+ Reply
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Bumpers for All as Steve Jobs Defiantly Praises iPhone 4 at Apple Press Conference

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by alexs0fly Do you really think this is a bait for a JB release? I can understand your reasoning but that seems a little extreme. But I know
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexs0fly View Post
    Do you really think this is a bait for a JB release? I can understand your reasoning but that seems a little extreme. But I know that Apple can be pretty hardcore about stuff like this.

But like I thought on first impulse, I hope that 4.01 is the only update that will be out for a while and that a JB is released, especially a spirited version for new bootrom 3GS 4.0 users.
    Notice he didn't mention how many people had the proximity sensor issue. My guess is a lot of folks and I'm sure an update to the proximity sensor will be out fairly quickly. Since I have that issue on my phone I will more than likely want to update ASAP.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alirz View Post
    Steve mentioned, free bumpers for iphone4 purchased through Spetember 30!!
    Then what, The phones produced after that date will be different in hardware design? Thats my guess!!!
    No, I think Steve (backed off the date) and stated in Q&A that in September they will re-evaluate the situation. Doesn't sound like they are going to redesign it for new shipments. He basically said there is nothing wrong with the design.

Edit: Here it is from Engadget...

10:53AM Q: On the September 30th date, is that to let people know that you'll have to buy a case?
    Steve: Not really, we'll reevaluate then. Maybe we'll have a better idea. Maybe Eminem will come out with a band-aid that goes over the corner and everyone will want that.
    Last edited by southfrisco; 07-16-2010 at 12:09 PM.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Thanks

Just let the jailbreak relase
    FIFIRI FLIES

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by codchamp16 View Post
    i bet a lot of people are going to be happy now that they have a free bumper on the way
    Not if I have to take it off everytime I charge it

Thanks

Wow, you brain-dead crApple disciples never cease to blow my mind... You tards really think this "fix" is acceptable??

I'm a Ferrari "fan-boy", but if my new 458 Italia comes with a hole in the engine block, NO WAY am I gonna accept a free blob of silicone or duct tape over the hole as a "fix"!! Would YOU!?!?!

You fools can hate and flame on me all you want for this comment, but at least I am capable of deductive reasoning and individual thought!

All I can do now is PRAY that the backlash to crApple from the media and people with a brain, finally buries them and brings that arrogant fuktard Steve Jobs to his knees!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheOnlyest For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-16-2010), Dj Meltdown (07-16-2010), rhart96 (07-16-2010), sami4021 (07-16-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Basically, they're saying what they have been all along. Its not a problem strictly for an iPhone. All cellphones (especially on AT&T) will have dropped calls. You can either bring the phone back or get a case, either way you're not going to be out any money because they are waiving the restocking fee.

All in all, its an acceptance that the phone is less than perfect and Apple is offering a remedy for those parties that feel violated or wronged by getting something "less than advertised."

Thing is, the iPhone is still the phone of choice for many because of the sheer number of peripherals available and content access, as well as the overall design. You can get an HTC phone thats close, but far less responsive than an iPhone for touch, or a Droid that has a fraction of apps available, or any number of other phones that don't have the connectivity of an Apple device.

You think Motorola or HTC would offer a full refund of the phone with no restocking fee and contract cancel?

I'm still using my old 3GS because I wanted to see what Apple said about the phone today, and to be honest, I may consider upgrading now that Apple's come out and said what it did. I was more concerned with the proximity sensor than the death grip because Orlando has pretty good AT&T reception in the downtown area and a drop of 24 dBm where I live won't drop me past -113 dBm for a call drop.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why complain in the first place ?,an iphone with a fault is better than 10 other phones of any other manufacturer !

I see so many different phones every day with typically pathetic faults that really should never happen,these being from companies who have been producing handsets far longer than apple have.

Even with this issue the build quality of the iphone whatever model and the excellent fast repair/replacement program puts all other manufacturers to shame.

Im still using a 3gs and nothings gonna stop me from upgrading soon.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Pull up to my bumper baby, with your long black iphone...

(cmon, someone had to say it, lol)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kmmxracer View Post
    You are an idiot, MuscleNerd has said cuntless time that Apple does not make any decisions based on the jailbreak and unlock issues
    lol perfect typo btw

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpartanWraith For This Useful Post:

EddieLeonard (07-16-2010), JEsTer10 (07-16-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Showstopper1969 View Post
    Not if I have to take it off everytime I charge it
    the bumper has a slit in the design so you can charge it without taking it off. SYGU sir

iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

Free Bumper or Case. Get on the site early to get your bumper because the cases they are going to provide are probably gonna be crap!

Thanks

This is quite the change of tone from "magical" device.
    Last edited by billmilo; 07-16-2010 at 12:16 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to billmilo For This Useful Post:

redwolf (07-16-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm77 View Post
    Free Bumper or Case. Get on the site early to get your bumper because the cases they are going to provide are probably gonna be crap!
    agreed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm truly amazed at the feedback on here. For those who use a case I understand but those who were sold on the sleek design.. thoughts?

It's like buying a new corvette at the dealership and them saying "Don't drive it that fast or you will need to put a bra on the front bumper"
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zinjen For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-16-2010), redwolf (07-16-2010)

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

the bumper has a slit in the design so you can charge it without taking it off. SYGU sir
    ever heard of a dock?

nice one genius
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Thanks

I think he's referring to the dock not the regular chord.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanWraith View Post
    lol perfect typo btw
    gold!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanWraith View Post
    lol perfect typo btw
    Ha, ya I caught my typo wile reading through the rest of the thread, I changed it, but I'm glad you quoted it before I did. It's kinda funny.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Looks it is not my day. For me, this is no way to put a bumper on her. I love her naked because she is sexy that way. She has to go home now.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to eJunkier For This Useful Post:

richardib (07-16-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just spoke to an apple rep and he checked with his superviosr because he did not get to hear the press conference. He told me that starting next week on the apple site you can select a bumper or any other case that they have listed for the fix and have it sent. Since I have two iPhones he told me I would probably have to do two separate orders for two cases so you can either get a bumper it's self or any other case they have up that you would like. I'm sure it has to be in the same price range but we will have to wait till next week to find out.