doing.
    Its not JUST EMAIL, but all aspects of communications, tasks, contacts, notes, all stored on a company file server. This push technology will allow no hooking up cables to sync. But to be able to do it remotely. For my office, this will be a big big move and a allow me to use my iphone for business and allow me to shelf my 8525 HTC phone.

Not meant to be a flame, but to enlighen people alittle.
    iPhone 4 Quote: Its so easy, a caveman can use it!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Varmit For This Useful Post:

alectra82 (03-18-2008), Cody Overcash (03-18-2008), GravityEyes (03-18-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well put, dude! Yes, us 'grown ups' (e.g. - real jobs, real need for ActiveSync) totally get it. Remember, there are hoards of spoiled 13yr brats in here that only care about skins

:-P

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Guys you just don't understand. Their computers are broadcasting an IP address!!! Can you imagine what Apple's death squad would do if they found out???? The same thing they've done all the other times... Nothing.

The one time they purposely closed a jailbreak method was that safari exploit and that was due to security reasons. Given how the firmware changes ever so ligtly every time its upgraded, it would be ridiculous not to think it won't break jailbreaks. The dev team has shown constant proficiency at what they do, it baffles me how they manage to keep those tin foil hats on for so long.

Welcome to how society and capitalism in general works. Most technological process has been pushed by military (Internet, highways) or big corporations. The end user is just lucky that it also has applications for us.

And I'm still waiting on hearing about my previous question if anyone with 2.0 can answer it (email sent from the phone broken so it looks like the text looks on the phone rather than sending the sentence as a whole)
    What about how they closed the ramdisk exploit?

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King Chronic View Post
    What about how they closed the ramdisk exploit?
    Well I'll go ahead and put my foot in my mouth. Though I still believe they close them because they're just that, exploits and not because they're actively after jailbreakers. I don't think they want to be liable in case someone tries to harm the phones using those ways. The Dev Team has been doing nothing but good stuff for the phone, but from a legal standpoint, there's nothing stopping some *** from doing the same.

Also, King, if you still have 2.0 lying around can you please (pretty please) check the mail issue I posted earlier? It's the one thing that's really bothering me right now. (If you go to this blog you can see an example of what I mean. See how the text just cuts at random points? It's somehow tied to how the iPhone mail.app sends mail and I'm wondering if they've addressed this)
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 03-18-2008 at 07:04 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Varmit View Post
    I think what cracks me up is the total lack of understanding what exchange can do for the business market. For those that dont understand what exchange server does. In a nutshell. Imagine 15 people having a exchange account, and everyone uses the same calendar. I put something in the calendar, EVERYONE gets the same calendar information that I put in at the same time. This lets all 15 people know what each other is doing.
    Its not JUST EMAIL, but all aspects of communications, tasks, contacts, notes, all stored on a company file server. This push technology will allow no hooking up cables to sync. But to be able to do it remotely. For my office, this will be a big big move and a allow me to use my iphone for business and allow me to shelf my 8525 HTC phone.

Not meant to be a flame, but to enlighen people alittle.
    Ok, thanks for explaining. That does sound "neat." I guess it's handy for business people, but come on. Do you really think the majority of people who have iPhones are big businessmen? Maybe a few, and I guess now that I know what Exchange really is, I can accept that it's a decent feature to have. But like someone already said, they're still avoiding a lot of the stuff that other phones have out of the box. Copy/paste, instant messaging, flash, video (yeah there's showtime, but I'd prefer more features and/or an official video app).

Quote Originally Posted by GravityEyes View Post
    Well put, dude! Yes, us 'grown ups' (e.g. - real jobs, real need for ActiveSync) totally get it. Remember, there are hoards of spoiled 13yr brats in here that only care about skins

:-P
    I kind of take offense to this. I agree there are a lot of noobs, young'uns and spoiled kids here, but I had to work for my phone and I could only afford the 4 GB version.

Matt
    WHITE 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 - 6.0.1
    Dual 1.2 Ghz G4, OS X 10.4.11
    2.2 Ghz MacBook, OS X 10.7.5
    69 Nova
    71 Duster

Thanks

still want my exchange account.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i dont get ther PARENTAL CONTROLS, who the hell would buy kid under 18 an iphone? i guess some rich yuppie parent

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by medafor View Post
    i dont get ther PARENTAL CONTROLS, who the hell would buy kid under 18 an iphone? i guess some rich yuppie parent
    I am pretty sure it's geared more towards a parent that lets a kid use their phone but doesn't want them buying music and apps or something lke that

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool video, annoyed at having people beat me over the head with their politics.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    Cool video, annoyed at having people beat me over the head with their politics.
    lol
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

iPhone? More like MyPhone ckybam69's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cWanja View Post
    I am sorry, I call ******** on the entire video! Here is why:
    • 1:15 - the iTunes Music store has two buttons that have no label under them. And the fifth button across the bottom is blank and the page that it pulls up is blank. Uhh, doubtful but ok.
    • 4:34 - Notice his "Passcode" is off. But when entering "Parental Controls" he has to enter a passwords. Seems fishy.
    • Unknown - at one point his camera flashes over his monitor and UH OH Windows. I know this is not saying much, considering the firmware could get to any one
    • Why is it in the dark?? Hiding something
    • 3:29 - YouTube does not work - you have to connect it to iTunes first. WAIT didn't you have to connect it to iTunes to get it on there??? Yikes
    I am not wanting to turn into some big guy who gets flamed, or gets bent over. But just things I noticed there guys.
    dude i think ur right because why the hell would you have to connect to itunes to get youtube to work if you updated the firmware in itunes anyways?

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ckybam69 View Post
    dude i think ur right because why the hell would you have to connect to itunes to get youtube to work if you updated the firmware in itunes anyways?
    Because so far, even with it jailbroken, as far as activation goes we have not been able to officially activate it. The best we have done is gotten it to kick the phone to SpringBoard instead of the activation screen after each boot, but it is still not really 'activated'. Plus, activating YouTube is a little bit different.

Yeah, I just turned the camera so I could adjust my phone so that you could not see my inbox. Chill out, really. Again, how do you think I got parental controls?