+ Reply
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Activation Without Original SIM Card

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by besirovic M8 please tell me did you get SIM card inside iPhone 4 or you had to get pay as go SIM card? Was your iPhone box
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Card in the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by besirovic View Post
    M8 please tell me did you get SIM card inside iPhone 4 or you had to get pay as go SIM card? Was your iPhone box sealed or opened?
    The Phone was box sealed and delivered without SIM card. I brought a card at ebay.

The phone was sold via Apples US online store.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Budweis View Post
    The Phone was box sealed and delivered without SIM card. I brought a card at ebay.

The phone was sold via Apples US online store.
    can you use it to an iphone in another country?like here in the Philippines (iphone globe unit)?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Phone book cards
    Quote Originally Posted by lbd2005 View Post
    i can guarantee you that this kind of sim can activate your iphone including iphone4...tried and tested already...
    Maybe - but not my Iphone 4. Trust me, I used a lot of time on this issue. I don’t think this activation cards can open phones brought from Apple US. Please read the discussion in this forum. I am not the only one with this problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Maybe - but not my Iphone 4. Trust me, I used a lot of time on this issue. I don’t think this activation cards can open phones brought from Apple US. Please read the discussion in this forum. I am not the only one with this problem.
    i tried it already with my friends iphone bought in the US just a while ago and it works...btw, im using the one sim not the phonebook...i have here at&t sim and one sim all the sim works thats why i conclude that this one sim can activate may all iphone...i already tested iphone from GERMANY, KOREA, USA AND dont know the other phone....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Activation
    i tried it already with my friends iphone bought in the US just a while ago and it works...btw, im using the one sim not the phonebook...i have here at&t sim and one sim all the sim works thats why i conclude that this one sim can activate may all iphone...i already tested iphone from GERMANY, KOREA, USA AND dont know the other phone....
    Where is your phone brought in the US? There are 2 kinds of Iphone 4's in the US, one that is bought through Apple and one that is bought through another party like AT&T or Bestbuy. The iphone 4's that come direct from any Apple store are lock-ed to the original account holders ID (SS# etc), the other kind are not locked in the same way. I donīt think the Phonebook card can activate the phone if it is locked to the sellers account.

Please see posting #123. Kiba283īs video shows exactly what happens. I tried with two different activation cards – same result.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Where is your phone brought in the US? There are 2 kinds of Iphone 4's in the US, one that is bought through Apple and one that is bought through another party like AT&T or Bestbuy. The iphone 4's that come direct from any Apple store are lock-ed to the original account holders ID (SS# etc), the other kind are not locked in the same way. I donīt think the Phonebook card can activate the phone if it is locked to the sellers account.

Please see posting #123. Kiba283īs video shows exactly what happens. I tried with two different activation cards – same result.
    that i donnot know...all i know is that his iphone 4 coming from the US...hehehehe...maybe im wrong...but hopefully this sim card can activate...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Activation
    can you use it to an iphone in another country?like here in the Philippines (iphone globe unit)?
    I will guess so. There are a lot of videos showing that the activation cards are working, but there seems to be a problem with the phones from Apple US.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I will guess so. There are a lot of videos showing that the activation cards are working, but there seems to be a problem with the phones from Apple US.
    maybe youre right bro coz you experienced it already...hopefully, wont encounter that kind of problem here in the PHilippines...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do you activate a iphone 4 from retailed apple store
    Could you use the attt card unactivated?
    Could you give me a link to buy one, the cheapest 1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default stuck on home screen
    My phone is locked on the home screen please help i cant even power on or off.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbtlegit View Post
    My phone is locked on the home screen please help i cant even power on or off.
    push home and off button at the same time and wait until the iphone is off and turn it on again...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rlsolomon View Post
    This I don't understand - why not get the info from your "Uncle" and just enter it? Unless he had no intention of honoring the 2yr contract he signed with AT&T, that should have got the phone up and running.
    Exactly - he doesn't want to sign up with AT&T, he just wanted the phone and was waiting for the JB to release so he could use it on Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by besirovic View Post
    M8 please tell me did you get SIM card inside iPhone 4 or you had to get pay as go SIM card? Was your iPhone box sealed or opened?
    It came with a SIM Card.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi!
    I have an AT&T prepaid card bought 2 years ago in a trip in USA.
    It's expired for sure.
    Will work?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a 32gb 3gs just restored to ios 4.0.1. Went out and found the DITS phonebook sim in the video. I can confirm that it DOES NOT WORK to activete the phone as advertised. I have 2 of these sims, neither worked.

Phonebook SIM NOT working for activation

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

IT WORKS!!!!
    got the phonebook sim card, tried on my 3Gs (european) with 4.0.1
    activated, jailbroken and now unlocked.

sherif, you deserve a monument :P

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ok so i cut my sim into microsim and iphone 4 detects it ....but it doesnt activate it ...it says no service at top and when i connect o itunes it says activating and thats it...this is the same sim i use on my 3gs to activate...its the DITs 3 in 1 phonebook sim card

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ngmead View Post
    Not everyone in the world speaks english and not everyone can speak it that good. Deal with it.
    Yea I am born and raised in the USA and so is my wife but she can't understand a word I tell her!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Varmit's Avatar
    Thanks

So basically, a iphone 4 that was purchased by someone who resigned up for another 2 year contract, and the phone is tied to their AT&T account, with the zip code and SS# screen in itunes. It has to be activated by them. There is no way around it?
    iPhone 4 Quote: Its so easy, a caveman can use it!

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yo388 View Post
    ok so i cut my sim into microsim and iphone 4 detects it ....but it doesnt activate it ...it says no service at top and when i connect o itunes it says activating and thats it...this is the same sim i use on my 3gs to activate...its the DITs 3 in 1 phonebook sim card
    Ok what happens when you disconnect the iphone 4 from your computer?

My iPhone is a Part of Me exNavy's Avatar
    Thanks

Now that there is a jailbreak for the iPhone 4 I decided to restore it and see which SIMs would activate it.

I'm in the U.S. my iPhone 4 was purchased in the U.S. and is still under contract with AT&T. The phone was purchased directly from AT&T.

I restored the iPhone 4 with an inactive AT&T SIM in it and it activated it.

I restored the iPhone 4 with an inactive Cingular SIM in it and it activated it.

I restored the iPhone 4 with an O2 (Best Buy) SIM in it and it activated it.

Since I have multiple iPhone 4s I plan on canceling the contract on one and retesting all these SIMs to see if a contract has anything to do with it.

One will be canceled on the 18th, I'll try to update this with results.

EDIT---------------------------------------------------------------------

Canceled one of my iPhone 4s and it says no service now. Restored with 4.0.1 and a Best Buy O2 SIM installed, then an inactive Cingular SIM installed, and a different AT&T SIM installed, and they all activated the phone just fine with the use of TinyUmbrella.
    Last edited by exNavy; 08-19-2010 at 11:06 AM.