Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Bumpers for All as Steve Jobs Defiantly Praises iPhone 4 at Apple Press Conference

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Did you find it? If it's that zagg thing I'm not big on those. I had one on my the 3GS and I hated it. It felt really sticky and I had pocket fuzz all around the edge of the piece of plastic that covered the back and it looked terrible. I'm just want a thin, clear cover for the front and back. It has to cover the whole front and be cut very accurately. Same for the back. I can't stand looking at a film that has an 1/8 of an inch or more around the home button and speaker and doesn't line up right. The 3G/3GS ones don't fit and none I've found fits right, is cut accurate, or has a hole for the speaker, the home button and the front camera. Anybody know of any good ones?

First, speak and write correct English. You sound and look like a tool when you're too lazy to write correctly. Second, stop talking about/requesting/complaining about a lack of/or demanding a jailbreak. Shut up about it. Like right now, don't talk about it anymore. It's not ready, it won't be soon, and being retarded about it isn't helping. You're getting it for free from people who are working very hard to get it working. STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.

Morons that continue to do what you're doing here, running your mouth about a jailbreak needing to be released, isn't going to make it come out faster and it's what caused GeoHot to leave. Seriously, STOP TALKING ABOUT A JAILBREAK NEEDING TO BE RELEASED. That goes for everyone.
    as for cases you're probably looking for something like:
    SwitchEasy NUDE UltraClear

Try to be more patient. While I tend to agree with you about things in this post you also have a tendency to run your mouth. If you want me to tolerate it when you run your mouth please find a nicer way to hold a conversation with those you disagree with.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

Chuck1969 (07-17-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    I definitely don't agree with what Steve Jobs said during this press conference.

#1. He claimed all smart phones have an antenna problem...EPIC FAIL! I've had 3 different BlackBerry models and a HTC phone over the past 3 years and I never had problems with the signal dropping just because I held the phone in my hand. I've also owned both the original iPhone and the 3GS and guess what? Never had any antenna issues with those either. Again...EPIC FAIL STEVO!

#2. He claims his company tested out the iPhone 4 and other smartphones in areas that have low signal strength. He then goes on to say that is why people are having the issue because they are in lower signal areas...EPIC FAIL! I live in DC and am smack dab right in the middle of the highest service area within AT&T (regarding their coverage charts) yet my bars still drop all the way to zero...I'm not in a "weak signal area"...I can't wrap my brain around the comments this guy is making and they are unbelievable to me!

I' glad he brought up the proximity sensor issue and that they are working on that...I can't tell you how frustrated I am of my phone going all crazy when I'm talking on it because the phone thinks I've removed it from my head.

Last but not least, I think "free cases" are a sucky way of fixing this problem with the antenna. A lot of people (including myself) didn't want a case on their phone...we liked the look of the phone naked and didn't want to cover up the design of the phone. I don't think it's right that their fix is "get a case", even if they are free. But I also have to admit the case is not only a good fix for the issue but it gives much more of a grip when holding the phone...it doesn't feel like it's going to fall out of your hand and when you lay it on a table it doesn't move when the vibrator goes off...so there are definitely some pros and cons to owning one but I am happy with my bumper (believe it or not.)

P.S. Just found it odd that Apple would post their press conference on their site but not include the recording of the Q&A's...what are they hiding from us now?
    Hand it in and get a refund, then you can get back to your HTC or BB, and save your winging, it's just gatta raise you blood presure and give you hard time.
    You don't have to say it, Just click "Thanks".
    http://twitter.com/Duetschpire

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    On your points:
    1. All phones DO have this issue. Difference lies in that most phones don't have their "death grip" stop right where you would hold it. Most other phones have the antenna on the top area. Heck most manuals on smartphones do tell you where not to hold/cover.

2. Apple did test the phone in low signal areas. Problem was that to hide the fact that it was an i4 they had it in a case to make resemble a 3Gs. So in all their field testing the phone was always in a case so they never picked up on it.
    That's some pretty damn poor field testing then. You are telling me not one person used the phone without a 3GSish case on it when they were at their home or driving? If so shame on them, I did QA testing on software for Symbol RF devices, for them to not find this is ridiculous, plain and simple. I think they did find it, but was too far along to change anything, so they figured they would make a bumper and see if anyone noticed...

Hay Guise, is it true apples is gonna give out free blimpers? My iphone has the deaf grip problem, i can't hear nothing when i hold it, it goes deaf.

p.s. is the jailbreak out? if not, when?

also, should i back up my 40.0 blurbs? I need them to upgrade to 40.01 right? I tried the twitr and musclesnerd said yes.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

KartRacer (07-17-2010), ronfin44 (07-17-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Free blimpers............. ^

Not everyone will get a free bumper it depends on which of the free cases are still in stock, in the press conference Steve even said not enough bumpers for everyone even while Apple is making more so other companies have been hired to help fill up case need.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Sometimes I think my wife could be a "genius". She's good at lying, never accepts losing an argument, pretends to give a damn about anything, and is a complete b!tch.
    lawl. My favorite post of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    Hay Guise, is it true apples is gonna give out free blimpers? My iphone has the deaf grip problem, i can't hear nothing when i hold it, it goes deaf.

p.s. is the jailbreak out? if not, when?

also, should i back up my 40.0 blurbs? I need them to upgrade to 40.01 right? I tried the twitr and musclesnerd said yes.
    Are you trying to bait mr grumpy with this post? lol

Quote Originally Posted by thor740 View Post
    amidoinitrite?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

KartRacer (07-17-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    amidoinitrite?

Idk, he might have settled down now that the big dog came down on him. Some of these arguments are quite ammusing. Reading these posts is good entertainment, at times.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zmanforever View Post
    Free blimpers............. ^

Not everyone will get a free bumper it depends on which of the free cases are still in stock, in the press conference Steve even said not enough bumpers for everyone even while Apple is making more so other companies have been hired to help fill up case need.

I would hope this is not true. Im telling Apple I am not leaving their store until I get a free bumper with free installation

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremeiphone View Post
    I would hope this is not true. Im telling Apple I am not leaving their store until I get a free bumper with free installation
    yeah the bumpers are so hard to install. It took me four days just to get it on.

Thanks

Yes, its true. They never stated free bumpers. They stated a free case.

As of right now NO ONE can even buy a bumper case. On Apple.com they are unavailable for sale. Of course you can buy all you want on ebay for an inflated price from someone who bought one when available who probably got a full refund for it as well and is now making a mint on them!

Apple iPhone 4 Bumper - Black - Apple Store (U.S.)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Please provide the study data that proves this is anything but your opinion. I think most people are happy whenever something is free regardless. So seriously, stop crying. You have 3 choices. Choose one and grow up. HTC has some nice phones. Give one of them a whirl. Good luck fella.
    Well he can add my data. Me and 173 people in my office that gets phones from company, my company will not get the iPhone4. So put 174 people who think this bumper option is not good enough.

You can return the product you are unhappy with within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. That's a pretty good solution if I've ever seen one. Don't like it, don't keep it. Applies to almost all consumer products that aren't required to fulfill basic healthy needs. You don't have to have this phone and aren't entitled to have one.

You do realize Consumer Protection law that dictate this right? It is not done out of goodness of Apple's heart. But I agree, everyone who have "Death Grip" should return their phone, lets see this 1/2 of 1 percent really is.
    Last edited by unison999; 07-17-2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The crazy thing I find is that I can replicate the issue then sometimes I cannot.

Here are my tests.

Home:
    without Bumper - 3G 4 Bars - Signal Drops to No Service
    with Bumper - 3G 4 Bars - Signal Drops to 1 Bar (But Really No Service)

In Town:
    with/without Bumper - 3G 5 Bars - Signal does not drop at all

Town Where I Work:
    with/without Bumper - EDGE 4 Bars - Signal does not drop at all

I have tried all of these with and without Bluetooth/WiFi enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Overcash View Post
    Try to be more patient. While I tend to agree with you about things in this post you also have a tendency to run your mouth. If you want me to tolerate it when you run your mouth please find a nicer way to hold a conversation with those you disagree with.
    There's no reason for anyone to talk about a jailbreak release because it isn't happening. If the forums were policed, and posts like that deleted asking about jailbreaks when we all know it isn't coming anytime soon, I wouldn't get so pissed off. We are all going to suffer if these posts are allowed to continue. Yes, I do run my mouth. I shoot it off too. But I'm not stupid and ask questions that aren't already answered, I can spell, and I don't continue to beat a dead horse about the jailbreak. The reasons it isn't released are all over Twitter and I believe the push for 100k members on this site attracted these kinds of people. This needs to be policed and very strongly policed because I don't want these people to scare away and piss of the people who bring us the great tools to jailbreak. Of all people the mods should have less patience about this kind of spamming. I'm getting very tired of people asking about this because people like me can wait and do appreciate what the Dev Team, Comex, Stealh and others do for us. They however don't care.

Call me grumpy, call me whatever you want. This crap is what turned GeoHot away and we lost a very smart and very talented guy because of it. This needs to be stamped out. People are ******** in this forum and all over Twitter about it, and I find it amazing it's allowed to go on. It needs to be stopped and stopped quickly because it contributes nothing and only harms us. I love this site and all the knowledge that is around here, but the push for 100k members is what has attracted this I think.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

mortopher (07-18-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
    The crazy thing I find is that I can replicate the issue then sometimes I cannot.

Here are my tests.

Home:
    without Bumper - 3G 4 Bars - Signal Drops to No Service
    with Bumper - 3G 4 Bars - Signal Drops to 1 Bar (But Really No Service)

In Town:
    with/without Bumper - 3G 5 Bars - Signal does not drop at all

Town Where I Work:
    with/without Bumper - EDGE 4 Bars - Signal does not drop at all

I have tried all of these with and without Bluetooth/WiFi enabled.
    Home - moderate reception, attenuation from the grip kills whatever you're receiving.
    Town - excellent reception, probably a tower right on it
    Town where you work - excellent reception, no 3G though

In your second and third locations, the coverage is good enough to overtake the death grip making it a non issue.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Home - moderate reception, attenuation from the grip kills whatever you're receiving.
    Town - excellent reception, probably a tower right on it
    Town where you work - excellent reception, no 3G though

In your second and third locations, the coverage is good enough to overtake the death grip making it a non issue.
    I guess it make sense. Although I have not dropped a call with the iPhone 4 at home yet I have dropped plenty of calls with various other phones. The worst of them was a Sony Ericsson and the first iPhone.

There's no reason for anyone to talk about a jailbreak release because it isn't happening. If the forums were policed, and posts like that deleted asking about jailbreaks when we all know it isn't coming anytime soon, I wouldn't get so pissed off. We are all going to suffer if these posts are allowed to continue. Yes, I do run my mouth. I shoot it off too. But I'm not stupid and ask questions that aren't already answered, I can spell, and I don't continue to beat a dead horse about the jailbreak. The reasons it isn't released are all over Twitter and I believe the push for 100k members on this site attracted these kinds of people. This needs to be policed and very strongly policed because I don't want these people to scare away and piss of the people who bring us the great tools to jailbreak. Of all people the mods should have less patience about this kind of spamming. I'm getting very tired of people asking about this because people like me can wait and do appreciate what the Dev Team, Comex, Stealh and others do for us. They however don't care.

Call me grumpy, call me whatever you want. This crap is what turned GeoHot away and we lost a very smart and very talented guy because of it. This needs to be stamped out. People are ******** in this forum and all over Twitter about it, and I find it amazing it's allowed to go on. It needs to be stopped and stopped quickly because it contributes nothing and only harms us. I love this site and all the knowledge that is around here, but the push for 100k members is what has attracted this I think.
    Dude calm down, this is exactly the place for people to talk and ask about jailbreaking. This site even has it's own forum to talk about jailbreaking. It's not like he called the dev teams personal cell numbers to ask when it comes out. Geo Hot quit and he's entitled to that. I don't think he just quit because people kept asking about the jailbreak, he's a bright kid with a lot bigger fish to fry in his life, i'm sure he will do bigger things in life than jailbreak iphones. I personally didn't care for his smugness but I respect the guy. Also not everyone is a jailbreak expert like you are. New people come in every day and although their questions may sound stupid to you they are just new to the scene.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thor740 For This Useful Post:

Os7.1.0 (07-18-2010), PWNsyst3m (07-17-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Well he can add my data. Me and 173 people in my office that gets phones from company, my company will not get the iPhone4. So put 174 people who think this bumper option is not good enough.

You do realize Consumer Protection law that dictate this right? It is not done out of goodness of Apple's heart. But I agree, everyone who have "Death Grip" should return their phone, lets see this 1/2 of 1 percent really is.
    You can't add them because your company decided not to go with the iPhone. If they decided this on their own, then ok, but not if this decision was made by the company.
    Last edited by ronfin44; 07-18-2010 at 02:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree 100% with this! The quality of the average post on this site has deteriorated significantly over the past month or two. I find it ridiculous when I have to spend more time trying to decypher what some teeny bopper is trying to say in their quasi-shorthand garbage than I am able to spend actually discussing the topics at hand. There definitely needs to be more moderating done in regards to this but I do understand that mods alone will only be able to accomplish so much.

This is a GREAT example of why I suggested the senior/restriced posting forum. Let those members who have displayed the ability to hold constructive and intelligent conversations have a place they can discuss topics in a civilized manner (for the most part) and keep it viewable for the newcomers and such (just disable their posting privileges in that one forum).

Hell Cody, I am certain I'm not speaking for just myself when I say that I wouldn't even object to there being a membership fee or mandatory site donation requirement in order to post in that forum (viewing and reading would always be free). That way the forum can be looked at as a reward for supporting such a great site and the additional money will go a little ways to justify the slight bump in work that such a forum would require.

Kart and anyone else curious, jump on over to the suggestions forum and make your ideas heard better.
    My thread in the Suggestions forum about this

Dude calm down, this is exactly the place for people to talk and ask about jailbreaking. This site even has it's own forum to talk about jailbreaking. It's not like he called the dev teams personal cell numbers to ask when it comes out. Geo Hot quit and he's entitled to that. I don't think he just quit because people kept asking about the jailbreak, he's a bright kid with a lot bigger fish to fry in his life, i'm sure he will do bigger things in life than jailbreak iphones. I personally didn't care for his smugness but I respect the guy. Also not everyone is a jailbreak expert like you are. New people come in every day and although their questions may sound stupid to you they are just new to the scene.
    There's a monumental difference between discussion related to jailbreaking and what amounts to spamming the other threads with the same old posts asking for an ETA or even criticizing/attacking the devs for not coddling them and catering to their needs. Hell, it wouldn't even be as bad if they were making stupid threads about it all, but it is unacceptable for them to continuously firebomb threads that have NOTHING to do with jailbreaking and unlocking.

Why is there such a widely held assumption that just because people are new to the jailbreaking scene they must also be new to the concepts of deductive reasoning and rational thought? Yes, we were all noobs at one time or another, but I (as well as many others) was able to try searching for solutions and only posting questions after google, private messages, and twitter completely failed in answering questions.

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Really. You're gonna vouch for 174 people. *sigh* Just shut up. YOU don't like this option, but you can't make it any more relevant by saying the 173 people you work with have all tried this and feel the same way. You're full of crap.
    I believe he was saying that his company will not allow them to get the i4 because they feel giving away free bumpers/cases is an inadequate solution to such a problem and would rather not jeopardize any business being lost due to an antenna issue. If that is the case then that means 174 people at his work are not afforded the opportunity to have an iphone 4 because of this issue.
    Last edited by mortopher; 07-18-2010 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

26. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

KartRacer (07-28-2010)

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast