+ Reply
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Bumpers for All as Steve Jobs Defiantly Praises iPhone 4 at Apple Press Conference

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by paganizonda83 There's a monumental difference between discussion related to jailbreaking and what amounts to spamming the other threads with the same old posts asking for an ETA
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    There's a monumental difference between discussion related to jailbreaking and what amounts to spamming the other threads with the same old posts asking for an ETA or even criticizing/attacking the devs for not coddling them and catering to their needs. Hell, it wouldn't even be as bad if they were making stupid threads about it all, but it is unacceptable for them to continuously firebomb threads that have NOTHING to do with jailbreaking and unlocking.

Why is there such a widely held assumption that just because people are new to the jailbreaking scene they must also be new to the concepts of deductive reasoning and rational thought? Yes, we were all noobs at one time or another, but I (as well as many others) was able to try searching for solutions and only posting questions after google, private messages, and twitter completely failed in answering questions.
    I got you, yes I agree search should be the first option. But you can't really think everyone is going to do what some think is right. I personally don't mind answering questions that some may see as dumb or stupid, it may be because I have more patience because you and others have been doing it longer so it gets old.Idk if I can help great, or at least lead them in the direction if you don't really want to answer same old question, how about a link to the search section. As for charging a fee that may be perfect for some or have ratings for members posts, certain amount of posts, an advanced forum who knows, but I guarentee you will find your way back down to the slums where all those stupid posts are.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Of course I would still post in the regular sections of the forums. There are plenty of credible threads going on around here.

If you go through my posts you will see that I have no problem answering relatively remedial questions when they are posted in the forums.

The problem is when people come into threads about something completely unrelated and start posting about how they can't get their ipod touch out of dfu mode or how they are sick and tired of waiting for the devs to release a jailbreak. It's the online equivalent of a child tugging and the mothers shirt saying mommy mommy mommy mommy ad infinitum while she's having a conversation with someone else.

On a different note, I was on the verge of going and getting an iPad Thursday night but am glad I held off now that they are going to be giving refunds to all who bought bumpers already. Takes care of the sales tax at least.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just wonder when I will get my refund. What I am curious about is will they screw up my refund and refund me $48.15 or $32.15 because when they shipped the case it was supposed to be delivered the next day but I had to wait though the weekend and get it Monday. They have already refunded the shipping so will I make out more on this deal?

Thanks

Take this with a grain of salt b/c I don't have any physical proof but from what I've heard they will only be refunding the purchase price and not whatever applicable shipping costs were endured.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do you know if your gonna get a free case

Thanks

If you bought an iPhone 4, Apple will either give you a free bumper or case for it or they will refund you if you've already bought a bumper for it.

Thanks

On twitter today: "ceoSteveJobs: Do you have any idea how much it costs us to give everyone a free case? Oh yeah, practically nothing"... Comparing to money they would've lost if decided to fix their mistake.)

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ErikiPhone View Post
    On twitter today: "ceoSteveJobs: Do you have any idea how much it costs us to give everyone a free case? Oh yeah, practically nothing"... Comparing to money they would've lost if decided to fix their mistake.)
    I don't know how many time's it's been said that's a fake twitter account. It only takes common sense to realize that.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry OS Responce to Apple antena defect
    I have just came of the phone to O2 customer service.
    After waiting in a q for 3 hours on the 24th of last month and then finding out there is a defect in the areial O2 will NOT replace my handset, Thi is because Apple have said there is nothing wrong with the phone that a simple bumber can not fix.
    So the phone does work and so O2 will NOT refund my phone.
    They have said it is upto the local store manager to deside if i get a full refund or not, even though Mr Jobs from apple has said on TV that he will refund all phones if your not happy even after the bumper has been fitted.

I am sure this is again the trades discription act andi will be following this up as the phone is not fit for the purpose it was original bought for. Ye they tell me to hang on till apple have anounced somthing to go pat the 15 day warrenty then try and hag you of past the 30 day replacment policy.

I am sure they should honor the trades and discription act and refund my money. But O2 have said no as the phone works fine with a free bumper, yet i bought the phone not with a bumper and thought is it not my option if i fit one or not? if not then the phone should work as all other phones do, Or using blue tooth hands free the sig is even worse in the car.

Anyone else had this issue with O2 or is it just me?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

fail... my captivate doesn't have antenna issues.

Returned the iPhone4 this weekend and picked it up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3G[S] View Post
    fail... my captivate doesn't have antenna issues.

Returned the iPhone4 this weekend and picked it up.
    Funny, neither does my iphone4...but good job, you showed em!

Thanks

Hahahahaha ^

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Showstopper1969 View Post
    Funny, neither does my iphone4...but good job, you showed em!
    Same goes for my iPhone 4 and 2 others in my house.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silent2k View Post
    I have just came of the phone to O2 customer service.
    After waiting in a q for 3 hours on the 24th of last month and then finding out there is a defect in the areial O2 will NOT replace my handset, Thi is because Apple have said there is nothing wrong with the phone that a simple bumber can not fix.
    So the phone does work and so O2 will NOT refund my phone.
    They have said it is upto the local store manager to deside if i get a full refund or not, even though Mr Jobs from apple has said on TV that he will refund all phones if your not happy even after the bumper has been fitted.

I am sure this is again the trades discription act andi will be following this up as the phone is not fit for the purpose it was original bought for. Ye they tell me to hang on till apple have anounced somthing to go pat the 15 day warrenty then try and hag you of past the 30 day replacment policy.

I am sure they should honor the trades and discription act and refund my money. But O2 have said no as the phone works fine with a free bumper, yet i bought the phone not with a bumper and thought is it not my option if i fit one or not? if not then the phone should work as all other phones do, Or using blue tooth hands free the sig is even worse in the car.

Anyone else had this issue with O2 or is it just me?
    I'm not with o2, but I had an appointment at apple store yesterday (Bluewater). I was about to replace my ip4 mainly due to signal issue. The genius girl said - NO, but I was prepared for that answer (she said there is no issue, but I didn't want to argue, there is no point) and said that my home button was wiggly and there was some dirt underneath the glass, right next to the home button - then she said that is fine - she can swap it. It didn't even take 5 minutes...

Since apple announced that there is no issue, nobody will replace it because of it. You have to come up with a different issue or just keep pushing them. Sometimes a threat with your "friend-lawyer" helps too
    I'm quite pissed off about this, but i'll keep it as I still like it... :/

I bet somebody will eventually come up with something, like a 3rd party antenna DIY

I don't like cases, never used them and I'm not going to, but... I like the vapor case, only because it's made from aluminum, which is a bit pricey...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    does anyone have an issue with the senor thing thatís above the front camera? 25% of the time I press the mute with my ear and its stupid. I know Steve said something on the press conference but donít remember. I know there other people with that issue just wondering what to do [exchange it with apple]?

Green Apple
    Thanks

That is one issue that I have had. When holding the phone in call I will be talking non stop and the person on the other line keeps saying hello and I start to get pissed off and curse and then I calm down and look at my phone and the mute button is on and my friend hangs up by the time I figure out the problem

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ctstiffler did you take you iphone 4 to the apple store to swap it out?

Thanks

So much for the twin fixes of 4.01 signal bars and a Bumper, I've still got deathgrip hell holding the iphone they way I always have
    YouTube - Steve said a bumper would fix it
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Green Apple
    Thanks

No. I have called at it would be no problem at all to swap, but it has not been doing it for a week or two so Im just waiting for my free case and if the time comes when I absolutely need to take it in because of that issue I figure I still have about 11 months left to do so.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    hey if i bought the bumper would i just go to the apple shop and show them my email that i paid for it? i would like to get the refund.. haha