+ Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RIM, Nokia Fire Back at Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
^^ exactly. thank you.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

^^ exactly. thank you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teoyaomqui View Post
    I'll be doing the same.

iPhone4 is my last apple product I'll ever buy and am even thinking of returning it.

That was just plain wrong.

Their credibility got shatter.
    Yup also call me crazy, but something about the videos looks really fishy.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The great fall of Apple

Of all companies, apple should know, they are the newbies in the phone industry... They got a little cocky and called out EVERYONE. hahaha bad move.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

24trepid (07-17-2010), szr (07-17-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's not 1,500 out of 3 million. That's just the count of the people who complained...take into account the other million that tried calling to complain but dropped their calls, or the rest that have the problem, saw there was a documented issue and chose not to waste an hour on the phone waiting to hear "you should get a bumper". I knew my phone had a problem because I keep up with the news, but it was pointless to call and complain...however I was brutally honest with friends and coworkers that asked "is it worth it? Do u like it". "yes. I love it, it's a million times better than my 3G, all features have become more efficient and aesthetically pleasing, however as a phone, without my case it blows otherwise it's well worth the $200 upgrade.".

Apple's behavior throughout this ordeal is horrendous, however the product IMO is great. Not meaning to argue just give other views. Have a great day all.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to h4ndcuffed For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (07-17-2010), luvmytj (07-17-2010), szr (07-17-2010), vinaygoel2000 (07-17-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As long as there are apple fanboys who get off on caressing their new phones then apple won't hurt as much. But hopefully normal people can see past their BS and see the bad apple for what its worth and contest with their feet and walk away from apple. Adios Apple! I do love how bJobs makes fun of REAL phone makers, not new kids on the block like him. I'm sure Motorola know a few things about antennas especially as they were used in warfare and calling in airstikes against the vietcong...etc. And the rest have a bunch of patents. As Nokia said - true its a problem but place the antenna where no one will hold it - top or bottom - apple nevet thought of this in their million$ facility?. Perhaps apple need some lefthanded scientists to avoid this problem and their now tarnished reputation.

iPhone? More like MyPhone senas8's Avatar
    Thanks

Well ****. I bought a newspaper and left it outside. It rained that night, and now I can't read it... the words are smudged.
    There is no reason to do something anonymously if it is believed to be legal and it will benefit our rights.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Beautiful the way I see it apple has done no wrong they shown full blown proof that the iPhone isn't the only phone that has that flaw and for all u aholes dissing the iPhone return it and go buy a blackberry it will give u same issue also I'm betting that another company is the culprit for starting this issue so I don't blame apple for cracking at anyone the i4

Beautiful the way I see it apple has done no wrong they shown full blown proof that the iPhone isn't the only phone that has that flaw and for all u aholes dissing the iPhone return it and go buy a blackberry it will give u same issue also I'm betting that another company is the culprit for starting this issue so I don't blame apple for cracking at anyone the i4 is great no problems accept reading bout u morons whining like babies
    Last edited by Thailocalguy808; 07-17-2010 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone senas8's Avatar
    Thanks

Exactly..."It's very simple: you have a defective iPhone, so take it back! Either get a new phone or get your money back. End of story. Complaining about it here will do nothing for anyone."
    There is no reason to do something anonymously if it is believed to be legal and it will benefit our rights.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it just me... Or is anyone else so TOTALLY SICK of this crap?? We all know their is a design flaw in the i4s attenna.... Personally this flaw does not affect me at all, for others it does. For those it does affect, u get a free bumper, which will completely solve any problems
    U might have. If this does not please u, u can return your phone.... It's very simple people.

I personally believe the iphone4 is probably the coolest, most awesome thing I have ever bought! And of course I have a case on it!! It costs $600!!! Who the hell wouldn't buy a case!

Perhaps this is apples own fault though, not just by the design flaw, but by how THEY have made people hate apple. I used to be one of those people...I used to hate apple and everything it made. Then those PC vs MAC commercials started, and i hated apple even more, lying in there commercials, acting as if anyone with a Mac was cooler than someone with a PC....

My personal belief is there r still a lot of apple hatred out there still (a problem they created all on their own) and now it's biting them in the butt.

I personally believe this is a big reason why Apple is such a huge target in the media, and the reason why this antenna problem Is being so blown out of proportion. ALOT of people HATE apple, the media knows this... So they r going to take shots when given the opportunity...guaranteed.
    Last edited by iLoveWindows&iPhone; 07-17-2010 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Forgot somethin

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My iphone 4 is not affected by the way I hold it. It has had the best reception of most phones I have had, and I work in a basement of a 20 story building. I will sure as hell take my free bumper though.

Thanks
    My BB Bold does in fact lose signal when held similarly to the iPhone.

Has anyone been truly affected by this? If so, I'm sorry. However, as a wireless admin for over 3000 users I can firmly say that no one I know has experienced this issue including myself.

Less than a 2% return rate? It must not be affecting as many people as we initially thought. Blown WAY out of proportion by haters and douche bags who weren't able to get an iPhone 4 at release.

Put the haterade down...
    White iPhone 4S - 32GB
    Black iPhone 4 - 32GB
    White iPad 2 - 32GB
    MacBook Air 1.86 Ghz OSx Lion

14. The Following User Says Thank You to arniecabral For This Useful Post:

Brinky (07-17-2010)

Thanks

For a respected company like Apple not to take responsibility for their failings and clear up their mess once and for all, but instead resort to making false and unfounded accusations and try to drag others into the mud with themselves is despicable to say the least!!!

Sincerely, I've had it with the way Apple (in particular Steve Jobs -maybe it's time for him to bow out his obnoxious self from the scene??) conducts themselves and it'll really take divine intervention and something really out of this world from Apple to get me to buy another iPhone after this iPhone 4....if android ups their ante and gives Apple a run for it's phones, they can count on winning me over!! At least I won't have to jailbreak it before it attains full potential!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love almost every Apple product out there today and probably couldn't bear to return my iPhone 4 unless I have another iphone replacement in hand (for the moment at least)...all I'm saying is: 'fess up Apple, make amends properly and move on...
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 07-17-2010 at 02:55 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iLaw-One For This Useful Post:

redwolf (07-17-2010)

Thanks

Curious, I watched the press conference from Apples site and they didn't include the Q&A...I figured they decided not to include it for a reason lol. Anywhere online where I can see that part...that was the main thing I wanted to see was to hear what people would ask him and of course they left that part out of it.
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Thanks

So I'm guessing iphone 5's great new feature is an antenna that works.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    See this is what I don't understand about some people on here your so quick to turn on apple when they do something wrong, the only reason this has hit the fan is because the media have thrown the book at te basically when what Apple have said with releasing the information on the other phones is that it doesn't just happen with our phone, tbh I have never ever had a problem with my phone, as I have had a case and screen protector on since purchase, but even if I didn't I wouldn't be aiming the blame at Apple, I have a few smartphones in my house and they all do it, so I don't understand why your all going off on one, it is a design problem in all smartphones... Get over it... Even if you went and got yourself a new smartphone no doubt it would happen with that one too, as Steve has said the algoritham that companies use varies, there is no standard..so some companies could be displaying 5 bars when really you have dropped to 2, I think really that some of you need to face facts and as the song said.... If you don't like it... Don't buy it.... If you got one and don't want it...take it back... The problem will be there with any smartphone you get so please just grow up a bit and think about what has actually been said. They didn't have to give everyone a free case but to show that they care about customer satisfaction they are giving every single user one! Come on that is major! The amount of money they are going to loose because of something that effects all smartphones!

I am absolutely fine with mine..and a free case is a bonus, if you don't like it just listen to the song...

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

Not the best of moves by Apple, but also not surprising either

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thailocalguy808 View Post
    Beautiful the way I see it apple has done no wrong they shown full blown proof that the iPhone isn't the only phone that has that flaw and for all u aholes dissing the iPhone return it and go buy a blackberry it will give u same issue also I'm betting that another company is the culprit for starting this issue so I don't blame apple for cracking at anyone the i4

Beautiful the way I see it apple has done no wrong they shown full blown proof that the iPhone isn't the only phone that has that flaw and for all u aholes dissing the iPhone return it and go buy a blackberry it will give u same issue also I'm betting that another company is the culprit for starting this issue so I don't blame apple for cracking at anyone the i4 is great no problems accept reading bout u morons whining like babies
    WOW!! A stereo post, or is it in 3D?

Look, My Palm Treo 650, same problem and it had a protruding antenna 4-5 years ago. Then I got a Treo 700, same issue, no external antenna, it was a P.O.S. Sony Ericsons T610, same again. Why is this news now?? Why didn't my issues get THIS attention? Dumb choice to put your antenna on the outside and part of the frame, but hang 'em all for this problem I say. Funny to notice all of the negative post come from XP/Vista/Windows 7 users. There isn't a hidden agenda with you guys is there? FYI I use Linux

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

<-lives in Hawaii and has a bunch of friends in Ohio.... No one I know has experienced a "death grip" call drop. No one I know has experienced the death grip aside from seeing 5 bars drop to 2... Prior to the 4.0.1 update. People are making this an issue because the media loves to see Goliath fall.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Modmyi staff, can u keep us informed when/if other competitors post a response? I'm interested!

Thx for this

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

i just think that apple sold 3 million iphone 4 in such a short time that the small percentage of people that have the problem all come out and say it at once. im not saying that apple didn't treat things correctly they could have gone and said "right, we screwed up on our algorithm for the bars and we messed up with the antenna not being covered by something to help with reception" they could have said that they will try and fix the issues in a upcoming model of the iPhone 4 that will address the issues that users have
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard