+ Reply
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RIM, Nokia Fire Back at Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by treble26 its not out in canada yet. my friend is going to wait inline for it but i wont. but quick question, how will it make a
    Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by treble26 View Post
    its not out in canada yet. my friend is going to wait inline for it but i wont. but quick question, how will it make a difference if i have the iphone 4 or not? will my other phones lose signal bars when doing the antenna test after i acquire the iphone 4? if it does then i think the iphone 4 is doing something fishy to the other phones lol. im still going to do the test when my friend gets the iphone 4.
    Not at all. I'm just saying that if you are not experiencing signal drop when holding those other phones, then you most likely wont experience it with the iPhone 4.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Lets be clear. He didn't misspell anything. That's not a spelling mistake. It's not a typo when you use a completely different word. You don't "misspell" a contraction. I only pointed that out on top of his statement that the "bar drop" doesn't exist at all and if you lose a few bars you should "lift your ef'ing pinky and stfu". Yeah, that's clearly the statement of someone well educated, so I'm not surprised his grammar matches his ignorance on this topic.
    Quoting his private message to me:

"So when another moron that didn't read your first post and only your second one jumps to your cause you think that vindicates you? haha. Wow. You're desperate for validation huh. Learn how to use "your", and "you're" like most educated people do, and stop trying to hide your inadequacy by ranting on about the little games you supposedly made for the App store. I run a painting business on the side and hire high-school kids. I can bet they know the difference between "your, and "you're" you ******* moron."

The saga of ignorance continues! Ok, I'll stoop to YOUR level since the name calling continues, despite a huge attempt of being the bigger person.

Your an ignorant moron! Go paint something and shut up already!

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

THATS IT!! I'm closing this thread!! Oh wait, I'm not a mod.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Look, the phone does not lose bars from gripping it. X marks the spot! Put your finger on the black line between the GSM and the Wifi antenna, and the attenuation changes. That's it. When your on the phone lift your f'n pinky, move it up, and SHUT THE F UP! If your left handed, Ill bet your not ******** at all. IF you are, you're the one full of sh**, not Jobs.

Just so everyone knows how to drink a martini and hold their iPhones. Thanks flash! You just saved Apple, their engineers, and every i4 owner a huge headache! Woooo! lol

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Quoting his private message to me:

"So when another moron that didn't read your first post and only your second one jumps to your cause you think that vindicates you? haha. Wow. You're desperate for validation huh. Learn how to use "your", and "you're" like most educated people do, and stop trying to hide your inadequacy by ranting on about the little games you supposedly made for the App store. I run a painting business on the side and hire high-school kids. I can bet they know the difference between "your, and "you're" you ******* moron."

The saga of ignorance continues! Ok, I'll stoop to YOUR level since the name calling continues, despite a huge attempt of being the bigger person.

Your an ignorant moron! Go paint something and shut up already!
    You mean the reply to this mature gem I received first?:

via PM: "What are you 16? Do yourself a favor and go kill yourself dude. I have better things to do with my time."

I love irony. Maybe change your name from flash to fail.
    Last edited by ronfin44; 07-17-2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

With a war like this ... We all win, I wish that AT&T and Verizon would get in a big biatch fight !!!!!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

People need to calm down. If ya'll cant discuss this calmly, you wont be discussing it at all. This is the one and only warning to be given out.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

mortopher (07-17-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone treble26's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    People need to calm down. If ya'll cant discuss this calmly, you wont be discussing it at all. This is the one and only warning to be given out.
    LMAO he just shut everyone up. i love moderators.
    and now back to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Not at all. I'm just saying that if you are not experiencing signal drop when holding those other phones, then you most likely wont experience it with the iPhone 4.
    well i hope thats the case, because i really am looking forward to the iphone 4. im already designing a custom skin for it. my friend will make it into a sticker for me and it will be free of charge

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

OK here is an idea. Instead of arging about it and also arguing about how sumb Apple was to to release a phone that they knew had a flaw. Why doesnt everyone who owns an Isuck 4, return it and get ur money back. Then everyone else who has any other type of Iphone, sell it to those Isuck 4 owners for the price of the Isuck 4. This way, they will atleast have a phone that works 99% of the time. That other 1% is when the phone is turned off.

Then noone will have anything to argue about anymore. Apple will be out a crap load of money. And they'll be forced to make a REAL PHONE next time.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    Battery design? Apple are experts at making all their devices last almost 2x if not 3x longer than ANY other device in the MARKET. Now lets compare

1) Droid = Horrible Battery life, crappy android programming kills it. Look at reviews Im not going to explain my self in detail over and over.
    2) Evo, even WORSE battery life, in a review done by engadget showed the Evo from 75% battery life and gone down to 30% in 7 minutes. Explain? Did you see how long the iPhone battery lasts?
    3) Any of Apples laptops, all have 9-10 hour battery life. Now please tell me, how many laptops are there in the world which such epic battery specifications.

Reason I am not comparing Bold 9700 is because its not a multi touch smart phone in the same area as the iPhone or Droid etc. SO battery life cannot be compared in such fashion.
    You attempt to refute his statement by using companies he never mentioned to begin with? That, boys and girls, is what grownups call a straw man fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    Says a mentally challenged patient.

SO many users do not understand what is going on. Let me repeat, 1.7% out of a 100% are having this problem. Only 1.7%. Now do the math, I'm pretty sure they stated "We sold over 3 Million," if I am wrong, just do 1.7 million and do the math from there. How many users are affected?

This problem is only occurring in now reception areas. Now because of these people think the iPhone 4 sucks. They fail to realize that its the best phone in the market as of now. So what they have no other carriers? So What there 1.7% cases of "death grip" crap going around? Look at the features of the phone, best battery life, best screen quality [Pixel density] best multitouch, [I think I can safely say, strongest built design], gyroscope, multitasking without battery drainage, facetime, best camera in the smartphone market, only 5mp with 720p HD video and picture which looks better than their competitors HTC etc with their 8 Mp cameras. List goes on. Best part, the iPhone is ORIGINAL. Not a rip off like all the others.

If you think the iPhone 4 sucks, all I can say is, you sir need to get a brain. Go ahead return it and get a droid/htc phone, then you will cry back.
    First off, you don't have to say 1.7% out of 100%. It just makes you look stupid. Percent means exactly that, per 100.

How many users are affected? At 1.7% of 3,000,000+ users, you have over 51,000 users that are affected. That's a pretty sizable amount of problems.

Your list of reasons as to why the phone is the best phone on the market may very well be true except there's just one huge part missing from it; it's performance as AN ACTUAL PHONE. Steve even said that it drops more calls per 100 than the 3GS does.

Don't get me wrong, I love my i4 but it's this blind loyalty and dismissal of facts that go against your opinion that makes people so sick and tired of you Apple fanboys.

By the way, do you even have an iPhone 4?
    Last edited by mortopher; 07-17-2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Wow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    You attempt to refute his statement by using companies he never mentioned to begin with? That, boys and girls, is what grownups call a straw man fallacy.

First off, you don't have to say 1.7% out of 100%. It just makes you look stupid. Percent means exactly that, per 100.

How many users are affected? At 1.7% of 3,000,000+ users, you have over 51,000 users that are affected. That's a pretty sizable amount of problems.

Your list of reasons as to why the phone is the best phone on the market may very well be true except there's just one huge part missing from it; it's performance as AN ACTUAL PHONE. Steve even said that it drops more calls per 100 than the 3GS does.

Don't get me wrong, I love my i4 but it's this blind loyalty and dismissal of facts that go against your opinion that makes people so sick and fed up with you Apple fanboys.

By the way, do you even have an iPhone 4?
    First off, you did not even read what I said. Just read a little bit closer between the lines and maybe you will understand. Here is a clue, how about look at the person I quoted? Thats a good idea. Do you see where it talks about the battery? Good good, now do you see where HTC Eris is included in the test footage from Apple, I simply put that phone in comparison with battery capacity. Put them together? Good job you did it! Does it make sense now!?

1)
    First off, you don't have to say 1.7% out of 100%
    Well no durr, I was making a statement which no one seemed to understand. They keep thinking like 80% of the people are affected, which is clearly not true.

2)
    Your list of reasons as to why the phone is the best phone on the market may very well be true except there's just one huge part missing from it; it's performance as AN ACTUAL PHONE.
    I think I made my self quite clear when I said
    This problem is only occurring in now reception areas. Now because of these people think the iPhone 4 sucks.
    And I understand the problem and the performance, But like I said only 1.7 % are affected, not SUCH a big deal. Can it be better? Yes, of course.

3)
    blind loyalty and dismissal of facts
    Umm? Dismissal of facts? Everything I said was true, and Fanboy? Lol, don't make me laugh.

4) Yes I do have a iPhone 4.
    Last edited by eZStaR; 07-17-2010 at 07:23 PM.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

Thanks

Wow...this jailbreaking community is really giving me a bad taste in my mouth.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm at a loss of words.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah, I think this thread is done.

iPhone? More like MyPhone hancoma's Avatar
    Thanks

In the words of Peter Griffin from Family Guy " A little something from Conway Twitty to create a distraction"
    Nah, I'm to lazy to put a link in...you can youtube it!

Good times in the forum today...I feel the love...LOL!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Then what the hell do you recommend he talked about during the press conference?

He proved his points and proved them well.
    Keep believing what you want fanboy, with that much *** kissing maybe Steve jobs will offer your sorry *** a job.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I really do wish everyone who bought iPhone 4 and have issues with it do return it, with enough people return it Apple will rethink their strategy. Because of people holding on to it it will not get them to do jack.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

I have all 4 of the different models of iPhones and the only one that I can get the signal to drop by holding it a certain way is the iPhone 4. Steve Jobs is full of it and just cant bring himself to admit that he released an iPhone that has a major design flaw! What a loser!

Green Apple
    Thanks

i agree with most here.
    saying my product has a bad antenna but hey we are not the only one is pretty lame.

Also i never saw those manufacturers come into the news on a death grip issue.
    Ofcourse any antenna gets weaker if you cover it but appearently these menufacturers have been doing more inovation on that area then apple.

But since it's confirmed by apple i think i will wait a little longer before buying a iphone 4 now to see if they do anything else then give a ugly bumper to it....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The other companies didn't get brought up in the news because they were not the big story and people acutally care about the iPhone 4. If you do not like the phone, return it, man up, and stop ********. It will not be the last apple product you buy because if you have bought a mac book pro (i did), then eventually you will continue to buy apple products because they are some of the most amazing things out there. Stop ******** so much, return your phones if you don't want it, and maybe some else will buy your phone and put a case on it, (I have a 3G and have never used it without a case).

AGAIN, man up, stop ********, its getting annouying, and return it.