+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Sneak Peak] Detailed iPhone 2.0 video (6 mins)

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Great wifi name, and is that dragonforce I hear? absolute class! If only 1.2 was that classy? lol. Still no copy and paste and full working bluetooth...
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Great wifi name, and is that dragonforce I hear? absolute class! If only 1.2 was that classy? lol. Still no copy and paste and full working bluetooth...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    wow i guess your right, we can use our "New (better) calculator" to work out the circumference of our spore fish thing, and count the number of e-mails we can delete all at one time. Wow apple.

Now the iPhone is complete........

I guess they are happy with us jailbreaking the iphone and making it the device it can be.
    Well you must admit, deleting Mail sucks at current Firmwares. And the SDK is actually gonna be pretty cool. Better than the "Jailbreak apps". Games run with pretty nice framerates on the iPhone, so I think some great games will come out for it. Now, probably the best game you can play is a NES game or tetris. Well I'd rather have Spore than Tetris though..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quinoky View Post
    Hm. Let's see..

-SDK!! (Spore!! )
    -Exchange
    -New mail features (as shown in the vid)
    -New Calendar features (as shown in the vid)
    -New (better) calculator
    -WPA/WPA2 support
    -etc.. (don't really know much more new features.. )

Sdk won't work till June anyways. Well the apps u make. Better cal is ok I guess. The calc is kind of a joke tbh. I will give u credit for the mail. But I don't get a 100000 emails a day I can manage my spam if I get any..... Appstore is the best thing and it doesn't work yet :-/
    Last edited by pingwhen; 03-17-2008 at 04:45 PM.

Thanks

Hm. Let's see..

-SDK!! (Spore!! )
    -Exchange
    -New mail features (as shown in the vid)
    -New Calendar features (as shown in the vid)
    -New (better) calculator
    -WPA/WPA2 support
    -etc.. (don't really know much more new features.. )

Well you must admit, deleting Mail sucks at current Firmwares. And the SDK is actually gonna be pretty cool. Better than the "Jailbreak apps". Games run with pretty nice framerates on the iPhone, so I think some great games will come out for it. Now, probably the best game you can play is a NES game or tetris. Well I'd rather have Spore than Tetris though..

to be honest, i have a scientific calculator. i use that for my maths at college, i would rather use the calculator i got out of my cracker at christmas than use the iphones, its the most stupid update out of them all.

all the hype over the sdk, but we don't really know anything yet?! they arent accepting app's from any other developers than those closely linked with them at the moment. Spore looked ok, and the star wars type game thing, and yes, they both looked better than anything on installer right now (including tetris), but still not blowing me away.

Also, correct me if im wrong, but they dont have special powers to make games in the appstore run any better or any better framerate than those on installer.

I think, whatever happens with the appstore, installer/cydia will win over in the end.

Our developers have already proved they literally "pwn" apples iphone developers, and will continue to do so after the launch of the appstore or any other cruddy, yes cruddy app that apple is going to give us.

Long live the jailbreak and our own 3rd party apps!!

P.S, i would like to think Spore + any other popular appstore apps will be cracked and made available via installer anyways.........

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey can anyone tell me if the Exchange activesync stuff actually works in the version as shown? Or is that going to be enabled in the final release?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Whoa sweet. I hate that parental controls that I seen. That is stupid, who puts that on an iPhone? Besides, iPhone shouldn't be used in little kids hands anyway, should be for the more mature audiences anyway. Overall, great video. Wonder if they will release anymore teasers like this one?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow I am amazed by everyone's amazement of this piece of crap firmware update.. How about flash support in Safari.. Apple blows major cojones!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krino1 View Post
    Wow I am amazed by everyone's amazement of this piece of crap firmware update.. How about flash support in Safari.. Apple blows major cojones!
    Yo, im in complete agreement. Apple throw us continuous garbage to get excited over.
    Apple makes me sad and depressed.
    The Dev Team makes me happy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default What is the excitement about?
    I must agree. No A2DP, no copy/paste, no Safari flash. Still no notes sync. WTF?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

GREAT JOB! I'm happy to see this kind of footage this far out from the official release! AWESOME!

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

i like the song..lol
    mod edit, old signature removed

Thanks

Looks pretty cool, but I think that its stupid that we have to wait until June to try it!!!
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Green Apple
    Thanks

why the long section of the calculator?...

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonejeff View Post
    i like the song..lol
    Glad you do, it's Revolution Deathsquad by DragonForce if you are interested.

Thanks

Great video preview. Noticed that under the International keyboard settings, they've added the following keyboard support:

French (Canada)
    Japanese
    Swedish
    Danish
    Norwegian
    Finnish
    Polish
    Portuguese

Can't help but wonder if this is good news for those of us in Canada and elsewhere who still do not officially have the iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

DragonForce, yes!! lol, oh the firmware was cool too
    iLive an iLife

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I don't see much honestly. If that is really all that's offered, then I would prefer to stick with the firmware I have. As far as emails, I already delete the ones I don't plan on keeping as they come in. I think the only way I would upgrade is if I could still use the 3rd party apps I already have

Thanks

I am sorry, I call ******** on the entire video! Here is why:
    • 1:15 - the iTunes Music store has two buttons that have no label under them. And the fifth button across the bottom is blank and the page that it pulls up is blank. Uhh, doubtful but ok.
    • 4:34 - Notice his "Passcode" is off. But when entering "Parental Controls" he has to enter a passwords. Seems fishy.
    • Unknown - at one point his camera flashes over his monitor and UH OH Windows. I know this is not saying much, considering the firmware could get to any one
    • Why is it in the dark?? Hiding something
    • 3:29 - YouTube does not work - you have to connect it to iTunes first. WAIT didn't you have to connect it to iTunes to get it on there??? Yikes
    I am not wanting to turn into some big guy who gets flamed, or gets bent over. But just things I noticed there guys.

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kstewart71 View Post
    I don't see much honestly. If that is really all that's offered, then I would prefer to stick with the firmware I have. As far as emails, I already delete the ones I don't plan on keeping as they come in. I think the only way I would upgrade is if I could still use the 3rd party apps I already have
    I think it's a little funny how people assume that they can't...

Thanks
    Steve Jobs said that the reason they have not implemented flash yet is because he wants macromedia to create some "special" version of flash that is best suited for the iphone and not just the version run on computers... I forgot where I read that though, somewhere on here, nevertheless

Might I add that I think stereo bluetooth needs to be added in the update, this is the only thing lacking in the ipod section, well maybe that and a larger flash drive....64 GB FTW!
    Last edited by auburnguy32; 03-17-2008 at 09:38 PM.
    -Ben