Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Activation Without Original SIM Card

Quote Originally Posted by spyder2005 View Post
    Why is this anything new? It works with any non-activated SIM card, duh! Ive done it a million times, yet again ask yourself this: "What is this good for?" so you can use your iPhone as an iPod? Congratulations. Pointless. Only Jailbreak and Unlock are of interest. Just sold my iPhone4 for 700 cash today, getting myself a Canadian one, and eventually the jailbreak will be released.
    Congrats man... you're a douchebag.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to socalkevin212 For This Useful Post:

babyblue_pimp (07-18-2010), Blufox (07-18-2010), Cocheese (07-19-2010), defdad (07-18-2010), johnr9412 (07-18-2010), LetsGoCellular (07-18-2010), Nick Hesson (07-19-2010), scooby4 (07-18-2010), swpelchat (07-18-2010), toolwerx (07-18-2010)

I couldn't resist the +thanks for that one.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blufox For This Useful Post:

MPS3 (07-18-2010), socalkevin212 (07-18-2010), swpelchat (07-18-2010)

Neither could I .... for you. lol

this is good stuff. i have a original iphone that has a broken power button that i cannot put to DFU to hacktivate. ill be using this to activate it. now i have a ipod touch.

thanks

I've never had a problem using the sim card from my iPhone to activate any of the phones I repair, about 2-3 a month.

wow this helps out so much when trying to do the brand new out of country iphones!!! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iphone_Reloaded View Post
    this is good stuff. i have a original iphone that has a broken power button that i cannot put to DFU to hacktivate. ill be using this to activate it. now i have a ipod touch.

thanks
    sorry but the original iphone gets activated a different way from 3g 3gs and 4 so i think your still SOL
    Last edited by Gyngabread Man; 07-18-2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

Quote Originally Posted by Iphone_Reloaded View Post

thanks
    Sorry, I don't think its going to work on the first generation iPhone. Those you have to activate differently. Gotta fix your power button first man lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bajesus View Post
    past, not passed
    you're, no your

yeah, it matters
    HAHAHA i love when the grammar police try to correct people, but don't even proof read their own comment. priceless

And this will help for those rare occasions when ATT isn't the official carrier. With spirit in the works, and it not supporting hacktivation. This is well worth the 5 dollars.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by grajasekar View Post
    I can find it on eBay India for the equivalent of $4 lol..

but has anyone confirmed it working on an iPhone 4?

On the ebay, they have a SIm card reader not Sim card.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

u can use any AT&T sim card to activate it
    I get one from ebay cost me about $3 and am all set
    i do it all the time,

I activated my iphone 4. With out even having an AT&T account...

Thanks

Im an idiot..What is the name of sim so I can buy one?

Hold on does this mean you can USE the phone on the sim you put in, or just that you can get past the emergency only screen? Like if you used a tmobile sim could you just go to using a tmobile plan or would you have to jb and really unlock first still?

this just gets you passed the emergency screen it does not unlock it.
    16gb iPhone4 black

If I helped you in anyway please hit thank you.

Thanks

Damn that's easier than hat I did
    I told the AT&T dude that I got a prepaid phone and a prepaid card for my birthday but I don't have a sim card. Left with one for 5 bucks ^_^

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool ... I actually needs this for my 3G.

Where can I purchase one? I looked all over the net couldn't find one

Let me clarify this for everyone that says they just use any AT&T sim card to activate or for those that think that this is nothing new........

This is for someone who buys an iPhone and does not know what carrier it's locked to or just doesn't have a sim card from the carrier that it's locked to.

AT&T is not the only iPhone carrier.

They can buy one of these sim cards and hactivate their phone.

Thanks for the info Sherif!!

Quote Originally Posted by jacobthejokester;
    Damn that's easier than hat I did
    I told the AT&T dude that I got a prepaid phone and a prepaid card for my birthday but I don't have a sim card. Left with one for 5 bucks ^_^
    Yeah I was just about to suggest something similar.

If you go to AT&T & tell them u want to put ur phone on a Go Phone plan they usually give u a sim for free (or 5 bucks ). Just don't let them see ur iPhone because it's the only phone they don't allow Go plans with.

Thanks

So,an unactivated ATT sim card is what I need to buy?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast