+ Reply
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Bumpers for All as Steve Jobs Defiantly Praises iPhone 4 at Apple Press Conference

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So All I Got To Do Is Call Or Go In And Say I Want A Free Bumper ?
    Green Apple
    Thanks

So All I Got To Do Is Call Or Go In And Say I Want A Free Bumper ?

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

That was a pretty by the numbers press conference with the most obvious outcome. That said, being able to choose from a number of case rather than just the bumper is pretty awesome.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

kuhndsn (07-16-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

IT starts the end of next week. You have to sign up online and they will send one to you. NOT everyone will get bumpers but they will have different ones for you to choose from. NO ONE will be allowed an in-store pick up. I say go out and buy one and let apple refund your money back later.

Thanks

Well at least if you are not satisfied you can return it and not pay a 10% restocking fee and also get a refund from AT&T on your contract if you signed a new two year contract.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

6. The Following User Says Thank You to southfrisco For This Useful Post:

kuhndsn (07-16-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Wow get ready for the sh1tstorm to start for Apple. I have a HUGE gut feeling people who bought the phone with the impression they could use without a case are going to rip this press release apart.

Exactlly!!! and the sad thing is some don't even own the phone and the rest of people crying "I hate cases" will not return it... If apple shipped every iPhone with the bumpers already on and someone took it off and got a death grip it would be end of story... People asked for a fix they did and also offered a full refund... What will people (some) say?!?! bla bla bla bla bla cry cry cry cry.... Realllly getting old... I say return the damn thing get a different phone and MOVE on....

You buy a car and get a lemon do you keep it or return it? RETARDS!!!!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kuhndsn For This Useful Post:

dstarnik (07-16-2010), durdan1 (07-16-2010), peamap (07-16-2010), reanimationxp (07-16-2010), tecpunk64 (07-16-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    free bumper and get $30 back or keep the ur $30 back i think its sound like win win... lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

This isn't about how many folks have or have not called Applecare. No one is calling because SJobs put out an email to all stores not to do anything about it. Plus it is in such high demand that everyone is like well they won't replace it they won't do anything so I will just live with the problem. Start a post so that everyone with this issue starts calling Applecare then we can see his less than 1% go up.

Easy fix free bumpers, I told you this is why this accessory was endorsed at the WWDC. Well if I had the phone it would be in an Otter Box case anyway. But I still am not happy with the BS stats and the easy way out that they took.

Either way when the time comes I guess I will buy a darn iPhone 4 anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    soo how the hell are we suppose to get this case? I'm on apple website and they don't tell you...
    late next week!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Some of you people are not to bright. Read the thru this thread and you would know how to get a free case. And there not all going to be bumpers. They are going to give you a choice.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenB View Post
    DON'T RELEASE THE JAILBREAK YET!

This is a ruse from Apple. They show you a hand of "fixing antenna issue" with this release, then you release JB, then they release the fix for proximity issue a few days later and brick phones.

Sneaky Jobs...like my VC enemy in 'Nam.

Do you really think this is a bait for a JB release? I can understand your reasoning but that seems a little extreme. But I know that Apple can be pretty hardcore about stuff like this.

But like I thought on first impulse, I hope that 4.01 is the only update that will be out for a while and that a JB is released, especially a spirited version for new bootrom 3GS 4.0 users.

adp
    Thanks

How about all the people that already bought 3rd party cases? And how about all those 3rd party companies that make cases who are not affiliated with Apple (in other words, won't be "free")?

EDIT: Steve-o just answered my question. Sounds pretty arrogant
    Will the refund include third party cases?
    A: There's a very small number of third party cases out there. So no.
    Q: Well it's interesting, there aren't any cases out there, and it's hard to get cases now. If the third party case buyers can produce a receipt, why not give them one?
    Steve: It's really simple, if we tell people what our next product is, they stop buying our current products. Sometimes websites buy stolen property and they get out there... and case makers have a history of showing off their new cases for our new products. The case vendors haven't had a history of helping to keep our work under wraps.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

15. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (07-16-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Steve mentioned, free bumpers for iphone4 purchased through Spetember 30!!
    Then what, The phones produced after that date will be different in hardware design? Thats my guess!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    That was a pretty by the numbers press conference with the most obvious outcome. That said, being able to choose from a number of case rather than just the bumper is pretty awesome.
    Yeah that is pretty cool... Just wish (selfish) the element vapor 4 was included... That sucker looks awesome... but $90

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kuhndsn For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (07-16-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

They're having a ******* laugh!!! I want a fix and not a ******* bumper!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to zYxMa For This Useful Post:

redwolf (07-16-2010)

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

i want to know if this bumper/any case "giveaway" will happen in the UK next week?
    anyone know?
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

adp
    Thanks

Isn't it funny how he first says that 0.55% complained about this (which means roughly 15,000 of the 3M phones), but then says that they cannot possibly build enough bumpers to cover everyone who will be applying for it?
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

My iPhone is a Part of Me tellytel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alirz View Post
    Steve mentioned, free bumpers for iphone4 purchased through Spetember 30!!
    Then what, The phones produced after that date will be different in hardware design? Thats my guess!!!
    yeah thats BS. People who bought it first quarter of launch are basically given a "**** happens, heres a case" and newer iphone owners get a better design?

Im going to try to use my warranty if these new phones are reported to not have probems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StevenB View Post
    DON'T RELEASE THE JAILBREAK YET!

This is a ruse from Apple. They show you a hand of "fixing antenna issue" with this release, then you release JB, then they release the fix for proximity issue a few days later and brick phones.

Sneaky Jobs...like my VC enemy in 'Nam.
    You are an idiot, MuscleNerd has said countless time that Apple does not make any decisions based on the jailbreak and unlock issues
    Last edited by kmmxracer; 07-16-2010 at 12:11 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i felt like Steve was a little child talking. Him blaming other cell phones for also having the same problems was like my children trying to push blame on their siblings instead of owning up to what they do. The only difference is that my kids are in 3rd grade and not a CEO of a major company.

And by the way how many PhD's does it take to change a light bulb. Evidently 18 if they work for Apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm not buying the jailbait theory this time, they'll have to take their time with it, hope someone askes about the sensors in detail