Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Activation Without Original SIM Card

I'm facing the same Issue, white screen when connected to iTunes using spirit micro sim, I have used two cards and they gave me the same result.

So I bought a device off someone in ebay, that turned out to be useless, hmm, thankfully i'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by dpanet View Post
    I'm facing the same Issue, white screen when connected to iTunes using spirit micro sim, I have used two cards and they gave me the same result.

So I bought a device off someone in ebay, that turned out to be useless, hmm, thankfully i'm not the only one.
    Try it with NO sim inserted and see if you get the "No sim" message. If not, maybe do a DFU firmware reload and see if that helps?

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Since I have multiple iphone 4s I plan on canceling the contract on one and retesting all these sims to see if a contract has anything to do with it.
    My guess is that it won't - since AT&T will sock you with the $xxx Early Termination Fee, neither they nor Apple cares now. The problem appears to be with phones which NEVER got activated, so I'm thinking yours will stay activated. If you're going to eat the ETF to find out, more power to you
    Last edited by rlsolomon; 08-05-2010 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The original buyer bought the phone from Apple Online Store without activation, so I don't see how my case will differ than the others.

I removed the sim card and it gave me the no sim available message.

I did a DFU as per the instruction below
    DFU - The iPhone Wiki

I cannot do a higher version restore from iTunes since the only command I see when I click on the iPhone icon is Eject.

nothing changed, i'm still prompted for activation screen.
    Last edited by dpanet; 08-05-2010 at 05:18 PM.

Hi
    I am on the other side of this problem - and am looking for the best way to find a solution... Can anyone help?

I sold on Ebay, a sealed, unactivated iPhone 4, that I purchased at the Apple Online Store as upgrade. I am still using a 3GS on that line (and keeping the contract etc.). I just found out today that the person who bought the iphone 4 from me is having the above mentioned problem - and I want to help him.

One suggestion is that I use a remote access (logmein) for me to access the itunes on his computer - and enter my details. The host screen (his screen) would be blacked out. I still haven't fully read up on the security of this - but I do have a different concern.

If I activate the iphone 4 for him - does that mean that he will have any iphone with an active SIM for a phone line on my account? Does that also mean that the SIM in 3GS that I am am using will no longer work?

Does anyone have an idea for a better solution?

UPDATE - I realized that I can just turn off international activity on the phone line - so I won't be vulnerable while he has possession of my phone line. The reactivation of the 3GS I guess is just a necessary inconvenience....
    Last edited by treesrgreen; 08-06-2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by treesrgreen View Post
    If I activate the iphone 4 for him - does that mean that he will have any iphone with an active SIM for a phone line on my account? Does that also mean that the SIM in 3GS that I am am using will no longer work?
    I believe the answer to both questions to be "YES" unfortunately. If he's not in the USA or has a non-AT&T sim in the phone (like the Best Buy O2 sim) then you might be able to avoid the line activating also...

I don't know if anyone knows how this works, but it seems like the iPhone must get activated and then the SIM must get provisioned. You want part 1 without part 2. If there's an already provisioned AT&T SIM in the phone then it seems like part 2 can't happen, but I'm just speculating.

I removed the sim card and it gave me the no sim available message.

I did a DFU

nothing changed, i'm still prompted for activation screen.
    I'm sorry, I misunderstood - when you said "white screen" I thought you meant the iPhone was hung with a white screen, rather than that you were getting the zip/ssn screen.
    Last edited by rlsolomon; 08-05-2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi everybody ,

I have ordered an iphone 4 from ebay (ATT), Received it factory sealed as Unactivated

Any body can add my line for activation then cancel it ??

I have ordered also rebsim , Universal iphone activation card does it work??

I have paid a lot 885 USD !!! All money drained !!I got it as unactivated

help me,

Hi all!

Same problem: bought IPHONE 4 from ebay seller, it is locked AT&T, bought phonebook simcard, and itunes wont activate it!!!!

I have made an upgrade to 4.01 via restore...but nothting change.

Any help would be appreciated.

Those bastards seem to be selling a ticket to haven, but not a smartphone...) Seems so complicated and unfair. Have no idea what you, guys, can do with that!)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ErikiPhone For This Useful Post:

ilvolodel (08-06-2010)

ok I have been reading this thread again n again and I am looking for an answer so can you guys please help me out???...here is my situation....

I have an iPhone 4...when I connect the phone through iTunes...its asking to me to put the last four digits of the social and billing zip code...now what I did was...I took my friends ACTIVATED IPHONE 4 SIM CARD and put the SIM in my UNACTIVATED iphone and iTunes gives me the same message to enter the last four and billing zip code of the phone number which was actually registered with my unactivated SIM!!!....

Is there anyway to by pass this???

Please tell me what do I have to do??

Should I buy an O2 Sim from Best buy? Will it work?

Should I buy a DITS or whatever sim or iphone activation sim??

Should I buy a GO At&T micro sim card??

Can anyone CONFIRM if they were able to bypass the activation screen when ITUNES was asking for a social and billing zip code?

Thanks for your help guys...

Quote Originally Posted by alimehanti View Post
    ok I have been reading this thread again n again and I am looking for an answer so can you guys please help me out???...here is my situation....

I have an iPhone 4...when I connect the phone through iTunes...its asking to me to put the last four digits of the social and billing zip code...now what I did was...I took my friends ACTIVATED IPHONE 4 SIM CARD and put the SIM in my UNACTIVATED iphone and iTunes gives me the same message to enter the last four and billing zip code of the phone number which was actually registered with my unactivated SIM!!!....

Is there anyway to by pass this???

Please tell me what do I have to do??

Should I buy an O2 Sim from Best buy? Will it work?

Should I buy a DITS or whatever sim or iphone activation sim??

Should I buy a GO At&T micro sim card??

Can anyone CONFIRM if they were able to bypass the activation screen when ITUNES was asking for a social and billing zip code?

Thanks for your help guys...
    So why your friend don't give you ZIPCODE and last for digit SSN?
    So you can activate the phone. Otherwise you need phonebook simcard...if it works (for me has never worked.)

Quote Originally Posted by ilvolodel View Post
    So why your friend don't give you ZIPCODE and last for digit SSN?
    So you can activate the phone. Otherwise you need phonebook simcard...if it works (for me has never worked.)
    Because it's under someone elses account and not my friends account....Maybe I am not explaining this right....When I put the iphone 4 with Itunes...it recognizes the phone number for i.e. 630-222-4343 and asks me to enter last four digits and billing zip code...I don't know this information since I got this from ebay...so what I did is I took my friend's sim card who had the iphone 4 with at&t and put it in my phone and I get message with the SAME PHONE NUMBER OF THE FIRST SIM CARD I PUT IN......630-222-4343...even with his sim...and its asking me to put the last four and billing zip code...I don't have that information.....i dont know what to do....please help

Because it's under someone elses account and not my friends account....Maybe I am not explaining this right....When I put the iphone 4 with Itunes...it recognizes the phone number for i.e. 630-222-4343 and asks me to enter last four digits and billing zip code...I don't know this information since I got this from ebay...so what I did is I took my friend's sim card who had the iphone 4 with at&t and put it in my phone and I get message with the SAME PHONE NUMBER OF THE FIRST SIM CARD I PUT IN......630-222-4343...even with his sim...and its asking me to put the last four and billing zip code...I don't have that information.....i dont know what to do....please help
    So sorry now I understand.
    We're in the same situation.

Can some IPHONE 4 genius help me out????? please????

Hmm, i'm not sure if the Dev Team which made the JailBreak are working to solve this issue, apparently most of us who bought it off ebay are facing this dillema, it would be really a shame that you have a device working fully , but it cannot function due to some stupid restrictions put by Apple.

As if someone sold you an expensive car without its keys, and you are left just staring at it without enjoying it.

Hmm, i'm not sure if the Dev Team which made the JailBreak are working to solve this issue
    Statements have been made by members of those teams that bootrom exploits exist - we'd need to help support an implementation that used that to provide "hacktivation". Until then all these phones are dead in the water.

So you need to ask for "hacktivation" for iPhone 4 - which would probably be done if there were a jailbreak which didn't need a running phone.

Arrggghhh! I spoke with Apple support today - and they told me, unprompted, that this is a solution. They said that the phone can be activated by anyone with a valid ATT iphone line.

Have you tried to call Apple Support? Are you in the US? Have you tried to get this sorted out at a ATT store? If your friend has a valid iphone line - then it might be worth a try getting the ATT people to activate 'his' phone on the line.

Maybe it requires a brand new UNACTIVATED IPhone 4 SIM card - and the phone to be activated in your friend's name???

This is a solution that I have been pursuing - so I am waiting to hear your feedback....

Quote Originally Posted by treesrgreen View Post
    Arrggghhh! I spoke with Apple support today - and they told me, unprompted, that this is a solution. They said that the phone can be activated by anyone with a valid ATT iphone line.
    Sure, I believe that to be true - provided that person is eligible for an upgrade - but they will then be agreeing to a further 2yr contract. Apple told me that the phone in question had been purchased at upgrade price and that someone would have to agree to the 2yr contract to activate it. YMMV of course.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree 100% with rlsolomon

Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by rlsolomon View Post
    someone would have to agree to the 2yr contract to activate it. YMMV of course.
    OK - so for clarity remember that I am on the other side of this - I have shipped an unwanted upgrade (that I got thru Apple.com) to someone else...

I have just looked in our ATT account - and the contract has been extended on the ATT phone line that I received the (as yet unactivated) iPhone on. Also, it shows that that line is no longer eligible for an upgrade.

So it seems that agreeing to the ATT 2yr contract extension is implicit in ordering the phone at an upgrade price - even through Apple.com.... In other words the "someone would has to agree to the 2yr contract" is by default the person who ordered the phone.
    Last edited by treesrgreen; 08-06-2010 at 01:37 PM.

guys Apple just changed last night this hacktivation so you will need to wait.
    read sherif @ twitter for more information.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast