+ Reply
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RIM, Nokia Fire Back at Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
my area is pretty low signal most of the time. i never drop bars when holding the phone. the only time i experience "death grip" is when im in GREAT
    Green Apple
    Thanks

my area is pretty low signal most of the time. i never drop bars when holding the phone.

the only time i experience "death grip" is when im in GREAT coverage with 3G. if i hold it on that spot i can get two-three bars to drop, but i never lose a signal, and it never stops data from sending/receiving.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

people still complaining about the death grip issue? you were given two options to choose from. So either return it and get your money back or keep it and shutup about it until there is a fix for it.
    I Take Three L's To The Head...Love, Live, Life then I'm Dead

Thanks

Do people seriously believe that Apple is not working on a real fix for this? QQ on the Internet gets old fast. They pushed the free case/bumper and full return options until September 31st for a reason. This is not a date they pulled out of their ***, but a soft deadline for them to try to fully recreate and fix the problem so that future production runs do not have this issue. This is called a voluntary recall. Instead of biting the bullet on all 3 million phones that have been shipped, they will only have to eat a small percentage of them. Many companies have done this in the past. If you are not happy with your iPhone 4, then return it, wait until they have completed the hardware fix, and then look at repurchasing. Asking for instant results is just ridiculous. They are giving you very reasonable options for temporarily solving the issue. Plenty of people will use cases or bumpers and be perfectly satisfied with their devices. If you are not one of those people then get over yourself and return the faulty product. This isn't the first time a product has rolled out with flaws.

Thanks

Now, if I could move the Internet in the Trash and delete it...
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Green Apple
    Thanks

LOL.

YEA RIGHT NOKIA!

Nokia must be the better company here. They OBVIOUSLY have scientists studying how play music, surf the web, and text.....in 1998

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    Thank god RIM called Apple out on their BS. I really can't believe that a multi-billion dollar international corporation like Apple would resort to "Antenna issue? Oh, well uh.....HAY LOOK AT THESE OTHER PHONES!!! THEY HAVE RECEPTION ISSUES TOO!! A Fix? Oh, well uh.....FREE CASES, FOR EVERYONE!!" And what was hilarious was when one of the reporters there sat there with his Blackberry Bold during the Q&A and was unable to replicate the reception issue, all Steve Jobs could say was "You may not see it in certain areas." So the Blackberry Bold (which Apple bashed in their press conference) only has reception issues in 100 million dollar testing facilities, while the iPhone 4 only has reception issues everywhere else on the face of the planet? Really don't see myself buying the iPhone 5 after all this.
    Well not to put a jab in your side , my brother has a blackberry bold and I was able to recreate the death grip in many different areas with his phone! Just saying!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trialnterror View Post
    Well not to put a jab in your side , my brother has a blackberry bold and I was able to recreate the death grip in many different areas with his phone! Just saying!
    I call BS...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    I call BS...
    The iPhone 4 is the same way. I can recreate the death grip at home but unable to else where or at least everywhere I have tried.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You read it wrong...I was quoting what you said about flash and letting him know he got pwned by you...lol

I totally agree
    My mistake, and apologies.

Thanks

Love em or hate em. %^|]

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    My mistake, and apologies.
    Np

Green Apple
    Thanks

All I have to say about all of this is that I gave Apple a chance when I bought my 3gs and I love it so much that I was truly excited about the iPhone 4. I waited until after launch to see what little kinks would be in the phone (since every new phone has a few, even if minor) so I could determine if the phone was worth my money. Now that such a major problem exists and Apple has the audacity to actually blame the end user for "holding it incorrectly" and then pointing out that other phones have the same problem (even though most people in the real world can't replicate it), I have lost all respect for Apple. Not only that, I found myself at Verizon yesterday with my wife looking to get us two Android phones. So for anyone thinking that "Apple won't lose any sales over this", you are a naive fool. I can assure you of two sales they are currently losing out on. Apple should have recalled these phones when the reports were first out...or better yet, maybe they should have...I don't know, made a call or two on it before they mass produced them.

Sorry I forgot to quote the person I was referring to in my reply above.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    this just adds to the hype and trust me apple wont sell any less number of iphone 4s, heck im still waiting on the release of the white ones so i can buy mine. its all news that keeps apple and the iPhone 4 in the spotlight
    Last edited by rruready; 07-18-2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rruready View Post
    All I have to say about all of this is that I gave Apple a chance when I bought my 3gs and I love it so much that I was truly excited about the iPhone 4. I waited until after launch to see what little kinks would be in the phone (since every new phone has a few, even if minor) so I could determine if the phone was worth my money. Now that such a major problem exists and Apple has the audacity to actually blame the end user for "holding it incorrectly" and then pointing out that other phones have the same problem (even though most people in the real world can't replicate it), I have lost all respect for Apple. Not only that, I found myself at Verizon yesterday with my wife looking to get us two Android phones. So for anyone thinking that "Apple won't lose any sales over this", you are a naive fool. I can assure you of two sales they are currently losing out on. Apple should have recalled these phones when the reports were first out...or better yet, maybe they should have...I don't know, made a call or two on it before they mass produced them.

Sorry I forgot to quote the person I was referring to in my reply above.
    Found yourself at Verizon? Very existential.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Found yourself at Verizon? Very existential.
    Well, I said I found myself at Verizon but what I meant to say was that my teleportation is off a little and I ended up in Verizon

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rruready For This Useful Post:

mortopher (07-18-2010)

Thanks

I call BS...
    Go get a bold n try it yourself or better yet I'll post it on YouTube under my username trialnterror

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Thanks.
    You know what's really funny? This was supposed to be fun.*
    All I said "on topic" was that the phone loses signal simply by having your finger on the sweet spot which is where attenuation
    becomes a problem. Not from a grip, but your pinky which covers that exact spot while on a call, if lifted will not effect signal loss. *This is confirmed, and I was rudely called a moron *for a confirmed fact. * Off topic judgement of proper grammar is not what this forum is for, and name calling is childish. *I was criticized for just an improper conjecture in my post, and you not understanding facts of what I posted which led to your 8th grade name calling that led to a moderator to step in. Even though I may have been following this forum since it's inception, it's not even worth it to try and contribute with ignorant people, taking off topic stabs at someones intellectual capacity. *You may think I'm Pwned or what ever, but in all seriousness, I have better things to do in real life than geek out over a toy, and whine about it. Like I would actually get upset about someone creating a typo or an improper use of grammar. While you're posting your ignorance in geekanease, I'll be having relationships with girls loser. *Not playing with my toy gadget all the time. I bet you have 10000 friends on myspace, because that's what losers do. I was finished with this thread due to it's immaturity, but again more childish posts to follow, even after you were warned in a moderators PM about your conduct. *Good riddance*you can say, but I will*not continue to be amongst children that lash out verbally in a high school context of criticism that is rediculous at the least, and*off topic of what we're hear for. *So props to you Ronfin and venom. You both get ice cream and a diaper change! Bye children and good riddance. *
    Last edited by flash66; 07-18-2010 at 05:53 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple knows there is a problem, and eventually those with "no problem" will call (or try to call) apple care :P

You'll see. :P

I'm going to replace my ip4 tomorrow and we'll see.

Don't tell me about the area as I already know this and it has very little to do with this whole situation. As I said b4, in MY area there was always a good signal, since the tower is just around the corner, so... did they move the tower and I get dropped calls all of the sudden? I don't think so, I can see the tower from where I'm sitting now, my chair! :P I lived here for few year, never had problem with the reception b4 nor with dropped call - I didn't know it was possible!

I like the phone very much, but not in stupid bumper!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    You know what's really funny? This was supposed to be fun.*
    All I said "on topic" was that the phone loses signal simply by having your finger on the sweet spot which is where attenuation
    becomes a problem. Not from a grip, but your pinky which covers that exact spot while on a call, if lifted will not effect signal loss.
    Fun? This is what you actually said...

Look, the phone does not lose bars from gripping it. X marks the spot! Put your finger on the black line between the GSM and the Wifi antenna, and the attenuation changes. That's it. When your on the phone lift your f'n pinky, move it up, and SHUT THE F UP! If your left handed, Ill bet your not ******** at all. IF you are, you're the one full of sh**, not Jobs.
    What part of that post is "fun". Full of attitude and telling people to "stfu". Yeah, what fun, let the party begin! Woo!

Next part...

*This is confirmed, and I was rudely called a moron *for a confirmed fact.
    No, you were called out for having the grammar of a kid and yelling at people that have legitimate gripes. Telling people to just lift their pinky and stfu isn't "fun", or very adult. Hypocrite.

Lets continue...

* Off topic judgement of proper grammar is not what this forum is for,
    When do people quit making excuses for acting or coming across as stupid? So this forum is where it's OK to just let Intelligence drop? You go to school for a reason, and you should at-least have enough self respect for yourself to use the knowledge you gathered from school etc. To use ANY excuse to the contrary is ignorant. I once put my hand in a fire when I was a kid. I learned from my mistake (example), so if you know how to use proper grammar and can at-least download a Spell Check, why not do so? Is looking stupid all apart of this "fun" you're talking about? *Que confetti and balloons now

Oh, lets cover some irony now...

and name calling is childish. *I was criticized for just an improper conjecture in my post, and you not understanding facts of what I posted which led to your 8th grade name calling that led to a moderator to step in.
    So the PM's you sent me *first, like the following were advocated?:

That's funny, The following posts after show that YOU'RE the idiot!
    What are you 16? Do yourself a favor and go kill yourself dude. I have better things to do with my time.
    Nothing is worse than a hypocrite. We've basically established you're very good at this now. Would you like some more examples?

Now lets conclude...

Even though I may have been following this forum since it's inception, it's not even worth it to try and contribute with ignorant people, taking off topic stabs at someones intellectual capacity. *You may think I'm Pwned or what ever, but in all seriousness, I have better things to do in real life than geek out over a toy, and whine about it. Like I would actually get upset about someone creating a typo or an improper use of grammar. While you're posting your ignorance in geekanease, I'll be having relationships with girls loser. *Not playing with my toy gadget all the time. I bet you have 10000 friends on myspace, because that's what losers do. I was finished with this thread due to it's immaturity, but again more childish posts to follow, even after you were warned in a moderators PM about your conduct. *Good riddance*you can say, but I will*not continue to be amongst children that lash out verbally in a high school context of criticism that is rediculous at the least, and*off topic of what we're hear for. *So props to you Ronfin and venom. You both get ice cream and a diaper change! Bye children and good riddance. *
    A moment ago you were saying that you have better things to do than act childish, yet the bold type above suggests otherwise. The irony here is killing me. Calling me a loser, telling everyone that you're gonna be having relations with girls (speculation of course) instead of have a high-school-like argument (which you basically just did FYI), and then making stuff up about a moderator sending me a PM about any of this just to boost your already weak argument. How old are you? I'm just curious now, since you opened this entire conversation up by telling everyone to "lift their damn pinky and STFU". Yes, that's a fun way to help people here that are pissed-off about having these reception issues. So if you're leaving the community now, please hurry. Anymore insightful posts ending in "stfu" have no place here. Oh, and remember to install that Spell Checker and brush-up on your grammar and wit.
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

@ronfin44 - You are doing nothing but exacerbating the issue nor are you even discussing the topic of the thread anymore. Your overall attitude across the boards screams of troll and it's no wonder Mr. Overcash offered you a pacifier. Please take such discussions elsewhere.

--------------

Also, just let me know if you would like for me to point out all of your grammatical and spelling errors, because the list is plentiful.
    Last edited by mortopher; 07-18-2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

@ronfin44 - You are doing nothing but exacerbating the issue nor are you even discussing the topic of the thread anymore. Your overall attitude across the boards screams of troll and it's no wonder Mr. Overcash offered you a pacifier. Please take such discussions elsewhere.
    Hypocrite. Your opinion just did the same. Thanks for trolling.

Also, just let me know if you would like for me to point out all of your grammatical and spelling errors, because the list is plentiful.
    Please, be my guest. I appreciate criticism and the chance to learn from any mistakes so I can try and not make them in the future. Just make sure when you throw that stone in this glass house you have someone catch it. Thanks.
    Last edited by ronfin44; 07-18-2010 at 07:37 PM.
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail