Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RIM, Nokia Fire Back at Apple

Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    Spoken like a true apple fanboy, when you see SJ ask him why he lies about statistics that everyone knows is BS cause we all know he's full of ****. I for one know if iPhone was never able to be jailbroken or had people to jailbreak it apple would lose a lot of it's sales...who wants a locked down expensive iPod they can't do nothing with...I sure don't.
    Spoken like a true idiot. Got to love the philosophy of, if I'm not happy with a statistic then I will just call whoever said the number a liar. I personally believe everything that the RIM CEO said to be a lie. Everyone knows it's total BS. Just a bunch of blabber from a moron who will spout off personal opinions unverifiable statements such as the iPhone would never sell if it wasn't for jailbreaking. Give me a break idiot.

Thanks

I'm holding my phone, bumperless, in the "death grip" right now..... and I have 5 bars.

Yeah, Apple could have handled it better, but get a bumper or get a refund and drop it already.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to McMike For This Useful Post:

TheOrioles33 (07-17-2010)

I am no expert on other phones BUT i know 10-15 adults and a couple of friends who have blackbery's and they've never complained EVER about reception. Also i agree with RIM Exec. Apple throwing other companies under the bus is wrong, aren't they supposed to have the BEST phone? But now i'm tagged as a hater by some. O well, ill go bac to my San Fransisco house, drink a Starbucks frapp and play on my mac and pretend everything is alright like the rest of u fanbois.

I tried it on my brothers Blackberry Bold 9700, and Steve was right!
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Well here is a Motorola Droid X with the problem...or so it seems...although the video is kind of crappy and shot by a child who somehow got his dad's phone .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFc9vnocIzQ]YouTube - Antenna Issue with Droid X[/ame]
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Here is my GF's Sony Ericsson K800i this bugger never looses signal.

I must say my iPhone sitting in the same place and has less bars. (same network)

now as you can see in the shot taken with my 3Gs that she has 4 bars out of 5 constant.
    http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/5594/img0008.jpg

now on my 3Gs you can see i have 2 bars and I'm on iOS4 (so I'm meant to have more than i should)
    http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/820/img0007.png

in general iPhone have crap reception there built to be a phone last.

now don't get me wrong i love my 3Gs cant see my self leaving it as i have spent a lot of money on apps from the app store, but i would have left this long ago if it wasn't for the app store in my eye this saved the iPhone and still does to this day.
    Last edited by rocky5; 07-17-2010 at 09:35 AM.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

Apple only has a few years of making phones. They have no right to try and bring RIM and Nokia in to Apple's mistake.

Steve reminds me of an immature kid that finally says he made a mistake, but he has to say others make mistakes to, just to make himself try to feel and look better.

Honestly, I really have lost trust in apple. Thank God my 3GS works fine but... How can I trust apple products from now on why their way of dealing such important issues is just pointing fingers at others?
    Just so unfortunate.

People said they didn't have that problem with death grip and and have 5 bars on it because they are the area with much signal. Try where you have 2or 3 bars and you see what happens. I tested myself and that's the fact. Place like ATT and Apple store, they boost their signal so strong that it will not affect the Death grip.

Thanks

anyone watched the signal video on apple website? i notice they dont let the phone signal drop dead they get it to 1 bar then let go right away..other phones they seem to hold it longer..

my fix for iphone 4 would be make the antenna internal all the way around inside the frame were it cant be touched/bridge and make the frame one piece with no rubber gaps..
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

apple should already stop with the "other phones antenna problems" and face it that their phone has a poor engineering design.
    this is my first time hearing about an antenna problem. i didn't know that and "antenna" existed till i meet the iphone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Oh Please
    Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    I did find it interesting that he named nokia and motorola yet he didn't give any examples for either of the two, nor does the website. Being that they are two huge names in the global cell market you would think that it would be a given to show they're victims of the same problems.
    Why does apple explain other phone issues. They are just pissed that Apple is presenting to everyone that the media chooses not to. This editor from this website seems to be all anti Apple.
    Why cant we all just get along.

Check out this video on you tube it may make you smile .... a little for those anti-apple.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKIcaejkpD4&hd=1[/ame]

iPhone? More like MyPhone hancoma's Avatar
    Thanks

First off:
    My wife has the death grip issue, but only if I grip exceedingly tighter than normal.
    However, EVERY IPHONE, or any phone I have ever had I always buy a case for....everyone I have ever seen with an iphone has a case for it.
    Seriously, I have never seen anyone use their Iphone without a case.
    I believe Apple chose design over functionality with this current iteration of Iphone builds...assuming everyone would have cases and not be an issue.
    For all others that do not have a case and use their Iphone without one because they enjoy the 'sleek, sexy' feel...I agree the issue should be resolved, but will the 'recall' or 'fix' be one that reduces the enjoyment of the 'sleek, sexy' device?
    BTW I also have a Blackberry, and was able to duplicate a 'death grip', but only if I held the phone in a way that is out of the norm.
    This is an industry issue, but is exacerbated by Apple with design over functionality.

Thanks

Default Please!! Some people just love Drama
    Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    Thank god RIM called Apple out on their BS. I really can't believe that a multi-billion dollar international corporation like Apple would resort to "Antenna issue? Oh, well uh.....HAY LOOK AT THESE OTHER PHONES!!! THEY HAVE RECEPTION ISSUES TOO!! A Fix? Oh, well uh.....FREE CASES, FOR EVERYONE!!" And what was hilarious was when one of the reporters there sat there with his Blackberry Bold during the Q&A and was unable to replicate the reception issue, all Steve Jobs could say was "You may not see it in certain areas." So the Blackberry Bold (which Apple bashed in their press conference) only has reception issues in 100 million dollar testing facilities, while the iPhone 4 only has reception issues everywhere else on the face of the planet? Really don't see myself buying the iPhone 5 after all this.
    Yea he did he not have any issue. Like Jobs and other have said it happens in weak reception areas ONLY !!!!!!!!!. Sure lets distort the facts that were stated. Hey let's just make up a new story. If you don't like your iphone for take it back.
    Last edited by atm_10142k; 07-17-2010 at 10:04 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    Well here is a Motorola Droid X with the problem...or so it seems...although the video is kind of crappy and shot by a child who somehow got his dad's phone .

YouTube - Antenna Issue with Droid X
    Um yea in the video the kid is using a damaged Droid X and is getting a replacement soon.

Read the youtube comments to confirm, that video does not count since they are giving him a brand new Droid X, he is showing off a damaged phone.

In the comments many are telling him to change the name to Damaged Droid X.

And I have a iPhone 4 I will never touch Android, because I like Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderguy84 View Post
    Spoken like a true idiot. Got to love the philosophy of, if I'm not happy with a statistic then I will just call whoever said the number a liar. I personally believe everything that the RIM CEO said to be a lie. Everyone knows it's total BS. Just a bunch of blabber from a moron who will spout off personal opinions unverifiable statements such as the iPhone would never sell if it wasn't for jailbreaking. Give me a break idiot.
    Lol I'm an idiot lol your argument don't even justify what your saying..you sir fail at life, go suck the apple tit some more. We all know the dropped call percent and return rate percent at the meeting yesterday was total ******** and made up by apple.
    Last edited by Venom1234; 07-17-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocky5 View Post
    The only reason I bought an iPod touch, iPhone 3G and my 3Gs and when I say bought I mean full price no contract crap.

But I know that apple are not a good company every one knows, they pick on little companies willy-nilly or any one that questions them.

In my eyes
    Macs = simplicity
    PC's = user choice, advanced

But this is my opinion I will never purchase a mac as I have no need, no pc crashes no slowdown pc runs super quick and I can play the latest games all for half the price of a basic mac.

So unless your not a comp guru or you just want something that you can flaunt about and say hey look at me I bought a mac then get one.

And I know this because my M8 wants one not for it's performance or the OS but to say I HAVE A MAC which I find sad.

I don't go about shouting I have a iPhone, loooooook at meeeeeeee I'm amazing.

IPhone great device but not so good phone lol you know it has to perform 100% at being a phone, if it doesn't then it's just an iPot wrongly named.
    I thought this feed was the Iphone 4 issue the editor from this website chooses not to let go.
    Now its about PC versus MAC from what this person said.

If Apple were to release a macbook with dead pixels and come up with a solution like a free VGA cable so you can hook it up to an external monitor and there would be people out there that would accept it as a solution. It's pretty sad how people will stick up for Apple and think they can do no wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Teoyaomqui View Post
    I'll be doing the same.

iPhone4 is my last apple product I'll ever buy and am even thinking of returning it.

That was just plain wrong.

Their credibility got shatter.
    might as well go return it soon to avoid any fees.

Thanks

Apple relating other phones to say they are the same antenna problems is not so far out, they want to make the Apple image to the investors seem more clean.

Yesterdays conference and press being shown the secret Apple Black Labs was to do all of this, just make the investors happier.

Sure this is a problem and if it is to much for you to handle and just can not grasp the idea of using a 30$ item to protect your at minimum 199$ investment from bad signal grip issues, and now since the case will be free and you can still not handle covering a iPhone 4 with a case well return it for full refund.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast