+ Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RIM, Nokia Fire Back at Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone Is it just me... Or is anyone else so TOTALLY SICK of this crap? We all know their is a design flaw in the i4s attenna....
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Is it just me... Or is anyone else so TOTALLY SICK of this crap?

We all know their is a design flaw in the i4s attenna.... Personally this flaw does not affect me at all, for others it does. For those it does affect, u get a free bumper, which will completely solve any problems
    U might have. If this does not please u, u can return your phone.... It's very simple people.

I personally believe the iphone4 is probably the coolest, most awesome thing I have ever bought! And of course I have a case on it!! It costs $600!!! Who the hell wouldn't buy a case!

Perhaps this is apples own fault though, not just by the design flaw, but by how THEY have made people hate apple. I used to be one of those people...I used to hate apple and everything it made. Then those PC vs MAC commercials started, and i hated apple even more, lying in there commercials, acting as if anyone with a Mac was cooler than someone with a PC....

My personal belief is there r still a lot of apple hatred out there still (a problem they created all on their own) and now it's biting them in the butt.

I personally believe this is a big reason why Apple is such a huge target in the media, and the reason why this antenna problem Is being so blown out of proportion. ALOT of people HATE apple, the media knows this... So they r going to take shots when given the opportunity...guaranteed.
    its just you, we all all sick of the flawed design.
    The flaw does effect you?, you are just too dumb of a fanboi to admit it, its not a flaw in some phones, its on all of them, its a flaw in the antenna, unless you are a ******* alien and you dont conduct then I guess you are right.

I dont use a case, I am not a hillbilly to throw my phone around,
    I loveD the phone because of its unique looks, I dont wanna put a fugly *** POS case on it so I can use my phone.

Its not 600 dollars, its a 200-300 dollar phone on a ****** network with a 2 year man handled contract.

I use nothing but mac products, but the **** went back within a week.

Apple is a huge target in the media because they think their **** dont stink.
    Well guess what? it does stink.

What steve jobs did with the rim phone and the nokia was ***.

Thanks

I agree with most. If you're having issues return it. You have the freedom of choice. If you decide to keep it, you know the saying. "you made your bed, now lay in it".

Btw I saw that HTC retaliated as well.
    Last edited by LSZ33; 07-17-2010 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't care about this issue. Can't wait til July 30th when it comes to Canada. I still want one.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    Keep believing what you want fanboy, with that much *** kissing maybe Steve jobs will offer your sorry *** a job.
    You're so witty and cool calling people fanboys. Run a long little one.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DontBeJealous For This Useful Post:

ronfin44 (07-21-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    Battery design? Apple are experts at making all their devices last almost 2x if not 3x longer than ANY other device in the MARKET. Now lets compare

1) Droid = Horrible Battery life, crappy android programming kills it. Look at reviews Im not going to explain my self in detail over and over.
    2) Evo, even WORSE battery life, in a review done by engadget showed the Evo from 75% battery life and gone down to 30% in 7 minutes. Explain? Did you see how long the iPhone battery lasts?
    3) Any of Apples laptops, all have 9-10 hour battery life. Now please tell me, how many laptops are there in the world which such epic battery specifications.

Reason I am not comparing Bold 9700 is because its not a multi touch smart phone in the same area as the iPhone or Droid etc. SO battery life cannot be compared in such fashion.

Maybe this will make you and other users understand LOL

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAOtC9QfXac&feature=related
    Also this is for EVERYONE, understand this only 1.7% of users are having the "death grip" problem. Now do some math, 100% - 1.7% = ? I'm quite sure this is not a BIG issue. Now, this whole thing is just related to AREA. As explained by engadget, consumer reports, Apple and so on.
    ummm you forgot about blackberry storm thats a multi touch is it not? did you conveniently leave that out so it wouldn't kill you little post there? Apple batteries suck! and now your doing what steve jobs does and trying to bring other phones into it LMAO you know what those other phones have that apple doesn't? bigger screens, faster phones, and real multi tasking not wannabe multi tasking they call "fast app switching. So the fact that apple lacks all that on their phones and still doesnt have better battery then the phones you listed says alot about how crappy apples battery is.

nice try though steve jobs jr.

Thanks

This forum has gone to crap since the press conference nothing but people crying acting like we do not have a choice in life.

You can easily return the iPhone 4 if you do not want to use a case to stop the signal loss.

You can easily return the item for no fee and get all your money back.

It is terrible that this happened and of course for the people who are going through a lot of problems like proximity sensor issues, but come on you do not like it return it.

No one is forced to buy and keep the iPhone 4 if they do not like it, sure Apple screwed up and this is what they get in return is some happy and some angry.

THAT'S IT NO MORE CRYING GROW UP THAT IS WHY YOU CAN RETURN IT.

APPLE HAS GIVEN A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM SURE IT IS NOT THE BEST, IN THE END YOU DO NOT LOSE ANYTHING IF THE PHONE DOES NOT WORK OUT FOR YOU!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zmanforever View Post
    This forum has gone to crap since the press conference nothing but people crying acting like we do not have a choice in life.

You can easily return the iPhone 4 if you do not want to use a case to stop the signal loss.

You can easily return the item for no fee and get all your money back.

It is terrible that this happened and of course for the people who are going through a lot of problems like proximity sensor issues, but come on you do not like it return it.

No one is forced to buy and keep the iPhone 4 if they do not like it, sure Apple screwed up and this is what they get in return is some happy and some angry.

THAT'S IT NO MORE CRYING GROW UP THAT IS WHY YOU CAN RETURN IT.

APPLE HAS GIVEN A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM SURE IT IS NOT THE BEST, IN THE END YOU DO NOT LOSE ANYTHING IF THE PHONE DOES NOT WORK OUT FOR YOU!
    ummmm this is about how steve jobs is handling the situation more than the actual problem.

Thanks

No what this forum has become is many people who don't even have the iPhone 4 yet start trying to tell everyone about the issues of the device.

We need to do something about this nonsense if you do not post a picture of your iPhone 4 do not go posting lies about how ****** up it is.

Remember not everyone is having problems, I have 3 iPhone 4's in my home not 1 problem.

They all have cases because we care for our gadgets.

So many people going around in here crying about something they do not even have yet.

If the iPhone 4 is not fit for you get your hard earned money back and move on to some other options.

Like I said before Apple did not seem to fully test the iPhone 4 that well in my book, and I am angry some have issues, but come on honestly post.

Do not start bad mouthing the device if you do not have one, because then you are just posting the problems of another individual not your own.

At this point everyone knows it is up to themselves.

I understand fully how many are angry that Apple would let this happen, but do not forget they do this for a profit also, and recalling would not be part of the profit game.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zmanforever View Post
    No what this forum has become is many people who don't even have the iPhone 4 yet start trying to tell everyone about the issues of the device.

We need to do something about this nonsense if you do not post a picture of your iPhone 4 do not go posting lies about how ****** up it is.

Remember not everyone is having problems, I have 3 iPhone 4's in my home not 1 problem.

They all have cases because we care for our gadgets.

So many people going around in here crying about something they do not even have yet.

If the iPhone 4 is not fit for you get your hard earned money back and move on to some other options.

Like I said before Apple did not seem to fully test the iPhone 4 that well in my book, and I am angry some have issues, but come on honestly post.

Do not start bad mouthing the device if you do not have one, because then you are just posting the problems of another individual not your own.

At this point everyone knows it is up to themselves.

I understand fully how many are angry that Apple would let this happen, but do not forget they do this for a profit also, and recalling would not be part of the profit game.
    first of all how do you know who has an iphone 4 and who doesnt?

second does steve jobs own a blackberry or nokia that gives him the right to bring them into his problems?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I thought I would just mess around with some of my older phones to see if I can replicate the grip issue. As it turns out, I was able to perform the grip issue with an old Motorola Razr, some sort of Nokia, and some sort of Samsung phone with a music player. The issue is more prevalent than people realize. It seems as if the iphone 4 is taking heat of a "problem" that has been ignored for so long up until now. I honestly do not believe this is an issue at all since it seems to be unavoidable with any phone. So why are people fussing again?

Thanks

Yes you can return the phone and I did(went back to my 3gs), yes you can use a case to stop the stupid design flaw that a 7th grader could have noticed before they released it. But I'm sorry I'd rather a phone that works without having to use another stupid looking product(even if I get it free) especially if I paid $300 for the phone. Seriously shut up with the "just return it" that isn't the point, the point is apple sold a phone that has a major design flaw and shouldn't be saying "but.... but... every other phone has the problem too " like little kids who can't admit a problem.

I'm glad nokia and rim are getting pissed at apple. I like apple products and I love there iphone but I hate people that can't admit when they do something wrong because they're too busy kissing their own asses.

And yes on other phones and anything you use the signal will be worse if you cover up the antenna(duh) but the iphone is the only phone I've used that you can completely drop the signal by putting your finger over a rubber piece meant to separate the two antennas. If you try to load a website and put your finger on it it acts like a built in pause button lol.
    Last edited by robertr1; 07-17-2010 at 11:27 PM.

Thanks

You can say all you want but the solutions are out.

Apple is not doing a recall, they do not want to lose over $1.5 billion.

I am not a Apple fan boy I even said I am angry over Apple's very low attention to detail on the testing of this device.

I am cool with using a case to shield the double sided glass, and everyone has freedom of choice.

That is why again I will bring up the return it if you do not like it solution.

Apple should have handled it differently for sure, but at the end of the day if you do not like the device get your money back.

No amount of complaints or crying will cause everyone with an iPhone 4 to do a mass exodus and return to non Apple devices because of this issue, why because some of us are having a great time with it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Clearly you know the difference

You should write an app that spell checks next. Knock it out champ. Also, should I scan a copy of my EIN and and tax info for this year now since you'd like to have a "look at me" contest? You don't impress me. You're angry you got called-out and tried to deflect the attention away from your original post. Using "your" instead of "you're" isn't a typo, and I'm glad you're not writing an article for the Press with mistakes like that. Then saying the phone doesn't lose any bars from gripping it?! You're an idiot. If that statement was actually factual we wouldn't have this thread. Now run along Professor. You have apps to code. (riiight) *yawn*
    Hahahaha this has got to be the funniest thing ever!!! You sir are the one who got pwned! Lol.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Death grip or not, this phone does it, that phone doesn't. Whatever. You can bet money the iPhone5 won't go through this. 1.7% of millions is still a lot of angry customers.

Thanks

I have the Google Nexus One; and I have NEVER lost signal or service because I hold the thing just right.

I can touch it, hold it, lick it, do whatever I want and it works just fine.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky369 View Post
    I have the Google Nexus One; and I have NEVER lost signal or service because I hold the thing just right.

I can touch it, hold it, lick it, do whatever I want and it works just fine.
    I have a nexus one, it loses a bar or two when held in that "death grip" way. But thats not the point, its over all antenna design is much better than the iPhone 4's. ALL iPhone 4's have this inbuilt "DEFECT." I was fed of reading how only 1.7% of the total 100% have it, it sounds so stupid. That 1.7% of the iPhone 4's are in areas where there is low/poor signal its not that the other 98.3% were made with better materials. iPhone 4's design is more flawed than all average phone and its due to the placement of the antenna on the exterior side.

So if you live in an area where there is a low/poor signal due to AT&T inability to place more Cellular BaseStations, you should return your iPhone as you will be more prone to call drops, yes you will have more call drops than a user using a nexus one/nokia n97/all mobile phones in the same AREA.

All these experts in here who cant understand a simple concept, being spoon fed by apples BS, makes me feel like banging my head against the wall!

So Joshua Topolski, go change that 9/10 score in Engadget cause you are making yourself look the stupidest gadget phone EDITOR ever. Cant believe they couldnt find someone better to run that otherwise awesome blog.
    Last edited by mythamp; 07-18-2010 at 01:22 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    Hahahaha this has got to be the funniest thing ever!!! You sir are the one who got pwned! Lol.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ronfin44; 07-18-2010 at 01:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

Green Apple
    Thanks

Really. Please explain this, since the guy I called-out has the grammar of a 7 year-old, and stated that the loss of bars (reception) while holding the phone is basically a myth, and if you experience a reception loss you should "raise your pinky and stfu". You're up genius. Aside from him you're the second dumbest person in this forum. GJ.

The number of stupid people that come to mmi multiply faster than Gremlins in a pool of water. Amazing how ignorant some of these dopes are.
    I think he was agreeing with you. When you quote someone who quoted someone else, the initial quote isn't there, so he's probably laughing at the person you replied to. Plus, he was the one arguing with the other person in the first place.

And IMO, commenting on someone's grammar on the INTERNET is so 2005.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

like it..but dont love it

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Really. Please explain this, since the guy I called-out has the grammar of a 7 year-old, and stated that the loss of bars (reception) while holding the phone is basically a myth, and if you experience a reception loss you should "raise your pinky and stfu". You're up genius. Aside from him you're the second dumbest person in this forum. GJ.

The number of stupid people that come to mmi multiply faster than Gremlins in a pool of water. Amazing how ignorant some of these dopes are.
    You read it wrong...I was quoting what you said about flash and letting him know he got pwned by you...lol

Quote Originally Posted by skolpo View Post
    I think he was agreeing with you. When you quote someone who quoted someone else, the initial quote isn't there, so he's probably laughing at the person you replied to. Plus, he was the one arguing with the other person in the first place.

And IMO, commenting on someone's grammar on the INTERNET is so 2005.
    I totally agree
    Last edited by Venom1234; 07-18-2010 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost