+ Reply
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RIM, Nokia Fire Back at Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by a17o17ymous Apple should just admit that their iPhone 4 is flawed in the antenna design. They would have gotten more respect for owning up to their own
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a17o17ymous View Post
    Apple should just admit that their iPhone 4 is flawed in the antenna design. They would have gotten more respect for owning up to their own mistakes rather than trying to bring others to there level.
    It is not really flawed because it turned out they way they wanted it to. You can say it is a bad design choice if that is your opinion(which I would agree with even though mine works fine for me), but for it to be considered a flaw, it would have to differ from their design, unintentionally, through the manufacturing process. That is what the warranty is for. If you think it is a poor design choice, that is what the return policy is for.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thank You Steve. Now the prices on those Isuck 4 are starting to go down like a terd in the toilet. And for the record people. please stop bringing back the Isuck 4 to my damn store. I'm sick and tired of putting up with all this crap. We "tried" to tell you to begin with that it was not worth buying at the moment. Now we have to work twice as hard just to take a return. geez

Thanks

Thumbs down Shut up already!!
    **EDIT CPJR - Useless.**
    Last edited by cpjr; 07-17-2010 at 06:29 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    Thank You Steve. Now the prices on those Isuck 4 are starting to go down like a terd in the toilet. And for the record people. please stop bringing back the Isuck 4 to my damn store. I'm sick and tired of putting up with all this crap. We "tried" to tell you to begin with that it was not worth buying at the moment. Now we have to work twice as hard just to take a return. geez

OK Nostradumbass, you knew before the release the i4 wasn't worth buying? Wow, and you work in retail? You're a genius. Why aren't you working on Wall Street?

Here's a little taste of reality. I've seen the employees that work in "retail". You working twice as hard is still about a tenth of what the rest of society does every day. Obviously with your amazing ability to see the future you already knew I was gonna call you an idiot. It's not the "Isuck". It's the YOU suck. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Look, the phone does not lose bars from gripping it. X marks the spot! Put your finger on the black line between the GSM and the Wifi antenna, and the attenuation changes. That's it. When your on the phone lift your f'n pinky, move it up, and SHUT THE F UP! If your left handed, Ill bet your not ******** at all. IF you are, you're the one full of sh**, not Jobs.

First, learn the difference between your, and you're. It's bad enough you're clueless, but you just look stupid.

Second, there is a problem from holding the phone for many people. So many that people returned their iPhones and Apple just held a News conference on it yesterday. Were you under a rock the last few weeks?

It's like one right after the other. I swear mmi should have an entrance exam before people are allowed to post. Morons.
    Last edited by ronfin44; 07-17-2010 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    Lol I'm an idiot lol your argument don't even justify what your saying..you sir fail at life, go suck the apple tit some more. We all know the dropped call percent and return rate percent at the meeting yesterday was total ******** and made up by apple.
    If we all know, it, then please by all means give some proof. What, there's no proof? What a shocker. You can't just not like a number, and then decide that it must be a lie since you don't like it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    Says a mentally challenged patient.

SO many users do not understand what is going on. Let me repeat, 1.7% out of a 100% are having this problem. Only 1.7%. Now do the math, I'm pretty sure they stated "We sold over 3 Million," if I am wrong, just do 1.7 million and do the math from there. How many users are affected?

This problem is only occurring in now reception areas. Now because of these people think the iPhone 4 sucks. They fail to realize that its the best phone in the market as of now. So what they have no other carriers? So What there 1.7% cases of "death grip" crap going around? Look at the features of the phone, best battery life, best screen quality [Pixel density] best multitouch, [I think I can safely say, strongest built design], gyroscope, multitasking without battery drainage, facetime, best camera in the smartphone market, only 5mp with 720p HD video and picture which looks better than their competitors HTC etc with their 8 Mp cameras. List goes on. Best part, the iPhone is ORIGINAL. Not a rip off like all the others.

If you think the iPhone 4 sucks, all I can say is, you sir need to get a brain. Go ahead return it and get a droid/htc phone, then you will cry back.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to eZStaR For This Useful Post:

durdan1 (07-17-2010)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willie498 View Post
    I can't believe that they could try to bring in other phone companies for there own issue. If they made a mistake, this ISN'T the time to be ganging up on the other phone companies and trying once again to make themselves look cool. Just fix the problem, stop trying to cause lawsuits again....
    How is it "ganging up" if someone can show that other phone have signal issues too? In a previous post I mention 3 phones I had that all had signal issues dependant on how I held them and one I had to keep turning around to get the best signal. 2 palm treo's and a sony Ericsson. At the time I complained but do you think anyone was interested? I was told back then the digital service was not as good as the old analogue. We were told the new digital service will be the best and no more dropped calls. BULL SHEEET!!

Where was all this hoopla back 5-6 years ago when I had this problem? There was no forum like this I could complain on. They all do it. I bought a $180 digital pocket radio and unless the antenna is fully extended and I don't have it anywhere near my body, it works, now and then. This is all a crock and all I see here is that everyone wants to shoot Bambi. But you know what, they're all the same.

Thanks

look pal. First of all, i know the difference between your and you're. I did not know that i was writing an article for the press that would be criticized for proper grammar. This is just a forum blog. Secondly, no. I haven't been under a rock, or i would not have mentioned the quote by steve jobs "x" marks the spot"". Thirdly, before you call someone a moron, get your facts straight, and reflect on your own personal issues that let you fly off at the mouth using colorful metaphors which makes you look stupid! I have written 22 apps which are all approved on the app store and have earned over $40,000 so far programming in objective c in my spare time. Sorry that you are just a pissed off scared little boy, worker drone who has nothing better to do with your time, except sh** through of your mouth. Do us all a favor. Go cry and whine to someone who gives a sh** about your ignorance and condescending tone and childish outbursts. Learn to be tactful and show some character.

you just got pwned!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zmanforever For This Useful Post:

flash66 (07-17-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone treble26's Avatar
    Thanks

its funny because i tried to replicate the antenna issue with my iphone 3g, 3gs, my motorola, my sisters blackberry and my brothers nokia and i havent even been able to make either phone lose 1 signal bar. hmmm.....i wonder what new phone im going to get next??

Thanks

Look Pal. First of all, I know the difference between Your and You're. I did not know that I was writing an article for the press that would be criticized for proper grammar. This is just a forum blog. Secondly, no. I haven't been under a rock, or I would not have mentioned the quote by Steve Jobs "X" marks the spot"" at the press conference I attended yesterday. Thirdly, before you call someone a moron, get your facts straight, and reflect on your own personal issues that let you fly off at the mouth using colorful metaphors which makes YOU look STUPID! I have written 22 apps which are all approved on the app store, and have earned over $40,000 so far programming in objective C IN MY SPARE TIME. Sorry that you are just a pissed off, scared little boy, worker drone who has nothing better to do with YOUR time, except SH** through of your mouth. Do us all a favor. Go cry, and whine to someone who gives a SH** about your ignorance, condescending tone, and childish outbursts.Learn to be tactful and show some character. "YOU'RE" looking pretty stupid to me bud!
    Look, the phone does not lose bars from gripping it. X marks the spot! Put your finger on the black line between the GSM and the Wifi antenna, and the attenuation changes. That's it. When your on the phone lift your f'n pinky, move it up, and SHUT THE F UP! If your left handed, Ill bet your not ******** at all. IF you are, you're the one full of sh**, not Jobs.

Clearly you know the difference

You should write an app that spell checks next. Knock it out champ. Also, should I scan a copy of my EIN and and tax info for this year now since you'd like to have a "look at me" contest? You don't impress me. You're angry you got called-out and tried to deflect the attention away from your original post. Using "your" instead of "you're" isn't a typo, and I'm glad you're not writing an article for the Press with mistakes like that. Then saying the phone doesn't lose any bars from gripping it?! You're an idiot. If that statement was actually factual we wouldn't have this thread. Now run along Professor. You have apps to code. (riiight) *yawn*
    Last edited by ronfin44; 07-17-2010 at 05:44 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post

You should write an app that spell checks next. Knock it out champ. Also, should I scan a copy of my EIN and and tax info for this year now since you'd like to have a "look at me" contest? You don't impress me. You're angry you got called-out and tried to deflect the attention away from your original post. Using "your" instead of "you're" isn't a typo, and I'm glad you're not writing for an article for the Press with mistakes like that. Then saying the phone doesn't lose any bars from gripping it?! You're an idiot. If that statement was actually factual we wouldn't have this thread. Now run along Professor. You have apps to code. (riiight) *yawn*
    ok all this arguing about miss spelling a word is stupid. the guy clearly doesnt care if he typed your or you're. why do you have to make such a big deal about it? if you read it you know what the guy means. look im going to type "you" with just "u" but i dont mean the "u" from the alphabet. who cares about what he typed and what he didnt type. just comment on the topic and forget about typing errors.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to treble26 For This Useful Post:

flash66 (07-17-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by treble26 View Post
    its funny because i tried to replicate the antenna issue with my iphone 3g, 3gs, my motorola, my sisters blackberry and my brothers nokia and i havent even been able to make either phone lose 1 signal bar. hmmm.....i wonder what new phone im going to get next??
    Do you have an iPhone 4? If you can do it on your iPhone 4 then the other phones will do it. To my surprise, my 3Gs does it. Depends on signal strength. I never noticed it in the year I had it. When I saw that my 3GS did it, it blew the whole iphone 4 design flaw theory away. For me anyways.

Thanks

ok all this arguing about miss spelling a word is stupid. the guy clearly doesnt care if he typed your or you're. why do you have to make such a big deal about it? if you read it you know what the guy means. look im going to type "you" with just "u" but i dont mean the "u" from the alphabet. who cares about what he typed and what he didnt type. just comment on the topic and forget about typing errors.
    You didn't read his original statement. That's only part of why I called him an idiot. He said that there's NO bar dropping when you hold the phone. That's right, none whatsoever. This must be a huge conspiracy, oh, and if you do experience some bars dropping his solution was to "lift your ef'ing pinky and stfu" to quote. That's the genius you're defending. Before you come to the aid of someone do a little more reading, because this guy being intelligent is hilarious with statements like that.

Thanks

You didn't read his original statement. That's only part of why I called him an idiot. He said that there's NO bar dropping when you hold the phone. That's right, none whatsoever. This must be a huge conspiracy, oh, and if you do experience some bars dropping his solution was to "lift your ef'ing pinky and stfu" to quote. That's the genius you're defending. Before you come to the aid of someone do a little more reading, because this guy being intelligent is hilarious with statements like that.
    i wasnt defending the guy. i was talking about the misspelling of words. i just think its pointless to argue about something like that

Thanks

You should write an app that spell checks next. Knock it out champ. Also, should I scan a copy of my EIN and and tax info for this year now since you'd like to have a "look at me" contest? You don't impress me. You're angry you got called-out and tried to deflect the attention away from your original post. Using "your" instead of "you're" isn't a typo, and I'm glad you're not writing an article for the Press with mistakes like that. Then saying the phone doesn't lose any bars from gripping it?! You're an idiot. If that statement was actually factual we wouldn't have this thread. Now run along Professor. You have apps to code. (riiight) *yawn*
    Angry? Not.. Your ignorance and name calling is not worth the energy to get angry over. Your display of ignorance is stellar, as is your display of character. I didn't know minors can have a EIN! I was simply letting you know that I'm not living under a rock as you so eloquently put it. But have extensive knowledge of the coding for iPhone, and not just some loud mouth who elaborates on articles he reads, and demeanors others opinions with name calling. As far as I'm concerned, this is pointless. Go cry to your Mommy, and don;t waste my time!

Thanks

i wasnt defending the guy. i was talking about the misspelling of words. i just think its pointless to argue about something like that
    Lets be clear. He didn't misspell anything. That's not a spelling mistake. It's not a typo when you use a completely different word. You don't "misspell" a contraction. I only pointed that out on top of his statement that the "bar drop" doesn't exist at all and if you lose a few bars you should "lift your ef'ing pinky and stfu". Yeah, that's clearly the statement of someone well educated, so I'm not surprised his grammar matches his ignorance on this topic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DontBeJealous View Post
    Do you have an iPhone 4? If you can do it on your iPhone 4 then the other phones will do it. To my surprise, my 3Gs does it. Depends on signal strength. I never noticed it in the year I had it. When I saw that my 3GS did it, it blew the whole iphone 4 design flaw theory away. For me anyways.
    its not out in canada yet. my friend is going to wait inline for it but i wont. but quick question, how will it make a difference if i have the iphone 4 or not? will my other phones lose signal bars when doing the antenna test after i acquire the iphone 4? if it does then i think the iphone 4 is doing something fishy to the other phones lol. im still going to do the test when my friend gets the iphone 4.

Thanks

Angry? Not.. Your ignorance and name calling is not worth the energy to get angry over. Your display of ignorance is stellar, as is your display of character. I didn't know minors can have a EIN! I was simply letting you know that I'm not living under a rock as you so eloquently put it. But have extensive knowledge of the coding for iPhone, and not just some loud mouth who elaborates on articles he reads, and demeanors others opinions with name calling. As far as I'm concerned, this is pointless. Go cry to your Mommy, and don;t waste my time!
    You telling people to "lift your ef'ing pinky and stfu" if they experience any signal loss is why you're an idiot. Keep trying to deflect away from that little gem. You're uneducated, and you were called-out on that bold statement Captain Clever. You didn't know the difference between "your" and "you're" and replied with a tantrum trying to prove how smart you are by telling us irrelevant info about some games you "supposedly" wrote for the App store. I call BS by the way. Oh hold on a second, I have a call. I better lift my pinky so it doesn't drop. Thanks for that awesome tip Professor!

Thanks

Lets be clear. He didn't misspell anything. That's not a spelling mistake. It's not a typo when you use a completely different word. You don't "misspell" a contraction. I only pointed that out on top of his statement that the "bar drop" doesn't exist at all and if you lose a few bars you should "lift your ef'ing pinky and stfu". Yeah, that's clearly the statement of someone well educated, so I'm not surprised his grammar matches his ignorance on this topic.
    ok ok whatever. i can clearly see myself getting more involved with this issue. so seeing how i dont want to make thing go on any further, im going to slowly back away turn the other way and disappear lol.

Thanks

ok ok whatever. i can clearly see myself getting more involved with this issue. so seeing how i dont want to make thing go on any further, im going to slowly back away turn the other way and disappear lol.
    It's cool. Just remember to lift your pinky when you're on a call so you wont lose any reception. This guy should've called Apple and told Steve that a few days ago. lol