Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Debuts Antenna Site to Belabor Point and Bash Rivals

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple Debuts Antenna Site to Belabor Point and Bash Rivals

Did anyone really think Apple would stop defending itself with the conclusion of today's pity party press conference?

If you did, you are certainly going to be disappointed with Apple's post-press conference follow up - the launch of a veritable antenna site within Apple.com that not only belabors the arguments made by Apple chief Steve Jobs today, but comprehensively emphasizes the antenna troubles that apparently plague all smartphones - not just the iPhone 4.

Every smartphone has a cellular antenna. And nearly every smartphone can lose signal strength if you hold it in a certain way. To demonstrate this, we tested iPhone 4 alongside other smartphones.
    They're all there: Samsung, HTC, Blackberry... all vulnerably exposed to the world by Apple - a move that is bound to infuriate Cupertino's biggest competitors while stressing once again that Apple won't have its iPhone 4 dragged through the mud all alone. In addition to the video of today's media event, Apple is also publishing what amounts to a comprehensive study of smartphone antennas. It's pretty obvious that Apple is hoping those complaining about the iPhone 4 will be so enamored of the company's $100 million dollar test labs that you'll be happy just to have a device that was actually tested inside something so cool and shiny

Already panned by some critics as cheesy, petty, and self-serving, Apple's antenna site is up and running with the clear intention of putting our minds at ease about this overblown "Death Grip" hype with a helpful reminder that Apple's engineers "have logged thousands of hours designing and testing iPhone 4 in these state-of-the-art facilities." In other words: we understand this better than you do, so shut up, take your free case, and we'll see you when the iPhone 5 comes out.

apple.com/antenna
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 07-17-2010 at 10:55 AM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

apoc (07-16-2010), chrisangel13 (07-17-2010), pjbtk (07-16-2010), playboyjenna (07-17-2010), reaves205 (07-16-2010), sobeniceguy2 (07-16-2010), suomu (07-17-2010), vinaygoel2000 (07-16-2010)

That f in sucks lie in scums

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh boy... Here we go....

This should be an interesting ride for apple, I'm gonna hold onto my i4 bad antenna or not, I use a case anyway and thanks to apple I'll have a new one on the way soon

OK. But I don't give a crap about the other phones!!! "@ Steve Jobs and Apple" Aren't you suppose to be better that those other companies? What good is all the other stuff on my Smart phone, when the main thing ( the PHONE ) has issues.
    If you need help, drop me a message.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Brick James For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (07-16-2010)

So there we have it an error in signal strength accuracy and hardware issue. So we update the firmware and add a bumper ok next…
    I am the Vincent (Vital Information Necessary Centralized) iPhone.

When I am moody I am the Hal iPhone 9000 lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sobeniceguy2 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (07-16-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone priezti's Avatar
    Thanks

i have a 3gs so im not in the same situation as you guys with the iphone 4 but it shocks me to see apple behaving like they are, its like a young child being told off for something and saying "well they did it too"

think this will haunt apple, they have admitted problems but its pathetic dragging everyone else in, changed my opinion on apple
    Last edited by priezti; 07-16-2010 at 03:35 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to priezti For This Useful Post:

carolinamic (07-16-2010), vinaygoel2000 (07-16-2010)

Can´t believe they did that... It will only bring more problems to them. I have at least the bold and a nexus one here and after checking the videos, not a single bar is dropped when i hold exactly like they tell to hold the bold. The best performance is the N1 here.
    Last edited by spektro; 07-16-2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Of course performance is regarding reception quality and not overall hardware design

14. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

kmeyler (07-16-2010)

i think steve needs to take it up the azz and fix the f'ing problem.
    instead of pointing out other cell phone flaws, fix your own **** and stop beating around the bush.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

I have had Motorola, Nokia, HTC, and Iphone 3gs and have NEVER had an issue with the signal as these people with the Iphone 4 are having!

As far as the $100 million faciliy that they tested the Iphone 4 in, well maybe it would have be better to have tested it on the streets where it is now! JMO

17. The Following User Says Thank You to area51crypto For This Useful Post:

KingCane (07-16-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

if you watch the video of the testing facility, notice how they talk about how high tech and how much money they spent on the facility.... all that money and technology, but yet they're using a Rubber band to hold the iPhone to the adapter in the "free space" chamber...LOL. I thought that was pretty funny when I saw it...lol
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

We need something else to read about. How about something positive? All this negativity is bringing me down. lol Maybe this would be a good time for the Dev Team to release a jailbreak!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    if you watch the video of the testing facility, notice how they talk about how high tech and how much money they spent on the facility.... all that money and technology, but yet they're using a Rubber band to hold the iPhone to the adapter in the "free space" chamber...LOL. I thought that was pretty funny when I saw it...lol
    Me too.. lmao
    Last edited by zausser; 07-16-2010 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following User Says Thank You to zausser For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-18-2010)

Whe. You start pointing fingers at others, you need to start looking at yourself. This is a non-issue to me. They've stated you can return it if you have a problem. Don't like it, return it. If you don't prepare to suffer any pitfalls it may have. It's the best phone I've ever had and people are constantly complimenting how awesome it looks and how the screen is the best one they've seen. I'm keeping mine because it's light years ahead in terms of hardware. The software could use some help, but that's what jailbreaking is for.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

defdad (07-16-2010), Dj Meltdown (07-16-2010), Doran (07-16-2010), novactavy (07-16-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick James View Post
    OK. But I don't give a crap about the other phones!!! "@ Steve Jobs and Apple" Aren't you suppose to be better that those other companies? What good is all the other stuff on my Smart phone, when the main thing ( the PHONE ) has issues.
    If you bought a Iphone 4, just take it back. If you haven't then don't buy one. Apple is taking steps to fix the problem. I see nothing wrong with with Apple outing other popular and rival phones that have this problem because they were all ready to jump on the bandwagon with the Iphone 4 was being blasted..

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FNR32 For This Useful Post:

defdad (07-16-2010), Doran (07-16-2010), UTPharmer (07-17-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by zausser View Post
    We need something else to read about. How about something positive? All this negativity is bringing me down. lol Maybe this would be a good time for the Dev Team to release a jailbreak!
    +1 on that !!!

I've had my phones jailbroken for so long, I can't even remember the last time I used a "normal" one ... I'm starting to feel weak ... I need MY themes and icons back !!!

GO DEV TEAM GO !!!

Apple makes it ... all the developers here make it BETTER !!!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to love2drive2fast For This Useful Post:

defdad (07-16-2010)

Exactly right.... If you don't like it, switch phones.... And to you wiredhavoc.... Are you personally having signal problems??? Nobody that I know that has one is having any true issue.... I'm believing more and more that it's just a hyped up issue trying to damage another wildly profitable company and demonize them....

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msurdyke For This Useful Post:

defdad (07-16-2010), Doran (07-16-2010)

Thanks

This should be fun hearing the "other side" of the story from other manufacturers. Let the mud slinging begin.

Thanks

Oh Stevie, big mistake when you started to drag the rest of the companies into your mistake, aside from the false accusations. LOL oh how much fun we are all yet to experience in the coming weeks.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to roshansri For This Useful Post:

comosa (07-18-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by love2drive2fast View Post
    +1 on that !!!

I've had my phones jailbroken for so long, I can't even remember the last time I used a "normal" one ... I'm starting to feel weak ... I need MY themes and icons back !!!

GO DEV TEAM GO !!!

Apple makes it ... all the developers here make it BETTER !!!
    It will be nice when we can get back to "normal" in the jb community.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMachine For This Useful Post:

defdad (07-16-2010)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast