+ Reply
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Bumpers for All as Steve Jobs Defiantly Praises iPhone 4 at Apple Press Conference

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by StevenB Notice he didn't mention how many people had the proximity sensor issue. My guess is a lot of folks and I'm sure an update to the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenB View Post
    Notice he didn't mention how many people had the proximity sensor issue. My guess is a lot of folks and I'm sure an update to the proximity sensor will be out fairly quickly. Since I have that issue on my phone I will more than likely want to update ASAP.
    Good point. I hope that this can actually be fixed with an update. Although I'm on T-Mobile and needing my 3GS unlocked, I can relate to the i4 users. Hated all of the problems that came with my HD2 that should have functioned perfectly right out of the box.

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by codchamp16 View Post
    Only douche bags still use the dock, lol.
    Then I guess this site is full of douches. Maybe we should start calling this modmyRainbow.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks

wow who knew apple loved making there users happy!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just bring the jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesChirac View Post
    I now no longer hate apple
    I hope that's a joke. This conference was complete BS.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stonetz For This Useful Post:

bobright (07-16-2010), Chase817 (07-16-2010), taz1981m (07-16-2010), zinjen (07-16-2010)

Thanks

If Steve thinks cases are such a great fix, why didn't he just superglue a cheap plastic shell to every iPhone 4 and call it good?
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

I updated my iPhone 4, I have an iFrogz case (best in the biz) and I have not dropped a call. Really, I wasn't dropping calls before then. Sooooo, lets get to JB this baby please?????? I need a work around for 3G and FaceTime so we can have more use of the thing. Shouldn't use as much data as the tethering..
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stonetz View Post
    I hope that's a joke. This conference was complete BS.
    +1
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    I understand where your coming from but you said it yourself "Fastest, Easiest Fix". This is not why I purchase Apple products. Your right in essence no one is forcing you to keep the phone, but when Apple sells a product on sleek design and aesthetics as part of their keynote I expect to get what I pay for as a loyal customer!
    The phone has been out for 22 days. Less than a month. To have expected anything else at this point in time is ludicrous. Honestly, the bumper fix is the ONLY card they could realistically play.

They already said that they'll keep researching closely on the antenna. I've said it before, but revisions like this as obvious as they may be take months at a minimum to get to the consumer. Halting current production, delayed international release dates, coming with the fix in such a small timeframe and finally recalling replacing the existing 3 million phones would not only be impossible, it's cost would be in the billions.

Today Apple took the issue head on, dances somewhat around it while admitting that there is something going on. They also provided you with the only solution they could honestly give while giving you options within it (not just bumpers for free).

The situation sucks, the death grip is very real, but Apple like any corporation is a huge machine. You can't just stop it, apple a fix, and resume. These fixes will take time.

I honestly don't expect to see a hardware fix until the next iPhone and we'll have to ride this year out with bumpers or iPhone-less.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

creasy425 (07-16-2010), dstarnik (07-16-2010), Ms.o (07-16-2010), taz1981m (07-16-2010), tecpunk64 (07-16-2010), zinjen (07-16-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just contacted applecare and this woman said that they were not giving away any cases whatsoever and that I must be getting completely the wrong information...

*edit - Whoops forgot to read the full post ... -_- moron.
    Last edited by darkwolf1990; 07-16-2010 at 12:47 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to darkwolf1990 For This Useful Post:

taz1981m (07-16-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I think the case better than a bumper is the Griffin REVEAL. Its just like the bumper except it has a clear back.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Come on jailbreak!!! Many of us need to be able to update our apps and themes we host on Cydia

Thanks

So are there going to be the same problems with the White Phone as well ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

he kept referring to the "data" and how it shows only .55% of the phones have been returned... maybe thats because everyone was waiting to see what he was going to do about this situation... i LOVE the iphone.. and i WANT it.. and i want it to WORK out of the box... and not wait 22 days for acknowledgment of the issue... the sad part is is i feel almost stuck.. i want the latest shiny phone with all the bells and whistles... but what am i to do... get a refund?... the problem with that is that all the other new shiny phones are sold out too!!! (HTC EVO, DROID X) FML!

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkwolf1990 View Post
    Just contacted applecare and this woman said that they were not giving away any cases whatsoever and that I must be getting completely the wrong information...
    In the time you took to call AplleCare you could have bothered to read past the title of the thread and discover that the free bumper/cases application will be on their website starting LATE NEXT WEEK.

It's also been posted like 6 times so far.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

DeviantGeek (07-16-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ^answered

iPhone? More like MyPhone skizo's Avatar
    Thanks

Yay... free bumpers... oh wait... :/

"iPhone 4 Bumpers are currently unavailable for sale.

Apple will offer a free iPhone 4 Bumper or other select cases to iPhone 4 customers. Details on how to order a free Bumper or case will be available soon on apple.com.

Made of durable rubber and molded plastic, the two-tone iPhone 4 Bumper fits snugly around the edges of your iPhone 4 and gives it a splash of color. It’s a fun and unique way to personalize your iPhone 4."

I tried to buy one. I was able to add it to my cart but when I tried to complete the purchase I got that message.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I find this very acceptable, anyone with an Iphone without a case is taking a big gamble anyways. Now I get a refund for the case I want. Better IMO than a free bumper which I would not use.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Then I guess this site is full of douches. Maybe we should start calling this modmyRainbow.
    Lol, I still use it too. Guilty

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

he said white iphones will ship end of the month which means they must be ordered pretty soon does anyone have a heads up on when they will be available for preorder