+ Reply
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Bumpers for All as Steve Jobs Defiantly Praises iPhone 4 at Apple Press Conference

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
11:13AM To be clear, Jobs was not happy with our question. "You guys talk to each other a lot." 11:12AM We asked if there was possibility of a software fix...
    iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Thanks

11:13AM To be clear, Jobs was not happy with our question. "You guys talk to each other a lot."
    11:12AM We asked if there was possibility of a software fix... based on the NYT article stating an inside source claimed there could be a fix of that type coming.
    Steve had a long answer largely dismissing the question. Then Scott Forstall asked for a mic, and he said that the statement in the Times was "patently false."

Thanks

Talk about lame. Free bumper. Just as I thought. I think Apple might have dug themselves a grave. No real answers for a fix for the death grip problem, just a free bumper. Wow!

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    I'm truly amazed at the feedback on here. For those who use a case I understand but those who were sold on the sleek design.. thoughts?

It's like buying a new corvette at the dealership and them saying "Don't drive it that fast or you will need to put a bra on the front bumper"
    You also have the option to return it for a full refund. So if you're nay happy, STOP USING IT because I sincerely doubt there's someone with a gun on your back forcing you to stick with it.

It's a free market and where you take your business speaks louder than words. Apple just provided you with the fastest easiest fix available or a way out. Neither of these options cost anything to you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

dstarnik (07-16-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey i don't have an iphone 4 as yet,but was sure thinking about buying one.. but i have some questions about this, what is a bumper? so far from reading these posts i'm figuring its a case,but i'm not 100% sure,but if it is,well this sucks,that means if i get an iphone4 i'll need to get a case for it.Whats the use of making such a great phone with a new and so called great design and not be able to show it off, you have to wrap it up,it think apple really needs to do something about this...I want the freedom to use a case or not on my phone. It may sound weird to some of you, but some people change their cases,using different colors and different designs or use no case at all depending on how they feel on a particular day..people like me,who uses their phone alot,i still have an iphone 3gs i think apple is the best but they should really do something about this.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StevenB View Post
    DON'T RELEASE THE JAILBREAK YET! .
    KISS MY GRITS, MEL!

Bring it!
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Jobs and others keep saying it only affects a small number. I am sure it affects more.
    Regardless if you are address like me it's an issue. Please don't downplay it as it's only a few. Even at .55% (that have complained) of 3 million that's a good amount of people.
    Apple store very politely told mento have a nice day and enjoy the phone. Maybe now I can join the rest of the rank and filewhen I get a replacement.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

And to add to all this, they say HTC and Rim phones do it as well. bunch of BS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    I'm truly amazed at the feedback on here. For those who use a case I understand but those who were sold on the sleek design.. thoughts?

It's like buying a new corvette at the dealership and them saying "Don't drive it that fast or you will need to put a bra on the front bumper"
    Well Steve said that they put the separators on the band as a visual aide to show you where not to touch the phone. So he is going with "don't hold it that way" or "get a free bumper case." So either use it the way Steve wants you to or cover (the beautiful Apple design) with a case that Steve (grudgingly) will hand out for free.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    You also have the option to return it for a full refund. So if you're nay happy, STOP USING IT because I sincerely doubt there's someone with a gun on your back forcing you to stick with it.

It's a free market and where you take your business speaks louder than words. Apple just provided you with the fastest easiest fix available or a way out. Neither of these options cost anything to you.
    I understand where your coming from but you said it yourself "Fastest, Easiest Fix". This is not why I purchase Apple products. Your right in essence no one is forcing you to keep the phone, but when Apple sells a product on sleek design and aesthetics as part of their keynote I expect to get what I pay for as a loyal customer!
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    Wow, you brain-dead crApple disciples never cease to blow my mind... You tards really think this "fix" is acceptable??

I'm a Ferrari "fan-boy", but if my new 458 Italia comes with a hole in the engine block, NO WAY am I gonna accept a free blob of silicone or duct tape over the hole as a "fix"!! Would YOU!?!?!

You fools can hate and flame on me all you want for this comment, but at least I am capable of deductive reasoning and individual thought!

All I can do now is PRAY that the backlash to crApple from the media and people with a brain, finally buries them and brings that arrogant fuktard Steve Jobs to his knees!
    THen return it!!! Does someone have a gun to your head to keep it? If you have individual thought than take that thought and buy a Nokia or equivalent that has stamps on it that say "don't touch here". Stop your crying and go return it. You are not happy so be the individual thinker you are and make yourself individually happy like other individual thinkers that think its good. Your forcing your thoughts as well... Stop being a hypocrite... I mean really some people are not happy that is fine as it is that some are not. THERE ARE OTHER MANUFACTURES FOR PHONES OUT THERE. GO GET ONE AND STOP MAKING YOURSELF UNHAPPY WITH YOUR CURRENT FERRARI...

GEEEEZZZ PEOPLE ITS ENOUGH

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kuhndsn For This Useful Post:

allicatmeow (07-16-2010), dstarnik (07-16-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I now no longer hate apple

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eJunkier View Post
    Looks it is not my day. For me, this is no way to put a bumper on her. I love her naked because she is sexy that way. She has to go home now.
    I cannot for the life of me remember the exact name, but there's a site that sells one of those clear screen covers but it also comes with side covers to block the death grip area. Why not try one of those?

It had a gimmicky name like "you're holding it wrong" I'm sure someone else knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bjiphone View Post
    And to add to all this, they say HTC and Rim phones do it as well. bunch of BS
    My GF has the new iPhone, and I'm using the new HTC EVO. Each device has it's pro's/cons. I'm not a fanboy of either. They both are great phones. Let's hope Apple can recover from this. I'm sure they will....

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Guess $100 million just doesn't go as far as it used to.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ssfirme View Post
    Just let the jailbreak relase
    yup.

Thanks
    I also havent had these problems. Bring on the jailbreak!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I cannot for the life of me remember the exact name, but there's a site that sells one of those clear screen covers but it also comes with side covers to block the death grip area. Why not try one of those?

It had a gimmicky name like "you're holding it wrong" I'm sure someone else knows what I'm talking about.
    Invisishield. And from YouTube videos it doesn't fix it.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to StevenB For This Useful Post:

headcheese (07-16-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Meltdown View Post
    I'm not buying the jailbait theory this time, they'll have to take their time with it, hope someone askes about the sensors in detail

They already did and the sensor fix is coming via a soft fix....

23. The Following User Says Thank You to kuhndsn For This Useful Post:

Dj Meltdown (07-16-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    ever heard of a dock?

nice one genius
    Only douche bags still use the dock, lol.