Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 275

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 4 Activation Without Original SIM Card

  1. #61
    Why is everyone making a big deal over this? Any at&t sim card(activated or not) will do the same thing.

    I got at least 20 in my desk but then again I unlock iphones all the time but its not hard to get one by any means. People trash used at&t sims all the time.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by k1653d View Post
    Why is everyone making a big deal over this? Any at&t sim card(activated or not) will do the same thing.

    I got at least 20 in my desk but then again I unlock iphones all the time but its not hard to get one by any means. People trash used at&t sims all the time.
    Not really, ppl like myself and swoosh0217 cant activate our iphones using any at&t sim becasue i have been already activated before with itunes...So maybe this is the solution for us. We just want somebody to confirm this to start buying this sim and spread the word!

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by k1653d View Post
    Why is everyone making a big deal over this? Any at&t sim card(activated or not) will do the same thing.

    I got at least 20 in my desk but then again I unlock iphones all the time but its not hard to get one by any means. People trash used at&t sims all the time.
    You are jumping into conclusions bro..I dont think you have an idea at all. Even if you have 30, 50, 100 un/activated att sims... Its not gonna work for unactivated iPhone 4's or prior versions such as 3G and 3GS that have upgraded to the latest iOS 4 with connect to itunes logo. Getting this special sim is the only way you can by pass the activation part unless you can prove us all wrong!

  4. #64
    I am going to try. Cant wait till I get my Rogers SIM

  5. #65
    Just a question here..Did you guys try restore the phone to your choice of firmware then use a AT&T sim to activate? My 3g was used and locked when I bought it, I had to do a factory restore then stick in my AT&T to activate the phone.

    FYI I bought a new unactivated AT&T Sim at RadioShack for $5.00

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Roush00 View Post
    Just a question here..Did you guys try restore the phone to your choice of firmware then use a AT&T sim to activate? My 3g was used and locked when I bought it, I had to do a factory restore then stick in my AT&T to activate the phone.

    FYI I bought a new unactivated AT&T Sim at RadioShack for $5.00
    Well my phone 3gs nwe bootrom came with 3.1.2 (crashed and had to restore, got it in late february so i couldnt save shsh for 3.1.2 just for 3.1.3).I haven't updated to 4 maybe with 4 I can activate it with any at&t sim, but right now i cant.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Dors View Post
    Not really, ppl like myself and swoosh0217 cant activate our iphones using any at&t sim becasue i have been already activated before with itunes...So maybe this is the solution for us. We just want somebody to confirm this to start buying this sim and spread the word!
    What do you mean you cant activated because you have already activated before? Just this week I use the same itunes, the same computer and possibly the same sim card to bypass the activation screen of at least 10 iphones. 3gs and 3g 4.0 is is no problem.



    Quote Originally Posted by swoosh0217 View Post
    You are jumping into conclusions bro..I dont think you have an idea at all. Even if you have 30, 50, 100 un/activated att sims... Its not gonna work for unactivated iPhone 4's or prior versions such as 3G and 3GS that have upgraded to the latest iOS 4 with connect to itunes logo. Getting this special sim is the only way you can by pass the activation part unless you can prove us all wrong!
    Any at&t sim will work on a 3g and 3gs 4.0. I am 100% certain of this. The iphone 4 is different though. I was messing with some iphone 4s a few weeks ago and it seems that only the sim that came with the phone will allow you to activate it.

    So it is possible that this may be useful for the iphone 4 but you still would have to cut it down. Personally I dont think it will work base on my experience with them.

  8. #68
    Well the 1st owner apperently registered it through itunes. Thats why itunes ask me for a ssn and a zip code. Maybe is the 3gs new bootrom feature I dont know. I dont have the original sim, maybe is the same as the iphone 4, i dont know either. Have you tryed with an iphoen 3gs 3.1.3 new bootrom?

  9. #69
    Register the phone through itunes? I've never done that with a 3g or 3gs and I have done a ton of them. It doesnt ask you for anything. It only ask you to verify information with the 2g and iphone 4.

    Yes, I have done it with a 3gs 3.1.3 new bootrom. In fact I remember doing at least two this past week.

    Here is what happen with the two iphone 4 I was messing around with. IIRC, I had two micro sims and two iphone 4 in front of me. Both were activated already. I restore one of them and got the activation screen. I pick up a micro sim and proceeded to try to bypass activation like I have done in the past but it ask me for some information. I put in a bunch of random information and it didnt work. I put in the owners phone number and it didnt work. I swapped in the other micro sim and put in his phone number and it activated. So if I remember correctly you need original sim and phone number to bypass activation with an iphone 4. And you dont need original sim for 3g or 3gs, any sim, any version, will work fine.

  10. #70
    Well this is my first iphone, maybe I didnt use the correct words.
    The iphone have been activated when it was on 3.1.2 But I dont have the original sim, so when I restored it to 3.1.3 I used 2 differents sims and it ask me for a ssn and a zip code someway similiar to your iphone 4 case. Maybe its the itunes version, maybe I dont have to connect itunes to the internet...I dont know what to do to activate it and finally unlock it to use it...

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by k1653d View Post
    Register the phone through itunes? I've never done that with a 3g or 3gs and I have done a ton of them. It doesnt ask you for anything. It only ask you to verify information with the 2g and iphone 4.

    Yes, I have done it with a 3gs 3.1.3 new bootrom. In fact I remember doing at least two this past week.

    Here is what happen with the two iphone 4 I was messing around with. IIRC, I had two micro sims and two iphone 4 in front of me. Both were activated already. I restore one of them and got the activation screen. I pick up a micro sim and proceeded to try to bypass activation like I have done in the past but it ask me for some information. I put in a bunch of random information and it didnt work. I put in the owners phone number and it didnt work. I swapped in the other micro sim and put in his phone number and it activated. So if I remember correctly you need original sim and phone number to bypass activation with an iphone 4. And you dont need original sim for 3g or 3gs, any sim, any version, will work fine.
    The 2 micro sims that you tried, are they both the original owners sims?

    Obviously there is no way for me to get a hold of the original owners info. Although I wonder if I can I use my friends microsim from her iPhone 4. Wonder if iTunes will still ask me for the original owners info with my friends microsim? Hmmm.. My last resort would be buying this Dits phonebook sim card...

  12. #72
    Green Apple ssfirme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth Tx
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Jailbreak!!!!!!

  13. #73
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travel-Entire US as well as EU
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 115 Times in 71 Posts

    So there I was... Hmmm Dennis let's click on the MMI link to pass the time while waiting in line at the grocery store (HEB in Texas good sales but weird people kinda like WallyWorld at 3m). The page loads and my heart pumped with excitement as I read the first loaded news post (i4 activation). Then after reading further I was back into depression and reality of standing in line. Dumb me read it as if it was the JB release. :-(. Oh well I lose but at least some of you w/out a contract have some good news! Were happy for ya. Lol.
    Anyway, like posted previously the 9 buck sim card from Best Buy does work as well.

  14. #74
    Nope both random at&t sims.

    Same here...this guy wont give me the information, I have his name, maybe his zip code, email, but theres no way I can get his ssn information (dont know where to get it anyway) and he's not answering my emails...

    So we are on the same boat, lets try this sim and hope it works for us...

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Anyway, like posted previously the 9 buck sim card from Best Buy does work as well.
    If you read my previous post, this is what I ended up doing. IT DID NOT WORK! Tell me a step by step on how u did this........

    @Dors send me a PM and give me your phone no. I want to talk to you. Found a website that sells cheaper than the dits sims
    Last edited by swoosh0217; 07-18-2010 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  16. #76
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travel-Entire US as well as EU
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 115 Times in 71 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by swoosh0217 View Post
    If you read my previous post, this is what I ended up doing. IT DID NOT WORK! Tell me a step by step on how u did this........

    @Dors send me a PM and give me your phone no. I want to talk to you. Found a website that sells cheaper than the dits sims
    Used same method as in this video. Just did the neighbors
    http://www.gadgetsdna.com/how-to-activate-iphone-4-3gs-and-3g-without-original-sim/4825/

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Yes but what sim did you use? People you gotta elaborate more on what you did. Yes I know you followed the same method and so was I! If you said you picked up a sim card from Bestbuy, that can't be the dits sim card as they only sell those international.

  18. #78
    iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts

    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

  19. #79
    Hi bro,
    That really nice and i m stuk on Activation my New iPhone 4. It will work on new Apple iPhone 4. or you have any other idea to active iPhone 4 without AT&T . I am forom New Zealand.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbit_ View Post
    God damn I still not sure what to do speak English dude jees
    Yeah and I suppose your English is fantastic Mr. "I still not sure" lol

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •