+ Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Debuts Antenna Site to Belabor Point and Bash Rivals

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The one thing that gets me is that they did't even mention something about a hardware fix or even a newer model to fix the problem... instead they are pushing
    What's Jailbreak? PStuLovesCrackk's Avatar
    Thanks

The one thing that gets me is that they did't even mention something about a hardware fix or even a newer model to fix the problem... instead they are pushing through with the white ones, knowing that they still hold the hardware problem... Apple should have just owned up because now they got a whole bunch of shi* coming to them.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

$29.99 X 3,000,000 < Fix for Antenna problems ... ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'll believe the test results showing that other cell phones have the same antenna problems, on one condition: when an independent testing organization, such as Consumer Reports or the like, does the analysis. Until then...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Geez...Im sorry guys but less than 1% experiencing problems...i think any manufacturer wiould gladly live with that failure rate. Im with Steve on this ....media blitzed overblown BS. I had my iphone from day 1 - 0 problems. If media and other sources are blatantly lying about your product you owe it to your employees and your stockholders to defend it. Steve is doing the only thing he can...and yes if that means pointing out greater weaknesses in other smartphones to dispell the nonsense being blown about by everyone...then good on him-all he is saying is that apple is still the best - look at the competition. Thats how you determine who is best...just sayin
    Last edited by prazer; 07-16-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Thanks

I almost feel guilty about accepting a refund for the bumper I bought after buying the iPhone 4 the other day. I've tried and tried and tried some more in various different ways to reproduce the alleged reception issue, but I can't seem to cause the signal to drop by even one bar. I bought the bumper for its originally intended purpose and that is, of course, to protect my investment. I usually do not like cases to begin with, because, in my opinion, it takes away from the beauty of the device. In this case, I really don't want to cover up the gorgeous glass feel of the iPhone 4's front and back, so I thought the bumper was perfect. It actually looks cool, too. I'll get a refund on the basis that I purchased almost $3,000 worth of Apple equipment this month alone and it probably costs Apple about a dollar to make one of those bumpers.

I was a die-hard Windows 7 fan before I bought my iMac and I certainly don't personify the characteristics of a "fanboy", just for the record.
    (2011) Mac mini Core i5-2520M 2.5GHz-3.2GHz (Turbo Boost) | 8GB DDR3 RAM | AMD Radeon HD 6630M | 27" LED Cinema Display | 6TB GRAID | 3TB Time Capsule 4th gen | iPhone 4 | iPad 2 | Apple TV 2nd gen. | Magic Trackpad | I surrender...

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep, that last part summed it up. Basically see you when the iPhone 5 comes out lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Steve mentioned that only a few iphone 4′s are experiencing the “death grip.” Lets show him the real number! Vote at Iphone 4 Death Grip Count | The iphone 4 death grip counting has begun

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok you all shut the f***k up,Apple is not forcing you to buy iphones if u dont like it just bring it back u get your little change back n stop talking s**t,you all just sayin bad about the iphone 4 but u still keepin it or not?

Green Apple
    Thanks

In case you haven't seen the video. lol

YouTube - Song A Day #561: The iPhone Antenna Song

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i thaught the conference was VERY defencive today .... i beleve with all the videos the MUST be controling thier own cell tower just turning down and up the power so all the phones do that LOL... i have 2 3gs iphones and they work perfect when it comes to cellular i can not reproduce thoes issues running iso4 or 3.1.3 on ither of them so i say HA to Apple.

Oh Also Have A HTC TYTN II and it doesnt ither

SkOO~

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's kind of funny because you really have to hold the HTC wrongly in order to make it lose signal. I watched the video and the person was holding it in a manner which I would not normally hold it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harambur View Post
    In case you haven't seen the video. lol

YouTube - Song A Day #561: The iPhone Antenna Song
    Haha yea, Steve Jobs put it up on the big screen @ today's press conference. Very funny.
    (2011) Mac mini Core i5-2520M 2.5GHz-3.2GHz (Turbo Boost) | 8GB DDR3 RAM | AMD Radeon HD 6630M | 27" LED Cinema Display | 6TB GRAID | 3TB Time Capsule 4th gen | iPhone 4 | iPad 2 | Apple TV 2nd gen. | Magic Trackpad | I surrender...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Perhaps they should have a testing facility worth $101 million and they might get it right?
    Pathetic dragging other companies in; Apple are better than that, and they know it. I wouldn't expect such behaviour in the playground never mind when you're talking about a potential multi-billion $ product.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FNR32 View Post
    Apple is taking steps to fix the problem. I see nothing wrong with with Apple outing other popular and rival phones that have this problem because they were all ready to jump on the bandwagon with the Iphone 4 was being blasted..
    First off, fixing a problem and circumventing that problem are two entirely different things.

Secondly, I understand that signal strength will decrease on just about every cell phone in the world when held a certain way. However, if a simple piece of duct tape over the band allows me to hold the phone in the exact same "death grip" without suffering significant signal loss then I don't see how this issue can be denied and played off as an industry wide problem.

That being said, I will be sticking with my iPhone as there is pretty great coverage here where I live (however I may regret it in two weeks when I move to upstate NY) and am only able to replicate the issue once in a blue moon. Not to mention the fact that AT&T offers no other phone that I would even consider owning.

Thanks
    I have a few issues with this whole i4 antennae problem.

1. I don't like the how Apple is handling this; 1st denying the problem, then blaming it on the customer, and finally on every other smart phone in the market.

2. A bumper is not a solution to the problem, it's a band-Aid fix.

3. Why is Apple only offering free bumpers until September? Will the problem be fixed by then? My concern is they revise the phone and fix the issue on future models. Now everyone currently with an iPhones will have version 1 (AKA Antennae problem) that future iPhones will not. This will make my phone far less desirable for resale when my contract is up.
    If that is the case, I would rather return my phone now and wait for an updated version later this year.

I also called Apple tech support with that same question. They stated if a new revision does come out, (unless there is a hardware recall) you will not be able to exchange your phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
    $29.99 X 3,000,000 < Fix for Antenna problems ... ?
    No 30$ x 30,000 = the ones that actually need it.

Remember this is 1% of buyers that called to complain. The others simply get a free bumper; consider it a free prize in the box like cereal.

Other's that are not happy can simply return it like SJ said. Wait a month or so and see where they stand.

iPhone? More like MyPhone captjap's Avatar
    Thanks

Just a bit of advice. If you are unhappy call up ATT. They gave me a 25.00$$ credit per iPhone line. I know it's not much but you gotta take what you can get. They also offered me 3000 rollover minutes. I laughed at that offer, but hey again take what you can get. I will probably call again and see what else I can get. Of course you can also cancel your contract too..

h2a
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Holy sh!t some of you are retarded.

Apple isn't "bashing" anyone. Some of you need to grow the hell up. Since when is fairly and evenly pointing out that all phones from various manufacturers are susceptible to antenna attenuation considered "bashing?"

They didn't attack the designs, software, appearance, or quality of any of those phones. Jobs even complimented them, calling them good phones.

So unless the basic laws of physics are offended by apple everyone else can shut the fsck up.
    Last edited by h2a; 07-16-2010 at 07:00 PM. Reason: double word

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    Holy sh!t some of you are retarded.

Apple isn't "bashing" anyone. Some of you need to grow the hell up. Since when is fairly and evenly pointing out that all phones from various manufacturers are susceptible to antenna attenuation considered "bashing?"

They didn't attack the designs, software, appearance, or quality of any of those phones. Jobs even complimented them, calling them good phones.

So unless the basic laws of physics are offended by apple everyone else can shut the fsck up.
    Does a piece of duct tape fix the signal issue on all of the other brands too?

iPhone? More like MyPhone bunnywhi7e's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll tell you what. Some if you don't even deserve to own this device. Go do us a favor and play around with that laggy Android OS or that HTC Evo or something. Apple gave you a choice now. Get a free bumper or return the phone and STFU. MMI is a really cool place with tons of good folks but man I feel like we have a lot of immatute kids. I personally have this death grip but its not severe and im used by it now. Best phone I ever had.

AND FOR PEOPLE ASKING AND DEMANDING DEV TEAM TO RELEASE A JB PLEASE STOP BEING IGNORANT AND GOING OFF TOPIC. Find something else productive. I swear to god some of you have no lives. I partially blame
    Mods and admins for these idiotic threads esp when they go off topic. Every time I come here i find nothing but depressive news.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bunnywhi7e For This Useful Post:

barryson77 (07-18-2010), defdad (07-16-2010), mrblader20 (07-17-2010)